Options

Save Jim Carver Petition

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.petitiononline.com/mws600/petition.html

Please sign it. Even if you dont watch TB. Even if you dont like Jim!!! It's the principle of the thing, its comparable to William Roache getting the sack after 40-odd years of service....

We need all the help we can get and I know from other petitions started from this site how powerful it can be!!

Cheers all. :D

Comments

• Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's happening to him?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rumours are - pretty strong rumours - that Mark Wingett has been shown the door by ungrateful producers. :mad:.

It's been in The Sun, Ananova and mentioned on Radio 1, who by all accounts are as stunned as everyone else who has heard.
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've signed it !!!

But i'd also like a petition, this time to get rid of the CHIMP.... :D:D:D

:p:p
  • Options
    Rita's KabinRita's Kabin Posts: 36,444
    Forum Member
    JG600 wrote:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/mws600/petition.html

Please sign it. Even if you dont watch TB. Even if you dont like Jim!!! It's the principle of the thing, its comparable to William Roache getting the sack after 40-odd years of service....

We need all the help we can get and I know from other petitions started from this site how powerful it can be!!

Cheers all. :D

Signed it.
  • Options
    Benc533Benc533 Posts: 3,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is "TB" (apart from tuberculosis) ?
  • Options
    FOXPRESIDENTFOXPRESIDENT Posts: 4,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Benc533 wrote:
    What is "TB" (apart from tuberculosis) ?

The Bill :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Benc533Benc533 Posts: 3,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, sorry about that didn't even occur to me, I don't watch the Bill so I'll be quiet now :o :rolleyes:
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    Still sign the petition though, its for a good cause!! :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's important for any soap to have a core of long running characters, to give a thread of continuity through the years. However, I think Jim has run his course, and is no longer believeable as a copper. Maybe he shouldn't be binned, but should only feature in the background. He could leave the Met on health grounds and open up a little hardware store. Or even become a professional counsellor for alcoholics. This way his character would have a new lease of life, but only appear occasionally in relevant stories or as Mr June Ackland.

Rudi
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have signed the petition
  • Options
    GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    I've signed it for historical reasons. I haven't watched The Bill for years but I really liked him in it and June. Is Bob Cryer still in it?How many of the characters from about 10 to 12 years ago are still there?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldilocks wrote:
    I've signed it for historical reasons. I haven't watched The Bill for years but I really liked him in it and June. Is Bob Cryer still in it?How many of the characters from about 10 to 12 years ago are still there?
    Jim, June, Tony Stamp, Reg Hollis, Jack Meadows, Sergeant Smiffy (maybe - left and came back). That's about it.

Rudi :cool:
  • Options
    GoldilocksGoldilocks Posts: 7,349
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. What happen to Burnside? I thought he was really good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Signed it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i signed it i dont watch the bill as much as i did do but still i want jim to stay :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A little hardware store? Bizarre idea, but kind of cute. Personally though I think Jim would be the kind to be lousy at DIY. There's been hints that he's good at cooking tho so maybe a little cafe somewhere? Chez Jim....

It's not so much Mark leaving I have a problem with, I think in all truthfullness he's better off out of it, its just the way it's been done we're protesting about. Mark should have been given the choice, and should definitely have a say in his exit story which I hope wont (if it happens) have Jim leaving the Met in disgrace...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    I think it's disgusting, first they marry him off then they kill him off, it's wrong and i do not think i will watch if he does go, barry
    P.S
    I have signed the petition too

Die ApeMan Die
    And Soon
  • Options
    alan45alan45 Posts: 3,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's disgusting, first they marry him off then they kill him off, it's wrong and i do not think i will watch if he does go, barry
    P.S

Die ApeMan Die
    And Soon

You are joining a bunch of disaffected Bill viewers. Its getting so crap that really I dont care whether or not I see it now.

Die Apeman Die
    Sooner rather than later
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Thats awful, This is clearly a mistake as its the longer serving characters who give the shows character, I am going to sign the petition but I feel maybe the biggest problem is the people who sacked Jim!, namely the producers who have ruined the show so much, so here is another petition I noticed that I am going to sign

http://www.petitiononline.com/tbi999ll/petition.html

and hopefully ITV might just realise whats happening because I seriously think that The Bill is going the same way as Brookside and will be in the 11pm graveyard slot before long unless the Producers are replaced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    P.S

Die ApeMan Die
    And Soon

He is not being killed off, the door has been 'left open for him to return'. Which makes no sense because why should they axe him in the first place!
  • Options
    Jmac-25Jmac-25 Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Signed it.

Its not only Jim Carver thats getting axed: Rob Thatcher and Ken Drummond have also been told their contracts will not be renewed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't care about Rob, but i really want Ken to stay as well as Jim!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    signed it, let's hope it works.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    I feel very strongly that Mark Wingett, playing the character of Jim Carver, should continue with The Bill.

He is a valuable member of the team and his character has many a story left, aside from being a strong supporting actor of other story lines.

Having spent 21 years on the show and progressed his character so well, Mark Wingett does not deserve to be taken out of the show. He is a key contributor to the shows success!

I really enjoyed the recent storylines surrounding Jim and June's wedding. I do question the point of following the viewers wishes on that issue but then ignoring viewers strong feelings that Jim Carver is an important and crucial part of the show.