Big Brother is dying, and it deserves to die

Comments

• Wrestling_fanWrestling_fan Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother's on life support. This will be the last year. What a mess they've made of it.
  • NatgarNatgar Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother's on life support. This will be the last year. What a mess they've made of it.

Agree it's is no longer fun to watch and this years hms are a horrible, unlike able boring bunch.
  • LockesLockes Posts: 6,568
    Forum Member
    BB7 was the last classic, it should have ended then!
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't worry, the Celebrity version will save it and we will get another Civilian series next summer.
  • Wrestling_fanWrestling_fan Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No you won't. Viacom has bought channel 5, and looking at these ratings you'd have to be stupid to pay 20 million out.
  • zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    After tonight i agree BB deserves it's fate as a poor show almost no one is watching.
  • JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP this has been said for years. So why watch it. I enjoy the surprises. Im a loyal fan!
    I stopped watching the Celeb version though after Denise Welch.:o
    I didnt realise Rylan was in the next one.:cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    Super Cassandra is the only thing keeping me interested.
  • FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think whatever happens with Big Brother between now and it's demise, people have decided the law is that they won't like whatever happens even if it's good (because the ratings are bad doesn't make it bad). So even if Ash got evicted I imagine this thread would of got bumped for some reason..

People just want the show to end, not because of this series particularly but a undertone of people bored of Big Brother format and looking for excuses.

The negativity on this forum the last years of Big Brother and even when it was good in BB5 (but not as much) is not fun.

Forum members are just been defiant
  • Dick StallionDick Stallion Posts: 890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FusionFury wrote: »
    I think whatever happens with Big Brother between now and it's demise, people have decided the law is that they won't like whatever happens even if it's good (because the ratings are bad doesn't make it bad). So even if Ash got evicted I imagine this thread would of got bumped for some reason..

People just want the show to end, not because of this series particularly but a undertone of people bored of Big Brother format and looking for excuses.

The negativity on this forum the last years of Big Brother and even when it was good in BB5 (but not as much) is not fun.

Forum members are just been defiant

The BB format is fine, the problem is that this series in particular has thrown the format out of the window and turned the show into a low rent Towie, and this is particularly evident with tonight's so-called Armageddon. I suppose I'll be joining the OP and others in just not watching this garbage.
  • GalacticusGalacticus Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is a thread that the Endemol clowns should read and attempt to understand. This show is not rocket science, the principle and fundaments of operation are quite simple really. I'll continue watching this series but can't say I'll rue its departure.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    Zadeth wrote: »
    Look at EastEnders, it had a dire time under Brian Kirkwood and Lorraine Newman, but now DTC has come in and it's refreshed it. Perhaps Viacom can grant us the salvation we seek.

Never watch it. I can't turn over fast enough when that crap comes on. It just seems to be people shouting at each other from arsehole to breakfast time.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The show has stooped to so many lows during this series alone that I hope Viacom trash it and pretend it never existed.

I used to be obsessed with this show, it was part of my life and it would be the main thing I would talk about for 3 months but now I just can't stand it.
  • od hominemod hominem Posts: 8,593
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Don't worry, the Celebrity version will save it and we will get another Civilian series next summer.

Can't see Viacom being interested, to be honest.
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Galacticus wrote: »
    This is a thread that the Endemol clowns should read and attempt to understand. This show is not rocket science, the principle and fundaments of operation are quite simple really.

The production team probably read our views, on the flipside their hands are very tied on channel 5 which pay em so unable to listen to us. Its been in a mess for a long time anyway so that explains everything. :(
  • David166David166 Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a diehard BB fan since series 1. Throughout all the criticism I have stuck with it. but for the first series ever I care for no one. I don't care who wins or who goes... It's the most indifferent I've felt about a BB series.... This is definately the beginning of the end for me....
  • Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    od hominem wrote: »
    Can't see Viacom being interested, to be honest.

If bb is saved it'll only just get in barely. :cool:
  • JoHalsallJoHalsall Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I just think it depends what housemates they choose to put in. Last years BB was great! Reminded me a Bit more of the older series. This year seems stale in comparison. Too many gimmicks and twists from BB. Housemates aren't a good mix either. However, I still think it's a good show :)
  • wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    I've felt that since BB4 channel 4, BB producers have become determined not to allow the show to become boring so there is constant interference and manipulation of the voting/nominating and that has become equally boring. I don't think its dying in so much as commiting suicide. I don't care that they add twists to the actual show itself but they should keep voting out and exits on an equal footing for all housemates, there should be one voting system either to save or evict throughout the series and not change it about to manipulate who they think should stay because just sometimes the public is right and lets face it, it's our money.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David166 wrote: »
    I am a diehard BB fan since series 1. Throughout all the criticism I have stuck with it. but for the first series ever I care for no one. I don't care who wins or who goes... It's the most indifferent I've felt about a BB series.... This is definately the beginning of the end for me....

I was a die hard from series 5 to 11, I stuck with it when they decided to axe live feed during BB10 and I stuck with it when they had a music montage during BB11 but I gave up as soon as it moved to Channel 5.

I still hope for changes so it becomes less trashy and aimed at idiots but I don't think I can ever watch the normal series again.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There have been good and bad BB's over the years and this one IS a stinker, but imo it's down to the choice of HM's. There's no guarantee they'll have entertaining chemistry - no matter how much fish gunge or sex mad HM's there are. They're just a dull bunch. I think they could minimise the risk if they just shook up the selection process and made sure there was a huge mix of ages, and characters. Go for extreme personalities and vacuous models you're in for a boring time!
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Big Brother is moribund.

Ahaa!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    needs a total overhaul from the ground up.
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lombard wrote: »
    Congrats, we haven't had this very same thread for a least the past 14 hours

We mustn't leave it that long again.
  • amelie74amelie74 Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    For the first time ever I stopped watching a BB series when Mathew was evicted. Not that I was a particular fan of Mathew but it was beginning to look predictable.

Started watching again in Armageddon week to see what would happen but the newbies are disappointing. I can still see the likes of Ashleigh, Chris, Christopher and Danielle being picked off one by one leaving Helen, her bum boy, the puke inducing Steven and Kimberley, Winston and Mark as the final nears.

I think I'll be switching off again at the end of this week and wait for CBB to start.