Options

Max Clifford guilty of 8 counts of indecent assault, sentenced to 8 years (merged)

Comments

• Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another one here who thought he guilty Karma in Action

wonder if his clients should be worried
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I remember him on This Morning when Operation Yew tree started. He was saying, rather smugly, there would be many very worried famous people out there.
    Really?

Well he'd have known about his own participation and that of others too.

What a scummy shitbag he is.
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    GODDESS wrote: »
    Me too, just because other high profile cases, Bill Roache, Michael le Vell, Andrew Lancell and the MP all returned not guilty verdicts and the CPS came in for criticisim for even bringing these cases, and also because the jury took so long to reach a verdict.

Well I think it gives the victims of these people a lot more hope than they otherwise may have had.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    I remember him on This Morning when Operation Yew tree started. He was saying, rather smugly, there would be many very worried famous people out there.

Exactly Anne, exactly, This result is interesting to say the least, and I suspect that this may not be the last we hear of him.

He's never struck me as the kind of guy who'll go down without a fight either and if he has anything he can use to try and use as leverage I have no doubt he will use any opportunity presented.
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bunions wrote: »
    Oh, I know exactly what was meant which is why I posted what I did.

Karma isn't something you can attach to whoever you like, under whatever circumstances you wish - if you believe in it.

If you don't believe in it and don't really understand how it works - why use the term?

I'm with you there.

True, I was just saying that it's clear what they mean, even if it isn't "correct".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A reminder that fondling young teens will land you in jail, despite how cool and glamorous HBO shows make it out to be.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Who knows what similar stuff he's been silencing for celebs over the years, for a fistfull of dollars.

Odious little creep.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember him on This Morning when Operation Yew tree started. He was saying, rather smugly, there would be many very worried famous people out there. Trying to fine a link but I have found this. It's along the same lines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfIpmERqnzw

And this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkYox2GWGbs

I remember that, smug is precisely what he was.
  • Options
    AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    dmuk wrote: »
    A reminder that fondling young teens will land you in jail, despite how cool and glamorous HBO shows make it out to be.

How many HBO shows make a bit of under-age fondling 'cool'?
  • Options
    Goblin QueenGoblin Queen Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why but I really thought he was innocent.

You just never know who could be doing this sort of awful stuff these days.
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    Really?

Well he'd have known about his own participation and that of others too.

What a scummy shitbag he is.
    Yes, in the same interview he was saying how you can't really blame pop stars for their lifestyle when most were off their heads and girls were throwing themselves at them.

I think he was hoping we'd feel sorry for them.

And distract everyone from enquiring why he was messing about with 15 year old girls.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AOTB wrote: »
    How many HBO shows make a bit of under-age fondling 'cool'?

Good question, I don't think I've ever seen a TV show that makes fondling under-age girls "cool".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Omarian wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel a slight sense of cartharsis?
    As a publicist, He is very good at manipulating the media to his advantage.
    I remember watching him on the news a few years ago, when there were reporters trying to interview one of his clients. He came across as very authoritarian telling them how exactly to take their camera shots and asking for multiple takes- and they all did everything he said! I was amazed and intimidated that anyone could have such power over the media.
    He always comes across as very sleezy and arrogant, in his interviews, although I can't pinpoint any exact phrases he uses.
    it kind of wafts off him y'know?
    well , some justice at least to his victims.

Bingo! Everything about him screams sleaze- the way he speaks, acts.
    I remember when he represented Wayne Bridge's ex (Vanessa Perroncel?) when the whole 'affair' with John Terry came out. She gave a statement to the press- which he read -while she stood there like she was dumb & mute & something happened where she ended up crying after something he said. Don't get me wrong, people speak on others' behalf plenty of times but something about her tears and the way he was...parading her seemed a bit off to me.
  • Options
    nomad2kingnomad2king Posts: 8,415
    Forum Member
    Who knows what similar stuff he's been silencing for celebs over the years, for a fistfull of dollars.

Odious little creep.
    He admitted in a TV interview, that he knew a lot of dirt about Labour politicians, but kept it secret as he was a Labour supporter,
  • Options
    Rich Tea.Rich Tea. Posts: 22,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Odious little creep.

This is interesting.

People all assume he's been about planting stories in the media regarding various people, but I actually heard him say from his own mouth that, quote "most of the work I do for people is about keeping stories OUT of the papers". It does make you wonder.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The irony is unbelievable. He is a PR guru and yet when he needed all that experience and skill, he wasn't able to get a not guilty verdict.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bosox wrote: »
    Good to see one of these creeps getting convicted, it's so difficult to nail these historic sex abusers to the required standard of proof as we've seen with the number dodging conviction recently.

How do you know those found not guilty were "dodging convictions"? You should be careful with what you say on a public forum or you could be the one in trouble.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hang on?! I just heard that Clifford wrote in his autobiography that he would go up to random women in the street, invite them back to his office where he would tell them to strip & he took pictures of them, while promising them a TV role. And he thought this was sh!ts & giggles and did it many times. WTF?!
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    True, I was just saying that it's clear what they mean, even if it isn't "correct".
    No.

That's why I said what I did about the victims.

Who knows.....maybe those who use the term inappropriately might learn something?
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also expected him to be found not guilty; I actually did believe him to be innocent of all charges. The business he is in would enable him to give that impression. Just consider how many celebrities he has represented, when they have been suffering from adverse publicity, and have been in sticky situations.
    I do hope we are not witnessing a miscarriage of justice. If he did commit these offences, I am not convinced that it was a case of straightforward sexual abuse, rather girls who looked older than their age, or were just on the brink. This does not excuse the behaviour, if it happened, but lessens the severity of the offences.
    I am disappointed in Max Clifford. From a career point of view, how can he continue to be a publicity agent for celebrities with a criminal record himself? Would anyone even want him to represent them? His career is most definitely over.
  • Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something else which repulsed me - part of the evidence against him was a letter he had kept in his bedside drawer.

The letter was from a girl he molested when she was 15.

She found the guts to write to him stating she hoped he remembered what he had did to her a a young age. That it had changed hewr life forever and she had years of therapy.

When asked about it in court he said it was the ramblings of a disturbed woman. Cliffords daughter then said she was just a nuteer or wtte.

If this letter was just the ramlings od a disturbed woman like Clifford said - why had he kept the letter right beside him in bed at night - for years.

That sickened me. He had kept that letter as a trophy, something he could read and re-read and remember his actions.

Vile!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am surprised he goets to go home before sentancing

Really shocked to hear this. Surely being allowed to go home before sentencing is not the norm? I'm sick of these celebrities and wealthy people being given special treatment. >:(
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    I was more amused to read that his tiny penis was part of his defence.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my word, wasn't expecting this. I bet a lot of celebrities are shitting themselves right now.
  • Options
    BosoxBosox Posts: 14,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you know those found not guilty were "dodging convictions"? You should be careful with what you say on a public forum or you could be the one in trouble.

I was careful, if I wasn't being careful I would have mentioned names. I'm well aware of what could get me in trouble and what can't.