Celebrities for 2013?

dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
Forum Member
✭✭
There is another thread but that's for what kind of celebs pros should get.

What celebs should we/do you want to see on Strictly next year?

Comments

• dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bumpety bump? ;)
  • MuSiKeMuSiKe Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo Joyner - She's quite short, one for Vincent. She's going on a break from EastEnders so she'll have the time.
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Frances de la Tour and Anton. She'd probably tower over him. (actually, how tall is she?)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frances de la Tour and Anton. She'd probably tower over him. (actually, how tall is she?)

Just short of 5'7. :)
    Forum Member
    MuSiKe wrote: »

Google says that she's 5'8, but I thought she was much taller.

In that case, Frances and Vincent. :D
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll put in a name, actually - Vanessa White, of The Saturdays.
  • cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    I think Rebecca Addlington is already penciled in for next year,Tyger Drew Honey and John Partridge are my other guesses.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    I'm not so worried about celebrities- I want some new pro's!

I'd axe Kristina, James and Ola, and keep Aliona on hiatus.

They would be replaced with-

Shem Jacobs- 6'1 Polish dancer who appeared with the ill-fated Dance Troupe in 2010. We need a taller male, and with his background in competitive dance (and DWTS Poland), I think he'd bring some interesting choreography to the show.

Anya Garnis- Pasha's pro partner, and one of the strongest latin dancers I've ever seen. Would be a fantastic addition to the show- I really think one way in which we could copy from DWTS is shipping in more ex-Soviet dancers.

Inna Berlizyeva- Recently retired from dance competitions, Inna is still only 30, and is one of the best ballroom females to come out of Ukraine. Ideal replacement for Kristina (whose choreography has been looking a little stilted recently)

Iveta Lukosiute- Was an absolute revelation this year- I want her back full time in place of Aliona.

That would leave us with a pro-lineup of-

Anton Du Beke & Erin Boag (These are part of the furniture, sadly. Neither will get a contender ever again)
    Artem Chigvintsev & Iveta Lukosiute (With the right partners, these could be the last two standing)
    Brendan Cole & Natalie Lowe (Two of the best ballroom choreographers- there's no way we can lose them)
    Pasha Kovalev & Anya Garnis (Absolute dynamite on SYTCYD- Anya would be a fantasting addition to the line-up)
    Robin Windsor & Inna Berlizyeva (I did think of axing Robin, but he is great with a certain type of contestant. Inna is my personal favourite new addition)
    Shem Jacobs & Karen Hauer (Would be a great looking pair- I decided to keep Karen to see how she'd fare with a more naturally gifted celeb)
    Vincent Simone & Flavia Cacace (The show would be a much poorer place without them)
  • Bonnie96Bonnie96 Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    I mentioned elsewhere that Shane Ritchie has been popping up in the audience and also on the Strictly Shimmy thing - is he a possibility?
    Would love him to take part!
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bonnie96 wrote: »
    I mentioned elsewhere that Shane Ritchie has been popping up in the audience and also on the Strictly Shimmy thing - is he a possibility?

I would love to have Shane on the show too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Richard Armitage. Smouldering in black leather, naturally.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Bonnie96 wrote: »

Bonnie, or anybody else, has there ever been on series without a present or ex Eastender? I do like Shane though and think he'd be good.
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    Jo Joyner - She's quite short, one for Vincent. She's going on a break from EastEnders so she'll have the time.
    it depends when the break is? its for 6 months but pretty sure she'll be finished before June. so she'll be back filming by the time strictly starts?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it depends when the break is? its for 6 months but pretty sure she'll be finished before June. so she'll be back filming by the time strictly starts?

She could fit it around her schedule if she's back before the time it starts, like Scott Maslen did. :)
  • monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,845
    Forum Member
    She could fit it around her schedule if she's back before the time it starts, like Scott Maslen did. :)

i know but if she was to do it it probably wouldnt be till the twins were older.
  • madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I'd love to see Jeremy Irons, Charles Dance and Nigel Havers: quintessential English gentlemen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love to see Jeremy Irons, Charles Dance and Nigel Havers: quintessential English gentlemen

Wow! that would be an amazing line up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Nina Wadia and Marc Elliot now they've left/are leaving EastEnders.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Nina Wadia and Marc Elliot now they've left/are leaving EastEnders.

I don't know these names.
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marc Elliot would be lovely! ;)

As would Tom Fletcher from McFly, my favourite :)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I might change my mind after the Xmas spesh but I vote for Helen Skelton....especially if BP gets cancelled.
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member

Really? I would've thought she was taller. I know 'they' say TV puts about 5lbs on you it must put 5 inches on too :D:D
  • footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Rosemary Schrager with James - she would put the wind up him :D
    Forum Member
    So, if it were up to Digital Spy, this could be next year's line-up:

Jo Joyner
    Frances de la Tour
    Vanessa White
    Rebecca Adlington
    Nina Wadia
    Helen Skelton
    Rosemary Shrager

Tyger Drew Honey
    John Partridge
    Shane Ritchie
    Richard Armitage
    Jeremy Irons
    Charles Dance
    Nigel Havers
    Marc Elliott
    Tom Fletcher

Fair to say that it's mainly women suggesting names here. ;)
  • NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,128
    Forum Member
    I'm not so worried about celebrities- I want some new pro's!

I'd axe Kristina, James and Ola, and keep Aliona on hiatus.

They would be replaced with-

Shem Jacobs- 6'1 Polish dancer who appeared with the ill-fated Dance Troupe in 2010. We need a taller male, and with his background in competitive dance (and DWTS Poland), I think he'd bring some interesting choreography to the show.

Anya Garnis- Pasha's pro partner, and one of the strongest latin dancers I've ever seen. Would be a fantastic addition to the show- I really think one way in which we could copy from DWTS is shipping in more ex-Soviet dancers.

Inna Berlizyeva- Recently retired from dance competitions, Inna is still only 30, and is one of the best ballroom females to come out of Ukraine. Ideal replacement for Kristina (whose choreography has been looking a little stilted recently)

Iveta Lukosiute- Was an absolute revelation this year- I want her back full time in place of Aliona.

That would leave us with a pro-lineup of-

Anton Du Beke & Erin Boag (These are part of the furniture, sadly. Neither will get a contender ever again)
    Artem Chigvintsev & Iveta Lukosiute (With the right partners, these could be the last two standing)
    Brendan Cole & Natalie Lowe (Two of the best ballroom choreographers- there's no way we can lose them)
    Pasha Kovalev & Anya Garnis (Absolute dynamite on SYTCYD- Anya would be a fantasting addition to the line-up)
    Robin Windsor & Inna Berlizyeva (I did think of axing Robin, but he is great with a certain type of contestant. Inna is my personal favourite new addition)
    Shem Jacobs & Karen Hauer (Would be a great looking pair- I decided to keep Karen to see how she'd fare with a more naturally gifted celeb)
    Vincent Simone & Flavia Cacace (The show would be a much poorer place without them)

I don't know the people you've mentioned. Russia does produce wonderful dancers. I'd get rid of Robin (I did like him initially) and Karen. I'd keep Christina and Aliona. I'm happy for Anton to stay, no feelings either way about Erin. Perhaps it's time for James to go.
This discussion has been closed.