DS The Strictly Dancefloor - Round 8

footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
Forum Member
Hello and welcome to the third round in the new series of Dancefloor. Last time saw the sad and shock departure of David and Camilla, but today seven couples return though to take on the the challenge of a randomly selected latin dance. They were also asked to submit with it a songchoice that has been on a film soundtrack or used in a musical. They will be marked by our judges and then the lines will open, and the couple who top the judges leaderboard with receive immunity providing they are not in a tie. A reminder to you all that if there is a tie at the bottom in the public vote that the dancefloor tie breaker rule comes into operation, whereupon the couple who placed highest with judges will go through to the next round. I can also say that all the song selections met the required criteria.

Our judges are Ross, Nick, Amy and Jamie.

Opening the show today with a Samba to Basketball Jones from SpaceJam by Barry White & Chris Rock please welcome Mitch and Erin

Comments

• footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Ross 3
    Nick 8
    Amy 2
    Jamie 1

Comment Ross- Far too slow for a Samba, there was no atmosphere, no decent beat for a Samba routine and fell flat almost immediately and throughout. Very disappointing.

That gives Mitch and Erin a score of 15/40

Performing the Paso Doble to Battle Without Honor or Humanity (Kill Bill) please welcome Jake and Natalie
    Forum Member
    Ross 7
    Nick 4
    Amy 7
    Jamie 5

Comment Jamie- This was a very interesting take on the Paso Doble, and I’m glad you took the risk. Not at all bad.

That gives Jake and Natalie a score of 23/40

Dancing the jive to Introducing Miss Lovelace from Deep Throat please welcome to the floor Luke and Karen
    Forum Member
    Ross 3
    Nick 7
    Amy 5
    Jamie 4

Comment Amy - I can see where you were going with this, but for me the music didn't really go anywhere and the performance felt a bit flat as a result.

That gives Luke and Karen a score of 19/40

Dancing the samba to Baywatch Theme from "Baywatch Bum Buddies please welcome Connor and Lilia to the floor
    Forum Member
    Ross 1
    Nick 8
    Amy 0
    Jamie 7

Comment Jamie- I never thought I would see this song used anytime soon, but it somehow made for a great Samba. The verses were better than the chorus, but, on the whole, it was very well done!

And that gives Connor and Lilia a score of 16/40

Dancing the rumba to Out of Reach by Gabrielle from Bridget Jones please welcome Ash and Iveta
    Forum Member
    Ross 5
    Nick 10
    Amy 7
    Jamie 3

Comment Amy - Probably one of the most predictable choices that you could have picked, but it's an awesome song so I'm still happy

And that gives Ash and Iveta a score of 25/40 for the rumba

With their jive to Everyone Has AIDS from the movie Team America: World Police please welcome Toni and Brendan
    Forum Member
    Ross 2
    Nick 10
    Amy 8
    Jamie 4

Comment Nick - This song made my cheer and nearly cry with happiness, the song has great rhythm and suits a Jive hugely, It was a very risky song but I loved it and you rocked the stage

And that jive gives Toni and Brendan a total of 24/40

And closing the show with a paso doble to I'll Make a Man Out of You' (from 'Mulan') please welcome Izzie and Artem
    Forum Member
    Ross 5
    Nick 8
    Amy 8
    Jamie 8

Comment Ross - I liked the marching drum section at the beginning, but it was really quite limp for a Paso, especially at this stage of the competition.

And that gives Izzie and Artem a score of 29/40 for the paso doble
    Forum Member
    So let's take a look at the standings.

1. Izzie and Artem 29
    2. Ash and Iveta 25
    3. Toni and Brendan 24
    4. Jake and Natalie 23
    5. Luke and Karen 19
    5. Connor and Lilia 16
    7. Mitch and Erin 15

Well there you have it, Izzie and Artem top with the judges, and not in a tie so they have immunity, but now it is time for you to have your say as

THE LINES ARE NOW OPEN

Your votes are important as ever. Please PM me your votes. It is 6 for your favourites through to 1 for your least favourites. The lines will remain open till 7pm tonight when I will return to reveal which 6 couples will return on Sunday and who will sadly leave the competition tonight

Those who do make it through to Sunday's show will be back to tackle the double header of ballroom and latin.

Anyone can vote.

Good luck to all of our couples

Get voting
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done to Izzie on getting immunity - I love that song and I should have known that it would be yours :p

Just to say Connor, the reason that I gave a 0 for yours is because I couldn't find that specific version of the song.

We don't want to give 0s for not being able to find songs, so in future, if possible could you all provide a link to your song please? :)
  • rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    I don't think i've ever seen Baywatch Bum Buddies before, so I just assumed it was the Baywatch theme. :o
  • TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rosco2010 wrote: »
    I don't think i've ever seen Baywatch Bum Buddies before, so I just assumed it was the Baywatch theme. :o

I thought it would be as well, so I had a search for the film to see if there was anything there, but there wasn't. Besides which, it looked as though there's been a few different theme tunes for the show.
  • essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Izzie, Well deserved, you've been one of the most consistent through this series ;)
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,098
    Forum Member
    I thought it would be as well, so I had a search for the film to see if there was anything there, but there wasn't. Besides which, it looked as though there's been a few different theme tunes for the show.

If I were you I wouldn't search for the film, I think you was looking in "the wrong places"
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprised to have topped the leaderboard!

Good luck to everybody else.
    Forum Member
    OK That is it. Time is Up

The votes have been counted and I can now reveal that tonights vote has seen a tie at the bottom of the public vote.

But as we all know Izzie and Artem have already gained a place in the next round by way of winning immunity.

So six couples faced the public vote tonight. And the first couple through is...
    Forum Member
    Toni and Brendan

Back on Sunday too are...
    Forum Member
    Connor and Lilia

The third couple through are
    Forum Member
    Ash and Iveta

Returning on Sunday to dance again are
    Forum Member
    Well done you two!
    Forum Member
    Well done Ashley!
    Forum Member
    Luke and Karen

Which leaves us with Jake and Natalie and Mitch and Erin.

As I said at the start of the results show there is a tie at the bottom of the public vote. And I also did say that the rules of dancefloor state that in the event of a tie at the bottom of the public vote the couple who place higher with the judges will be safe.

I can now reveal that the couple leaving tonight is
    Forum Member
    Oh ffs.
  • ElectricBoy171ElectricBoy171 Posts: 20,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? :confused:

What kinda rule is that?
    Forum Member
    A non existent rule Connor :rolleyes:
  • StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    footygirl wrote: »
    As I said at the start of the results show there is a tie at the bottom of the public vote. And I also did say that the rules of dancefloor state that in the event of a tie at the bottom of the public vote the couple who place higher with the judges will be safe.

Rather than re-opening the vote? :confused: That's handy.