How popular will the Xbox 360 and PS3 remain?

2»

Comments

• GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Wish people would stop using that image, it's wrong.

Metro 2033 - March 16, 2010 - console exclusive, not on that image.
    Alan Wake - May 18, 2010 - console exclusive, not on that image.
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - April 17, 2012- console exclusive, not on that image.

It seems whomever made it decided to be completely biased and ignore all games that were console exclusive to the 360 if they were released on the PC as well.

But if it's also out for the PC how can it be a 360 exclusive?
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - April 17, 2012- console exclusive, not on that image.

It seems whomever made it decided to be completely biased and ignore all games that were console exclusive to the 360 if they were released on the PC as well.

If something is on the PC as well its not an exlusive.

The whole 'console exclusive' thing is just BS.
  • PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The PS3 will probably have decent support until 2015 at least, and I can see multiplats being released all the way up until Xmas 2016. There are tens of millions of 'last' gen consoles getting regular use and will do for a few years. It's not like the previous gen where switching brought HD gaming and better online infrastructure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

Witcher is mainly a PC game so does not count.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Witcher is mainly a PC game so does not count.

The game is still a console exclusive, like a lot of other games. The image is biased, by ignoring any games that are out on the PC and 360 it helps skew the results and makes the overall image better for the PS3. Just plain wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The game is still a console exclusive, like a lot of other games. The image is biased, by ignoring any games that are out on the PC and 360 it helps skew the results and makes the overall image better for the PS3. Just plain wrong.

Exclusive means you have to own the system a game is exclusive to to play it. If you can play it another way its not exclusive to that platform.

The list is biased as it lists games like Sky Cooper and Playstation All Stars which are available on the Vita.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Exclusive means you have to own the system a game is exclusive to to play it. If you can play it another way its not exclusive to that platform.

The list is biased as it lists games like Sky Cooper and Playstation All Stars which are available on the Vita.

But the keyword is console, console exclusive.

Wasn't the 360 very similar to the PC, so that games could easily be developed on both platforms? If so that would explain why a good number of games are available on both platforms I would assume. So doesn't seem fair to use that as a negative against the 360 saying it doesn't have many "exclusive" games just because its also out on the PC.

Again, the image should be comparing console exclusives to give a true reflection of the two consoles.
    Forum Member

But it does mean you can play it without an MS console
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But it does mean you can play it without an MS console

Console exclusive......am I talking to a brick wall :p

Or if you really want to be pedantic, a game like Witcher 2 can be played on a Microsoft Xbox 360, or a Microsoft Windows computer. :D:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the keyword is console, console exclusive.

Wasn't the 360 very similar to the PC, so that games could easily be developed on both platforms? If so that would explain why a good number of games are available on both platforms I would assume. So doesn't seem fair to use that as a negative against the 360 saying it doesn't have many "exclusive" games just because its also out on the PC.

Again, the image should be comparing console exclusives to give a true reflection of the two consoles.

"Console exclusive" is just PR BS made up to hide the fact that you don't actually have to own the system a game is "exclusive" to in order to play that game.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Console exclusive" is just PR BS made up to hide the fact that you don't actually have to own the system a game is "exclusive" to in order to play that game.

Agree with this, that's like saying FM14 is a Vita exclusive which is untrue as it's also out for the PC and Mac.

The word "console exclusive" is marketing nonsense and words thrown about by fanboys to try and pretend the 360 has more exclusives than it actually does.

It's not complicated, if a game is "exclusive" then your only means of playing it is to buy that system.
    Forum Member
    Console exclusive......am I talking to a brick wall :p

Or if you really want to be pedantic, a game like Witcher 2 can be played on a Microsoft Xbox 360, or a Microsoft Windows computer. :D:p

Or LINUX using WINE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    Agree with this, that's like saying FM14 is a Vita exclusive which is untrue as it's also out for the PC and Mac.

The word "console exclusive" is marketing nonsense and words thrown about by fanboys to try and pretend the 360 has more exclusives than it actually does.

It's not complicated, if a game is "exclusive" then your only means of playing it is to buy that system.

1) I don't like being called a fanboy
    2) No one has commented on my statement about if a developer finds it easy to create a game for the PC and 360 at the same time due to their similar architecture, should that be held against the 360?
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    I just dropped cash on pre-ordering a digital copy of GT6. PS3 still has 'dem legs!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2) No one has commented on my statement about if a developer finds it easy to create a game for the PC and 360 at the same time due to their similar architecture, should that be held against the 360?

I don't think how easy something is to develop has any barring on whether its an exclusive. Exclusive means only available on that system.

Sly Cooper is not PS3 exclusive as its on VITA.
    DC Universe Online is not PS3 exclusive as its on PC
    The Witcher 2 is not 360 exclusive as its on PC.

Would you consider The Witcher 2 a PC exclusive?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think how easy something is to develop has any barring on whether its an exclusive. Exclusive means only available on that system.

Sly Cooper is not PS3 exclusive as its on VITA.
    DC Universe Online is not PS3 exclusive as its on PC
    The Witcher 2 is not 360 exclusive as its on PC.

Would you consider The Witcher 2 a PC exclusive?

Look my main point is that image is biased, it's making it out like the 360 didn't have many games developed/published for it that weren't out on the PS3. That is the main purpose of that image.

Another great example is State of Decay, published by MS on the 360 and you won't get it on the PS3. But because later on MS then published it on the PC it's therefore not allowed on that list.

So yet again another great game not available for the PS3 isn't allowed on that list because MS decided to support their other platform.

The image is wrong, can't we agree on that? People saying that MS haven't supported the 360 over the last couple of years use that image as "proof" when it's wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Look my main point is that image is biased, it's making it out like the 360 didn't have many games developed/published for it that weren't out on the PS3. That is the main purpose of that image.

Another great example is State of Decay, published by MS on the 360 and you won't get it on the PS3. But because later on MS then published it on the PC it's therefore not allowed on that list.

So yet again another great game not available for the PS3 isn't allowed on that list because MS decided to support their other platform.

The image is wrong, can't we agree on that? People saying that MS haven't supported the 360 over the last couple of years use that image as "proof" when it's wrong.

I have already agreed the image is biased and wrong, I just don't agree with your reasoning for it been wrong.

The reason the image is wrong is it lists games on PS3 which are not exclusive to PS3 as they are also on VITA.

State of Decay is not a 360 exclusive, my mate is currently playing that game and does not own a 360.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have already agreed the image is biased and wrong, I just don't agree with your reasoning for it been wrong.

The reason the image is wrong is it lists games on PS3 which are not exclusive to PS3 as they are also on VITA.

State of Decay is not a 360 exclusive, my mate is currently playing that game and does not own a 360.

So your happy for people to say that MS haven't supported the 360 over that last couple of years?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So your happy for people to say that MS haven't supported the 360 over that last couple of years?

No. I don't think MS support their consoles as well as Sony support their consoles, but to say MS hasn't supported the 360 is crazy.

Also releasing a game like State of Decay is still supporting the 360 even though the game isn't an exclusive.

To be clear I think the picture posted is nonsense and holds no value.