The Producers Have Lost The Plot

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    IMO the Producers are now stepping over the mark all they are doing is trying to cause as much friction as possible much more so than any other year. The .hit stirring tonight is a disgrace and no wonder people are no longer watching.

I agree.
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    IMO the Producers are now stepping over the mark all they are doing is trying to cause as much friction as possible much more so than any other year. The .hit stirring tonight is a disgrace and no wonder people are no longer watching.

Unfortunately it's the producers who write the plots instead of letting things happen naturarly. With so many instances of HMs having their conversations played back to others, they will eventually stop being honest and open. No wonder Chris hardly says anything about anyone. He knows that if he does, BB will play it back to them
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    adwalton wrote: »
    Unfortunately it's the producers who write the plots instead of letting things happen naturarly. With so many instances of HMs having their conversations played back to others, they will eventually stop being honest and open. No wonder Chris hardly says anything about anyone. He knows that if he does, BB will play it back to them

None of then will give their true feelings in the DR again.
  • Options
    keeping_it_realkeeping_it_real Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What they need to do now is sit the whole house down together and show them Kim, Jale, Danielle and Ashleigh discussing putting Ash up without Helen there and the house will turn.

I can't believe she didn't tell Helen that her mates were in on it when they were arguing.
  • Options
    jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could they be doing this, in the hope, of it starting a argument, and pushing Helen, until she maybe snaps, maybe using some racism or something
  • Options
    jjandregjjandreg Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I think part of the problem lies with the fact the producers are probably about 25 and armed with a "degree" in some extremely obscure social media subject which then qualifies them to run this show. I never watched BB1 but did watch a few subsequent series and enjoyed them. It was an interesting social experiment. Put a load of strangers together in a confined space, remove all contact with the outside world, make them earn the right to "buy" enough food to eat properly and learn to co-exist. Initially it worked, until the fame-hungry wannabes arrived and the production team thought to sex it up by sticking a load of freaks in. I then turned off until this year and I was hopeful but this series is like a car-crash. In a way its a bit like some of those US series where the writers start out with a decent plot and then the series gets popular but they run out of ideas and it gets so weird - Twin Peaks, Lost, Flash Forward etc.

We have all known for a long time that all these shows are ruthlessly manipulated and I have long doubted that many of the results are genuine (I know a fair bit about betting and the Matthew eviction was one of the most dodgy in history!) By refusing to show LF, we are kept in the dark about Helen's true behaviour and then on the HL we are dictated to as to what our views should be. I completely agree with those that say if Helen was male she would have been out weeks ago. Her aggression and control has ruined this year. It has reduced the others to treading on eggshells around her and this recent idea to show other's comments to her is just so wrong. As a viewer I just don't want to see this unpleasantness - the only time I have laughed this series is during the Chicken Task.

And if it was Helen's idea to go into the House to show the general public that actually underneath "She's a really nice person" - Yup she's done a great job of that! Oh no, wait, its all about the deals she will get when she comes out.

I would like to think that the production team have a minion out there who's sole job it is to read these threads and report back viewer opinion but somehow I very much doubt it!
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjandreg wrote: »
    I think part of the problem lies with the fact the producers are probably about 25 and armed with a "degree" in some extremely obscure social media subject which then qualifies them to run this show. I never watched BB1 but did watch a few subsequent series and enjoyed them. It was an interesting social experiment. Put a load of strangers together in a confined space, remove all contact with the outside world, make them earn the right to "buy" enough food to eat properly and learn to co-exist. Initially it worked, until the fame-hungry wannabes arrived and the production team thought to sex it up by sticking a load of freaks in. I then turned off until this year and I was hopeful but this series is like a car-crash. In a way its a bit like some of those US series where the writers start out with a decent plot and then the series gets popular but they run out of ideas and it gets so weird - Twin Peaks, Lost, Flash Forward etc.

We have all known for a long time that all these shows are ruthlessly manipulated and I have long doubted that many of the results are genuine (I know a fair bit about betting and the Matthew eviction was one of the most dodgy in history!) By refusing to show LF, we are kept in the dark about Helen's true behaviour and then on the HL we are dictated to as to what our views should be. I completely agree with those that say if Helen was male she would have been out weeks ago. Her aggression and control has ruined this year. It has reduced the others to treading on eggshells around her and this recent idea to show other's comments to her is just so wrong. As a viewer I just don't want to see this unpleasantness - the only time I have laughed this series is during the Chicken Task.

And if it was Helen's idea to go into the House to show the general public that actually underneath "She's a really nice person" - Yup she's done a great job of that! Oh no, wait, its all about the deals she will get when she comes out.

I would like to think that the production team have a minion out there who's sole job it is to read these threads and report back viewer opinion but somehow I very much doubt it!

An excellent post, Its the first time I have ever questioned an eviction vote and I agree it was suspicious. How many times did Emma and Rylan say that the voting was the closest ever? I have given up watching because Helen has spoiled BB for me and the producers are letting her. I read the forums and pick up what is happening on here.
  • Options
    jjandregjjandreg Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    What made Matthew's eviction so odd was the lack of last minute money for him to go. Ash was long odds on to go right up to the minute Emma announced Matthew's name. I've always had a suspicion that those that work on these shows have access to the results as they are coming in and in this technological environment, it is all too easy to place a last minute bet. Consequently the odds will fall and as people see those odds shortening, they will bet accordingly (a bit like sheep but also that they suspect someone knows something!)

On a betting website such as Betfair (where you bet against other members of the public rather than proper bookmakers), the odds are pretty much determined by public opinion - in other words they come on here to see what you, the public, think about the housemates. And Matthew just wasn't seen in a particularly negative light. Whereas Ash was, hence being odds on favourite to go. The astounded response on the BB forum on there when the "wrong" name was called tells you all.

As for the boos Matthew got on the night from the audience, well if they aren't from plants in there, I don't know what are!! Its no different on BBOTS.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    fredster wrote: »
    An excellent post, Its the first time I have ever questioned an eviction vote and I agree it was suspicious. How many times did Emma and Rylan say that the voting was the closest ever? I have given up watching because Helen has spoiled BB for me and the producers are letting her. I read the forums and pick up what is happening on here.

I do think the production team read these threads, but their hands are tied with making money from voters. More live feed would have made a difference, but they've obviously not had the stats to keep live feed going. It looked like last year things were looking up and now things are back to the old drawing board. To be fair I think the future of the show is looking bleak and days are numbered now. There's nothing they can do to save it to be honest. :(
  • Options
    HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    jjandreg wrote: »
    What made Matthew's eviction so odd was the lack of last minute money for him to go. Ash was long odds on to go right up to the minute Emma announced Matthew's name. I've always had a suspicion that those that work on these shows have access to the results as they are coming in and in this technological environment, it is all too easy to place a last minute bet. Consequently the odds will fall and as people see those odds shortening, they will bet accordingly (a bit like sheep but also that they suspect someone knows something!)

On a betting website such as Betfair (where you bet against other members of the public rather than proper bookmakers), the odds are pretty much determined by public opinion - in other words they come on here to see what you, the public, think about the housemates. And Matthew just wasn't seen in a particularly negative light. Whereas Ash was, hence being odds on favourite to go. The astounded response on the BB forum on there when the "wrong" name was called tells you all.

As for the boos Matthew got on the night from the audience, well if they aren't from plants in there, I don't know what are!! Its no different on BBOTS.

Not to mention the very loud, clearly shouted get Ashleigh out. Where did that come from. She wasn't the worse in that house last week by a long chalk. :o
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the very loud, clearly shouted get Ashleigh out. Where did that come from. She wasn't the worse in that house last week by a long chalk. :o

Evidently the crowd thought she was.
  • Options
    ArtieArtie Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    If the vote was swinging back and forth the producers have the choice of when to cut off to get the preferred outcome. Not to mention that the edit during the week was ruthlessly in favour of Ash. This week Ashleigh is seemingly the producers' choice to go.

The required outcome is clearly to leave as many couples in play as possible to get some geordyshoreish undercover bonking going on. If this is the audience they are going for it's bye bye BB from me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It gets worse by the day it is almost like they want to kill the show. If Ashleigh goes on Friday I reckon they will loose thousands more viewers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their blatant favouritism for Helen & Co. has been disgusting..but more disturbing has been their treatment of Ashleigh. >:(

I've given up watching and hope thousands of others do too.
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're committing Seppuku.
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Their blatant favouritism for Helen & Co. has been disgusting..but more disturbing has been their treatment of Ashleigh. >:(

Haven't watched an ep since Friday and to be fair i don't think I'll be watching very many episodes either, a lot of endemol personnel need a sacking or need to quit. The producers have been very incompetent with this series and hope they suffer now with low ratings. :( >:(
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the producers had too.........and was fast losing the will to carry on.........only if I watched it like some sort of soap opera......

......but as is my right.....:p ........ I have changed my mind and watched the twist of using all the bettery to save one HM from eviction.........a bit like Conor taking the cash and doing a runner........

......BB have used this format, and Marlon has 'saved' himself........or has he.......which upsets the group he is in..........and as for them all crying 'liar'.........I bet they would have done the same......

Getting back to Jale........I did like the way she stepped back and did not want a part of it.......
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes also given up watching, and sad to say it really. Been a fan since Series 1, still love the premise of it, but whoever is behind this years show has utterly ruined it. Shame on them…..the loyal fans deserved a hell of a lot better than the dreadful, negative series we have been subjected to so far.
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're committing Seppuku.

>>>>>> runs off to google >>>>>>>>

......looked it up........oh please don't do that.......you will mess up the DS forum......:o

Okay.......gottit now........not you........the HMs........off to take my tablets........:confused:
  • Options
    goldylookinfishgoldylookinfish Posts: 2,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    >>>>>> runs off to google >>>>>>>>

......looked it up........oh please don't do that.......you will mess up the DS forum......:o

Okay.......gottit now........not you........the HMs........off to take my tablets........:confused:

I'll get the mop :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Two weeks later and nothing has changed in fact it has got worse.