Will & Kate's baby name?

Comments

• gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    I would like them to call her Diana Elizabeth Carole as it now will be the first born takes the crown, Queen Diana will really get up Camillas nose and rightly honour Princess Diana.

It will not happen but I would like it if it would.
  • confuddledconfuddled Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parasite for a girl
    Leech for a boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    1st names - Elizabeth or Albert
    2nd names - Catherine or William
    3rd names - Carole or Charles
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think these two are more modern and they may have names of their own choosing in mind.

Only thing is the name will have to be traditional to fit in for a future king or queen and more than likely the child will have four names.

I'm surprised there hasn't been a poll to see who the godparents are going to be.
    Has to be Pippa and Harry and about another 10 more going by William's own christening day
  • John_TraynorJohn_Traynor Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    They have now released details of their baby name choices, as follows:
    1) Male, straight - George
    2) Female, straight - Victoria
    3) Male, gay - Henry
    4) Female, gay - Sylvia
  • poboppobop Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    George is too common now, so that rules it out.

Henry - no - that's Harry's real name.

I really don't think they will call it Elizabeth, but hey prove me wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Boy - George Phillip Henry
    Girl - Grace Elizabeth Diana.

I also think William is so stubborn he won't give a hoot what the palace tell him he can and cannot do. The only concessions he will make are to his Grandmother & Grandfather who he clearly adores.

Are they fans of Boy George?
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they had a girl she was named Alice Elizabeth Diana. It sounds lovely plus having diana as a first named would not be a good idea.
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My money's on Winny or Wally Windsor.
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    I think a Caroline might be in there somewhere if it's a girl, it's classic and one of the feminine versions of Charles but hasn't been taken up by us commoners as enthusiastically as Charlotte has.
  • julicovajulicova Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I think Caroline is a real possibility after her mother, who orchestrated the whole romance. Second names could be: Elizabeth, Diana, Alice, Georgina, Louise, Victoria.

For a boy, I have a horrible feeling they may pick Louis, which is really annoying as that is what my boy is called: mad. I hope they don't. Other possibilities: Alexander, Alfred (Alfie), Nicholas and Richard (like this one).
  • RyJaRyJa Posts: 900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember reading somewhere that the Royals regard Richard as an unlucky name.

I think something like Charlotte Elizabeth Diana for a girl and George Philip James Michael for a boy.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect that if their 1st child turns out to be a girl, Will 'n' Kate may name their daughter, Georgiana - after William's maternal ancestor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgiana_Cavendish,_Duchess_of_Devonshire

I don't think Will would be keen to name his daughter after his late mother although he was a lot closer to his mother. The name Georgiana could be a perfect substitute instead. Another name, Caroline, could be chosen to honor Kate's mother, Carole as well.
  • EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emma for a Girl
    Christopher for a boy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they'll go for very traditional names, too.

Victoria Elizabeth Diana for a girl.

George Philip Charles for a boy.

Although there are a few royal names they could use that would sound modern yet also fit the bill for a Royal: Mary, Charlotte, Arthur, Albert (Bertie), Nicholas, James and so on.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything but DIana (if it's a girl!) for the first name, it could be included in the whole name but just not Princess/Queen Diana. IMO that would be a helluva burden for her, so much to live up to and the comparisons would never end (they won't any way but can you imagine it if she's actually called after Diana?!)

Not a good idea to me but I wouldn't be surprised if it's what William wants but if so he's not really thinking of the impact on his child :( Then again the child could embrace it and love being called after her but I wouldn't take the risk.
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are the odds of the kid being born on July 1st, just imagine that!
  • Black VelvetBlack Velvet Posts: 702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alice Charlotte Victoria Elizabeth Caroline Diana Katherine any of these names would be nice for their daughter.
    I get the feeling it will be a little girl that Kate has.

George Phillip Michael James Charles Louis are all nice names if its a wee boy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    James for a boy
    Victoria for a girl

It won't be called Diana or Elizabeth.
  • LibrarywitchLibrarywitch Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Not sure they'd go with the name Caroline, just because of how hated within the Royal Family Caroline of Brunswick was who was the wife of George IV. She was hated by the family but loved by ordinary folk (sounds just like Di!). George tired to divorce her and had her locked out of his coronation and she died a miserable death.

If its a girl I think it'll be something safe like Alice, Alexandra, Mary, Helena etc. There have been a few Royals called Maud in the past and the middle names of Victoria's daughters included Adelaide, Augusta, Louisa, Alberta so maybe if they wanted something different they could go for one of those?

If its a boy, I'd go for George/Albert after the Queen's dad or maybe Frederick.
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wayne for a boy
    Waynetta for a girl
  • miaowmiaow Posts: 8,495
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Wayne for a boy
    Waynetta for a girl

I'd love to think that in some parallel universe that's actually going to happen :D
  • LYNN(E)LYNN(E) Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He or she might not use their first name when they are crowned Apparently Charles is going to be King George when he ascends the Throne
    and as others have said if its a girl & gets called Diana she will forever be compared with her grandmother it wouldn;t be fair
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I think they should call her Ebony Darkness Dementia Raven Way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I think they should call her Ebony Darkness Dementia Raven Way

Lol love it. :) she really is the worst OC ever written in a fan fic.

Girl - Emily
    Boy - james