DSFE 53 - The Legend of Sofia

AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
Forum Member
✭✭
Welcome all to the 53rd edition of the notoriously exciting and international incident causing DS Fantasy Eurovision contest. The reason we are here in Sofia, Bulgaria is due to Oonagh who won in Tirana with Orome!

The thread title is in reference for the appropriation of mythology in Orome, as well as the fact that Oonagh's real name is Senta-Sofia Delliponti, and since she is the only singer to win DSFE twice, she truly is a legend. Doesn't it feel like destiny that we are brought to the city that shares her name?

We will be returning to good old-fashioned random countries this time, as picks was a massive headache for me last time and the next host can bring them back if they are feeling bold enough. So if you want to play, just PM me.

Rules

•An entry cannot be recorded before the year 2000.
•The song must not exceed five minutes in length,
•Former Eurovision stars are allowed but it cannot be the same song that they performed in the actual contest or at a national pre-selection.
•The song cannot have appeared in the UK Top 40.
•The song must not have been used already in DSFE.
•The artist must be from your country or have ties through parents or grandparents. No other links will be accepted.

It's your job to check your song hasn't been used in DSFE before! To do so, type your artist's name into the search box in the wikia and if the song has been used before then it should flag up. Be careful because sometimes a different language version will have been used so that's why it's safer to search for the artist not the song name.

Sign ups will last until 7pm on Saturday 31st May, at which point I'll be sending out countries to everyone, one "good" and one "bad". Your good country will impact which bad country you get.

Have a good time in Sofia!

Comments