Comments

• Inky BinkyInky Binky Posts: 2,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Wrath of the Titans" doesn't look bad. I didn't like the first film either and, according to interviews, neither did some of the actors in it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first one was very poor. Hope this will be better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the first one was good - sometimes you just have to enjoy a film for what it was. I went into watching it with low expectations and watched a 90 minute no brainer with no real story, but come decent action sequences and something that didn't take much concentration. ideal film for a Friday night with a bottle of wine and a pizza! The second one looks a bit better paced, probably a slightly bigger budget and looks as though the action sequences are a bit more spectacular this time round.
  • Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    'Clash' was pretty decent, not the best but a good watch. This looks to be half decent too, plus as a bonus we have Rosamund Pike as Andromeda. That pretty much seals it for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't like the first one. Sam Worthington was unwatchable.

Where's Gemma Arterton?
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    mr_me wrote: »
    Where's Gemma Arterton?
    Yes...:(

But Rosamund Pike is in it...:cool:

Looking forward to this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love these types of films
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    first one was good but should have been epic

i expect a improvement this time,maybe not huge but an improvement nontheless
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice trailer; shame about the crappy song.:)
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that looks better, at least he doesn't have that stupid crew cut this time, make watching Worthington a little less boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really liked Clash, it was surprisingly good. It started off slow, and I didnt have much faith in it, but it built up and by the end I had a really enjoyable time watching it, and the Wrath looks even better, so thats something to look forward to, and a third in the works, I have faith its gonna be good
  • caren197caren197 Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the trailer for this earlier, I loved the first one and this looks even better this time round. Action looks a million times better too cannot wait for this one.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked the original Clash movie but thought the remake was bad.

This looks like absolute mayhem?

Will probably give it a go though.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After that remake I think I'll wait for this to come on SkyMovies.
  • PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Where's Gemma Arterton?

I found her to be the most annoying part of Clash, I really can't stand her pouty acting.
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the first one was good - sometimes you just have to enjoy a film for what it was. I went into watching it with low expectations and watched a 90 minute no brainer with no real story, but come decent action sequences and something that didn't take much concentration. ideal film for a Friday night with a bottle of wine and a pizza! The second one looks a bit better paced, probably a slightly bigger budget and looks as though the action sequences are a bit more spectacular this time round.

I agree. I enjoyed the remake of Clash even though the original is one of my all time favourite films. I tried to ignore the fact it was a remake and just enjoyed is a sword and board adventure film with some special effects thrown in.
    This one looks better from the trailer, hopefully they'll have a decent story this time round as they epically failed on that front with the original and it's so stupid when they have such brilliant source material to go on.
  • MissDexterMissDexter Posts: 1,644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Clash was awful - I was so utterly bored by it at the cinema, just no pace or atmosphere whatsoever.
    That experience alone has put me off seeing the sequel.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member
    Inky Binky wrote: »
    "Wrath of the Titans" doesn't look bad. I didn't like the first film either and, according to interviews, neither did some of the actors in it.

I bet they liked getting paid to act in it. :p
    I thought the first one was good - sometimes you just have to enjoy a film for what it was. I went into watching it with low expectations and watched a 90 minute no brainer with no real story, but come decent action sequences and something that didn't take much concentration.

Same here. I read all the negative reviews but watched it anyway and I was entertained. It won't win major awards or anything but I was pleasantly surprised that Clash didn't totally suck.
  • BigFoot87BigFoot87 Posts: 9,293
    Forum Member

Where's Gemma Arterton?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1646987/trivia
    Gemma Arterton was originally supposed to return, but scheduling conflicts with Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters prevented the actress from taking the role.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sat and watched "Clash" on the Sky 3D channel and thought it was ok. My son is more interested in the new movie than I am so no doubt i'll take him to go and see it.
  • JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissDexter wrote: »
    I thought Clash was awful - I was so utterly bored by it at the cinema, just no pace or atmosphere whatsoever.
    That experience alone has put me off seeing the sequel.

My thoughts exactly re: lack of pace and atmosphere however I was hooked in with the (admittedly brilliant) trailer for the first movie and I refuse to do that with the second one and will rent it out instead.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Reviews are in, damn was hoping for something good.