Options

Did you put Jedi as your religion on the Census?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Census figures released in 2012 of England and Wales showed 176,632 respondents indicated "Jediism" as their faith, making it the most common "alternative" faith and the seventh most common overall,although the majority of respondents are assumed to have claimed the faith as a joke.This was a decrease from 390,127 Jedi in the 2001 census.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No...
  • Options
    thewaywardbusthewaywardbus Posts: 2,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because i'm not a ****
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    No...Prince Philip Movement.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    A more relevant question would be: does the Jedi faith support gay marriage?

OK, now I've stirred that particular pot with my wooden spoon I'm off to the shops.
  • Options
    thedarklord _thedarklord _ Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was there really an option where you could tick 'jedism' as your faith? Because that's pretty stupid :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    A more relevant question would be: does the Jedi faith support gay marriage?

OK, now I've stirred that particular pot with my wooden spoon I'm off to the shops.

The men fight with long phalic objects............
  • Options
    blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No because i'm not a ****

**** = Sith right ?
  • Options
    pamuelapamuela Posts: 1,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No....................because I am well past the age of 14 :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The men fight with long phalic objects............

And often wear long robes that look a bit like ankle length overcoats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was there really an option where you could tick 'jedism' as your faith? Because that's pretty stupid :confused:

I think there was an option of 'other' with a space left beside it for immature people to put Jedi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    **** = Sith right ?

right letters, wrong order.......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think there was an option of 'other' with a space left beside it for immature people to put Jedi.

At least they thought about their answer before ticking a box, which is more than can be said of many.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least they thought about their answer before ticking a box, which is more than can be said of many.

I didn't need to think before I put atheist.

And they didn't think, someone else came up with the idea and they just followed that (much like many religions)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't but my friend did.

Why not it's just as stupid and pointless as any other religion .
  • Options
    PrimalIcePrimalIce Posts: 2,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you need to think about it you must have some memory problems or you are lying on the form, not the point of the census really.
  • Options
    Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    No, because I'm not a prat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jedi, isnt a faith.

Only those with high mediwhatsits can be one and when found they are taken at a young age, taught to fight and made to be celebate for the rest of their lives.

A life of violence and no sex .... humm let me think would I want to be one.
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    I have long suspected that the campaign to get the brain dead to write in Jedi was a cunning plan to inflate the total 'religious' numbers.

Those who write in jedi get counted as religious when they they should just be counted as 'stupid'. Unfortunately the statistical breakdown does not have a stupid category.

The effect was small on overall religious/non religious figures in 2011 but it was measurable. In the previous census it made a more significant difference.
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    To be honest, I can't see the problem with people having a bit of harmless fun. After all, Jedism is just as made up a religion as all the others. I mean, what's the difference in believing in 'The Force' and believing in a giant sky-wizard?
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to tick that option, but turned to the darkside in an instant, when women started to bend over naked in front of me. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, because they changed the question so that you had to say you were religious before stating which faith. Done to deter people from stating Jedi and demonstrating how ridiculous the questions are.

Of course, I only have time for my job at the brewery and my family; Lois, Meg, Chris, Stewie and Brian.
  • Options
    DolphinusDolphinus Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    "Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky"
  • Options
    Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    Caldari wrote: »
    To be honest, I can't see the problem with people having a bit of harmless fun. After all, Jedism is just as made up a religion as all the others. I mean, what's the difference in believing in 'The Force' and believing in a giant sky-wizard?

But if you think religion is nonsense why support giving census answers that; falsely; inflate the numbers declaring themselves as 'religious'?.
  • Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,900
    Forum Member
    This isn't the forum question I was looking for.
  • Options
    MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :DO have they finished counting the 2012 census then?, I only wondered as I filled it in with green ink in scribbled writing and cut off all the bar codes I have been waiting for the census police to come and arrest me - guess I am ok then:D