Options

How Clean is Your House 'new series'

FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
Forum Member
It says new series but it's just revisits, so I wonder if it's the same as the last 'new series' of Property Ladder where they just repeat old episodes and have the last 5 minutes as 'new' cos they do the revisiting!

Comments

• Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was a new new series. I hope its not the same as property ladder. I hope they go back find they have gone back to being untidy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fleet wrote: »
    I thought it was a new new series. I hope its not the same as property ladder. I hope they go back find they have gone back to being untidy.

Seems I was right. It IS just repeats of old episodes like the last series of Property ladder, with them going back for 5 minutes for the 'update' bit.

They shouldn't call them 'new' episodes!
  • Options
    fleetfleet Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its very misleading and disappointing as well.
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This shouldn't be allowed and they should get into trouble for False Advertising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fleet wrote: »
    Its very misleading and disappointing as well.

When I first saw it in the TV mag as a new series I was pleased, but then in the blurb I saw the dreaded word 'revisit' - which is why I wondered if it was just the same as Property Ladder last series and it was.

They TRIED to make it not as obvious, I noticed with some amusement, by showing them in the middle 'now' rather than just putting them on the end, then going back again.

Still just a repeat though.
  • Options
    tv.marktv.mark Posts: 1,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariarita wrote: »
    This shouldn't be allowed and they should get into trouble for False Advertising.

Is it worse than false capitalisation?

It was clearly listed as a new series of revisits. Which is exactly what it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Dont know how C4 have the brass neck to pass off what is essentialy a repeat with 5 'whole' new minutes as a new programme.

Granted the squashed bee gee they dealt with was funny , thought it was Worral Thompson & he'd fell on hard times

Its the way the plant pot had two dogs in a studio flat..........err hello!!!!not enough room for you let alone two fair sized dogs. Total muppetry

:)
  • Options
    pierre_gustavepierre_gustave Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That woman on it last night seemed more than a little barmy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    That woman on it last night seemed more than a little barmy.

certifiable more like :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tv.mark wrote: »
    Is it worse than false capitalisation?

Depends how you look at it. The revisits bit was about 5 minutes in the episode, the rest of it was just an old episode repeated.

It is a con, no doubt about that. Like the Property Ladder one.

Mind you in the 'Hotel Inspector Revisited' con is REALLY a con cos the HI herself doesn't even appear at all in the 'revisit' bit at the end! It's all explained by the man doing the voiceover!
  • Options
    Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tv.mark wrote: »

But the intent to mislead the viewing public couldn't be more obvious, so it's still incredibly sneaky and wrong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Not only was last night's episode nearly all taken from the original programme, the revisit was made last year. I think channel 4 are clearing out their cupboards as the Don't Blame the Builder programme is also ancient, though billed as a new series. A lot of the Ten Years Younger are also revisits from ages ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    edithbella wrote: »
    Not only was last night's episode nearly all taken from the original programme, the revisit was made last year. I think channel 4 are clearing out their cupboards as the Don't Blame the Builder programme is also ancient, though billed as a new series. A lot of the Ten Years Younger are also revisits from ages ago.
    At least they didn't lie about that! They just said they went back after a year, I suppose it didn't need to be THIS year! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does that make it 20 years younger?