Options

help needed plz :(

MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I decided to wear my favourite white shirt inside a purple sweater last weekend. I noticed the next day that the purple dye from my jumper was after coming off on my shirt under the armpit area:( The dye obviously ran there as I was in quite a sweaty club.

Is there any way I can get the whiteness back? It was a crisp white designer shirt so I don't want to throw it away:(
Obviously the dye doesn't come out in a normal wash.
An tips please on what might work?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe try washing it with Colour Catcher or Glo White?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    orangebird wrote: »
    Maybe try washing it with Colour Catcher or Glo White?

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for those in the supermarket tomorrow
  • Options
    morecowbellmorecowbell Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could also try washing bleach. It's about a pound for a box. Please be warned however....this is different to domestos! Do not put normal bleach on it as it will stain it yellow!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could also try washing bleach. It's about a pound for a box. Please be warned however....this is different to domestos! Do not put normal bleach on it as it will stain it yellow!

That's exactly what my mother said tonight when I suggested putting a cup of bleach over it in the sink:o
    I don't think I've seen washing bleach on sale before in my local supermarket but I'll look for it tomorrow.
    Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Use stain devil for ink /dye. Don't leave it on for longer than it says as it may discolour the white area.

I used bleach on permanent pen marker on my expensive new linen white pants as nothing else worked. I watched it every 5 minutes to ensure it didn't turn a nasty yellow. Unfortunately bleach doesn't work on everything and some stains will not come out.

Whatever you do - DO NOT IRON THE STAINED AREA as the HEAT will SET the DYE. Only iron once the stain is out.