Options

Corrie - Katy finally getting some action

karl93karl93 Posts: 1,192
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Get in there Ryan. Katy is so fit it's about time she gets shown how stunning she is!

Comments

• Options
    FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    No, you certainly can't.
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katy is boring and dull, so they try and make her embark in yet another affair to try and make her interesting. Fail Corrie.

Will it kill Corrie to have a couple NOT having an affair?
  • Options
    TheMysteryGuyTheMysteryGuy Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Katy is boring and dull, so they try and make her embark in yet another affair to try and make her interesting. Fail Corrie.

Will it kill Corrie to have a couple NOT having an affair?

I think there should be a ban on affairs in soaps for a few years, or at least limit it to 1 or 2 over a couple of years.

Having 2 characters have an affair just shows the lack of imagaination soap writers have. If you want to have drama with a couple then come up with something else. Stretch your brains a little, people!
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    I think there should be a ban on affairs in soaps for a few years, or at least limit it to 1 or 2 over a couple of years.

Having 2 characters have an affair just shows the lack of imagaination soap writers have. If you want to have drama with a couple then come up with something else. Stretch your brains a little, people!

Thats what I thought Corrie were doing when they started the "Post Natal Depression" story with Katy, showing she couldn't cope, then It was forgotten about as quickly as it started, I would've preferred a extension to that story rather than them, ruining the only stable family unit there. =/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's alright saying that your bored of soap affairs but if the couple are happy then they ain't gonna be on screen cus they ain't interesting
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karl93 wrote: »
    It's alright saying that your bored of soap affairs but if the couple are happy then they ain't gonna be on screen cus they ain't interesting

So the only two possible scenarios are 'happy' and 'having an affair'? Jeez, I hope you never write for Coronation Street.
  • Options
    bob321bob321 Posts: 444
    Forum Member
    I wish Katy was getting action with me
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think in the case of Ches and Katy, an affair is very believable. They got together so young, way before either was fully emotionally grown up. I can certainly see Katy straying. Wish it wasn't with that total gonk Ryan though.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is going to be the next Molly and Suntia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bob321 wrote: »

Me too. Anythings better than that knob ches
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it confirmed they have an affair or only a kiss?
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only a kiss for now.

Jesus, is this all they can do for Ryan though? H disappears, then when he does return it's for another 'romance' story. :yawn:
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    She is going to be the next Molly and Suntia

This. They're trying to make Katy more interesting with this SL, personally I don't like it mainly because I don't like Ryawn Cokener.
    Her post natal depression SL had potential but was rushed.
  • Options
    FrankieSFrankieS Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    bob321 wrote: »
    Funny you should say that as I was thinking exactly the same - but with me.
  • Options
    owlycherriesowlycherries Posts: 2,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh great. First David and Kylie, now this. What's wrong with a stable relationship? :mad:
  • Options
    Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just to think, back in 1983 when there was the Deirdre/Ken/Mike love triangle an affair was classed as an exciting storyline. When Deirdre had to pick between Ken & Mike, the result was posted on the scoreboard at Man U. Now affairs are ten-a-penny as that's the only storyline producers and storyliners can come up with for married couples.
  • Options
    ImonfireImonfire Posts: 2,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another dull non-story.

There's only one thing more boring than affairs in soapland and that's single parents.

Katy has more potential than this, as for Ryan; he needs to be axed asap.

Can't we have normal, long lasting couples on soaps anymore, who do not stray, do not turn in to psycho's etc.

It's unrealistic to have a street with as many single parent's and affairs as this.
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    It sounds very much like when Tommy took Sian on a driving lesson and made a pass at her.
  • Options
    IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll wait for the episode to pass judgement but Corrie, there are couples who can be happy for more than 2 years without having an affair
  • Options
    MsWilder11MsWilder11 Posts: 13,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Words fail me for the actual SL, but just wanted to say how bad is that headline? "Ryan van club"? :sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    am probably the only one who thinks that chez is more of a man than Ryan will ever be I hope he rips the cocky gets head of .
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just to think, back in 1983 when there was the Deirdre/Ken/Mike love triangle an affair was classed as an exciting storyline. When Deirdre had to pick between Ken & Mike, the result was posted on the scoreboard at Man U. Now affairs are ten-a-penny as that's the only storyline producers and storyliners can come up with for married couples.

Imagine at Old Trafford now;

Ches 1-0 Cokehead
  • Options
    David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad she's getting a storyline. She's too fit to be rarely shown. I do find it a bizzare coincidence that it's announced she's getting a storyline a few days after people here make threads saying she deserves one.