hoppyuppyhoppyuppy Posts: 10,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did she cook, chicken divan?

That has me stumped! Meaning?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Shocked stephen underpaid gary so much just due or heat and small room????

Yes, harsh. There seemed to be two Stephens - the sweet bumbling one, and the ....hmmm..... other one.
  • Options
    TheGrumpWizardTheGrumpWizard Posts: 1,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did she cook, chicken divan?
    Was it on a bed of rice?
  • Options
    stefthepeststefthepest Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    That has me stumped! Meaning?

A previous contestant a right knob made chicken divan consisting of chicken in tinned mushroom soup covered in grated cheese and crisps:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was it on a bed of rice?

:D:D:D
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SolarSail wrote: »
    He had a point about the Roulottes too, being charged exactly the same as couples, I would have thought they should have said at least £20 less for him.
    The only quantifiable saving when I've a single guest in a double room is not having to buy the extra croissants and pains au chocolat. The cleaning, laundry, heating and leccy costs are all the same and while one guest might use a little less water than two, equally s/he might take a deeeeeep bath 3x per day. So when I have a single occupant in a double room I just reduce the price by 5 euros.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A previous contestant a right knob made chicken divan consisting of chicken in tinned mushroom soup covered in grated cheese and crisps:eek:

Tee hee, not that.

According to Dave Lamb, "Sue served a mess".:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bellamy wrote: »
    Yes, harsh. There seemed to be two Stephens - the sweet bumbling one, and the ....hmmm..... other one.

Not sure I know he hated Blackpool so maybe that was the reason? I thought he got on ok with gary and Sophie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hoppyuppy wrote: »
    Tee hee, not that.

According to Dave Lamb, "Sue served a mess".:)

Oh dear sorry about that it couldn't have been as bad as the divan dish which was a bottom draw dish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh dear sorry about that it couldn't have been as bad as the divan dish which was a bottom draw dish.

To be honest, the dinner is usually fine but it gets a bit screwed up when 6 members of a TV crew are hovering around. I am sure they would have been poking Tony to say all the nasty crap that he said.
  • Options
    anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    These B&B owners can't distinguish the difference between honesty and diplomacy. Some of them need to learn how to be both.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Not sure I know he hated Blackpool so maybe that was the reason? I thought he got on ok with gary and Sophie.

I'm sure his Blackpool loathing came into it, and he also said he thought the room was small. I was just surprised at the huge underpayment - altho' not the one from T&J :)
  • Options
    SolarSailSolarSail Posts: 7,705
    Forum Member
    Normandie wrote: »
    The only verifiable saving when I've a single guest in a double room is not having to buy the extra croissants and pains au chocolat. The cleaning, laundry, heating charges are all the same and while one guest might use a little less water, equally s/he might take a deeeeeep bath 3x per day. So when I have a single occupant in a double room I just reduce the price by 5 euros.

Oh yes, point absolutely taken, but in this particular instance I mean, where I don't think the prices quoted were in line with their usual rates.
    I just looked at 2 nights next July for 2 people and it's £105 per night, so £210 for the stay and if it were a Friday/Saturday night stay in August £225.

I think they told all their guests it was £150 per night?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On looking at the plus one show I'm disappointed nobody said anything to tony and Jeanette on the one score for Stephen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Tony thought it was best to go behind Stevens back and clean the room, then report it on the feedback form, rather than spoil his day,,,,,,it is not about Stevens day, it is about the room, if you was there normally you would tell the management how dirty it was, and not clean it yourself.

Probably one of the worst excuses for game playing I have ever heard on this program :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I hope they lose custom because of this
  • Options
    JoJo4JoJo4 Posts: 38,663
    Forum Member
    habby wrote: »
    That Jeanette and Tony have been through all their reviews on Trip Advisor on 13th November and answered everyone. :rolleyes:

I saw that last night - if I could be bothered I'd go and stay there just to write a bad review!
    Shocked stephen underpaid gary so much just due or heat and small room????

That surprised me too, although he underpaid by £30 (??) for the roulottes, think he was a bit lonely there.
    I hope on watching this programme Jeanette and tony are thoroughly ashamed of their behaviour. I won't be holding my breath though.

Their arrogance is mind boggling - no self awareness at all, otherwise they'd realise that they've won nothing in terms of reputation and made themselves look mean and ridiculous in the process.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,640
    Forum Member
    Here's some dedication for you
    http://s15.postimg.org/de7hgintn/MATTRESS.png
    Now we can all have a good nose and make our own minds up.

It's just possible that it's an unfortunately patterned mattress which does indeed have some areas of mildew on one of the paler pink sections.

On tonight's show they don't seem to agree to disagree as Tony is adamant, but they don't come to an agreement either from the clip I saw.

As I don't really know, I'm more concerned at how easily the mattress folds up.
    The replacement was vastly superior.

Back to work issues, before I have to reprimand myself :o
    There did seem to be a strange dark area on the light pink pattern, but could have been that truly strange design or a nasty stain. :eek:
    These B&B owners can't distinguish the difference between honesty and diplomacy. Some of them need to learn how to be both.

I agree, leaving the cleaning items behind was just plain nasty - a real kick in the teeth. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Steven shouldn't be judging the hotel on location,,,this is about the B&B's, its not called Location Location Location
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope they choke on their gold plaque :D
  • Options
    Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "What you see is what you get", "At the end of the day", "End of" - so many cliches from the terrible twosome.
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    I suppose the question is what should they say? 'Hard luck' maybe?

I suppose 'Who are ya' would not go down to well :D
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,549
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    Steven shouldn't be judging the hotel on location,,,this is about the B&B's, its not called Location Location Location

Yep I agree and as for their comments about the heat. Nowhere was cool this year so should not have been judge.
  • Options
    mouthalmightymouthalmighty Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone answered the $64000 question? Where did Sophie sleep all week?
  • Options
    tuppencehapennytuppencehapenny Posts: 4,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neither of them had particularly clean looking or well cared for nails.

Yes, he did underpay a lot and by comparison with the small single room he provided as well, albeit in a much nicer (to me) location. I was surprised, but I don't think there was any game playing or malice on his part, it was simply a genuinely held view and Blackpool is not for him, nor is that kind of hotel.

He had a point about the Roulottes too, being charged exactly the same as couples, I would have thought they should have said at least £20 less for him.
    I wouldn't think they usually rent for one night and not for a single traveller either.

I think the single/double issue is slightly awkward, by which I mean that a single traveller pays the same as two, which distorts things. Gary paid only £40 at Stephen's because he was in a small single room, but Stephen had to pay the same as the others for his room. £80 for one does seem a lot, but OK for two. He had to pay the same as the others for his Roulotte too. I think he felt a bit out on a limb there, by himself.
  • Options
    oldredroseoldredrose Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    rhumble wrote: »
    I hope they choke on their gold plaque :D

I'm so with you, horrid couple...:mad::mad::mad:
This discussion has been closed.