New Saturday's Single "Forever Is Over"

Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
Forum Member
✭✭
The Saturdays' new single 'Forever Is Over' was written by former Busted star James Bourne, it has emerged.

The girl group, who are currently putting the finishing touches to their second studio album, reportedly paired up with Bourne to create a "rockier" sound distinct from their labelmates Girls Aloud.

"'Forever Is Over' will be the song which finally distances The Saturdays from all the Girls Aloud clones remarks," a source told the Daily Star.

"It's totally unlike anything they've ever done before. It's a big 'F*** you' to a boyfriend after a break-up, and sounds like nothing Girls Aloud would ever release either.

"Everyone around the band is very excited as they've really started to hone their own sound. James wrote all of Busted's number ones, and a massive bunch of McFly hits too, so he knows what he's doing when it comes to pop and rock with a mainstream edge."

The Saturdays reportedly threatened to go on strike recently after claiming that their management were working them too hard.

'Forever As One' will precede the girl band's second album, scheduled for release in October.

DS Article.

Why are they releasing a single and then the album? For increased sales it makes sense to release 2 singles before the album! It builds up the anticipation. I thought they were releasing a new song they sang on tour called "Wordshaker?"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this :)I like The Saturdays, I don't know why they get so much stick. :)
  • StubeStube Posts: 16,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wordshaker is probably the 2nd single. If it's true that they are going head-to-head with JLS' second single, The Sats might have to settle for number two again.
  • kutoxkutox Posts: 16,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Why are they releasing a single and then the album? For increased sales it makes sense to release 2 singles before the album! It builds up the anticipation.

releasing 2 singles before the album might build up the anticipation, possibly leading to a higher chart position for the album, but whether that means it will sell more is uncertain. Lady Gaga released The Fame the week after Just Dance came out, and the album hovered around the top 10 for a few months, but when Poker Face got to no.1, The Fame then spent 4 weeks at the top of the album chart, having been out for a few months already. all The Saturdays need is a strong lead single followed by a good second single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say the Sats are GA clones, they's just an on-par, bit generic Girl Band. But I'm optimistic about their new stuff, hopefully they get their own image and this new rockier song isn't another Sound of the Underground/No Good Advice for their sakes.

Not bashing SOTU/NGA by there, I LOVE those songs, I'm just saying the Sats new song better sound different if they want their own image
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Why are they going for a rockier sound, though? I don't think their fans would be too pleased.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps by 'rock' it's more Avril Lavigne type music. Ugh. :(

I'm looking forward to their second album, their first one was fab.
  • Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Perhaps by 'rock' it's more Avril Lavigne type music. Ugh. :(

I'm looking forward to their second album, their first one was fab.

It was, wasn't it!

We know two tracks what's the other new one they sang on tour?
  • Dandeman2010xDandeman2010x Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Taz93 wrote: »
    It was, wasn't it!

We know two tracks what's the other new one they sang on tour?

It was called "One Shot". They made the crowd do a Steps-esque dance move during the chorus. Cringe.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Sounds interesting. I hope it's a good song! I love The Saturdays and they were really good live! :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going by the song title "Forever is Over", I thought it was gonna be some big, overdramatic ballad so interesting that it is going to be a rockier sound. I don't know if that is a good thing though. Reminds me when Sugababes tried to change their sound a bit with dumping the electro-pop on "Catfights..." and it flopped
  • PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's normal to release one single and then an album. I don't remember the last time an artist I follow released two singles first... if at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychosis wrote: »
    It's normal to release one single and then an album. I don't remember the last time an artist I follow released two singles first... if at all.

Sugababes are doing it with their 7th Album.

"Get Sexy"
    "About A Girl"
    Album
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So James Bourne wrote it? Hmmm. Not sure if I like the idea of The Saturdays doing Busted/McFly type music but I guess it's worth a risk.

Before anyone writes off James Bourne, he *did* write all of Busted's singles (didn't they get 4 #1's, a #2, a #3 and a #5) in the space of two years?
  • simmersimmer Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    looking forward to it
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    So James Bourne wrote it? Hmmm. Not sure if I like the idea of The Saturdays doing Busted/McFly type music but I guess it's worth a risk.

Before anyone writes off James Bourne, he *did* write all of Busted's singles (didn't they get 4 #1's, a #2, a #3 and a #5) in the space of two years?

yes, but busted were 'new' (well, ressurecting the traditional pop sound, kids banging guitars...all good fun! (that as opposed to manufactured robots) ). the teen market has always been more heavily reprisented by females... so busted were always going to do well. the sats however are just another generic girl group.. whilst they may have some talent in being able to perform live, credit where its due, im still uncertain that the material is good enough to transcend their fan base.

id prefer them to cut the 'earnest warbling' ala x factor stylee out of their reportoir and concentrate on their harmonies...which are their main strength. we dont need the old ga/sb formula with each in turn singing a verse to be joined by all for a chorus. their vocal harmonies are their strength, play to that..... but i doubt they will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saturdays fans defend them by saying they can play instruments, if so, thats a good direction to go.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the Saturdays, and I quite like pop-rock, I don't like James Bourne so much or Busted so this could go either way for me!
    It seems like a bit of a jump from their last album to a 'rockier sound' and I'm not sure it will suit them but I'll give it a shot.
    The whole 'songs Girls Aloud wouldn't release' thing is a load of nonsense though- I'm pretty sure most of their early singles were pop-rock sounding songs like Sound of the Underground and No Good Advice.
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JoeNDM wrote: »
    Saturdays fans defend them by saying they can play instruments, if so, thats a good direction to go.

indeed, but whats the use in having the ability to play instruments if they dont display it?

play them and sing live and ill respect that, regardless of wether or not i like the track.
  • ravensboroughravensborough Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    What's so bad about being compared to Girls Aloud? You'd think any fledgling girl band would kill to have GA's success and longevity?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    indeed, but whats the use in having the ability to play instruments if they dont display it?

play them and sing live and ill respect that, regardless of wether or not i like the track.
    They have done. On their tour, they played the guitar for some of their slower songs. They've also got their guitars out on some performances for TV.

What the article fails to mention is the James Bourne wrote and produced it with the same people who produced Beyonce's Halo and Jordin Sparks' Battlefield so it's not just James. They had two other American producers working on it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last song i heard that James Bourne wrote was Eoughan Quiggs "28000 friends" Lets just hope it isnt as tragic as that offering orelse the Sats are in trouble!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bentab123 wrote: »
    The last song i heard that James Bourne wrote was Eoughan Quiggs "28000 friends" Lets just hope it isnt as tragic as that offering orelse the Sats are in trouble!

OMG really! You're so right!
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have done. On their tour, they played the guitar for some of their slower songs. They've also got their guitars out on some performances for TV.

What the article fails to mention is the James Bourne wrote and produced it with the same people who produced Beyonce's Halo and Jordin Sparks' Battlefield so it's not just James. They had two other American producers working on it.

Are they the same people that did Leona's Yesterday and Take A Bow? I read somewhere they're involved.
    If it is then ignore my question.
  • EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    cfc86 wrote: »
    Are they the same people that did Leona's Yesterday and Take A Bow? I read somewhere they're involved.
    If it is then ignore my question.

Yes although I think this is a rumour at the moment and not confirmed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ethereal wrote: »
    Yes although I think this is a rumour at the moment and not confirmed.
    It's not a rumour. Sam Watters and Louis Biancaniello are both credited for the song's production. :)