EE: Was That It?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
Forum Member
✭✭
Blimey, what an anti-climax.

Just caught up on EE after a night on the ale, wish I'd stayed in the kebab shop to be honest.

All that build-up only for Janine & Esther Ranzen to stab the bugger.

Where was the twist?

Second time tonight I've felt short-changed.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Totally agree.

The dire quality of what should have been a halfway decent week is another indication of just how badly EE needs a revamp and relaunch.

The production under LN has been terrible. Too many inadequate scripting and writing teams around.

To be fair to BBC1, they are realising the need for change. I am really optimistic about the 'dream ticket' of Dom Treadwell-Collins and Alison Davis taking the helm and now making such radical changes, which we should see begin to take shape on-screen when their first eps in charge air towards the end of November.

A new family and lots of axeings are promised.

Importantly, EE will apparently be drawing back some great, classic, older experienced writers from the nineties like Jane Hollowood, Rob Gittins and hopefully Susan Wilkins, Gillian Richmond, etc...It is a trueism in soaps that everything tends to fall into place once you get the basic essential element of QUALITY WRITING and ideas in place. Alison did this beautifully on Family Affairs in 2003, it was doing so well when C5 wrongly axed it to pay for the cr*ppy Aussie imports favoured by their parent company Freemantle.

Anyway, I am an Emmerdale superfan and even Alison and Dom will struggle to top the brilliance of ED at the moment.

But I certainly think they are a great choice and the best choice if the Beeb are to stand a chance of competing again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esther Rantzen :D
  • Tom-Bennett.Tom-Bennett. Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a decent episode but the build up was very poor, didn't make me feel gripped to it what so ever
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey, what an anti-climax.

Just caught up on EE after a night on the ale, wish I'd stayed in the kebab shop to be honest.

All that build-up only for Janine & Esther Ranzen to stab the bugger.

Where was the twist?

Second time tonight I've felt short-changed.

All the acting apart from SJS was terrible and I wasn't impressed either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have to admit, a few Zzz's & a bacon sarnie hasn't altered my opinion, what a rubbish ending.

All that manipulation, only for them to poke him with a bread knife.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    totally agree, i hate how it ended on him being murdered and thats it. i know its a soap, but then we have all weekend just with that final picture of our favourite character dead. i think there was too much rubbish at the beginning and they shouldve made it a longer ep especially for michael x
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Esther Ranzen

Roflmao :D
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I avoided spoilers at all cost, and it was a good episode for me, It kept me glued!
  • RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bread knife? :/ It looks like a sharp knife to me.

Yes the build up was very poor, and LN is a very poor exec, but at least we had something dark!!
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    In comparison to the rest of the episodes over the last year it was very good. In comparison to every other exit under LN it was excellent.
  • Mr PatrickMr Patrick Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benbenalen wrote: »
    I avoided spoilers at all cost, and it was a good episode for me, It kept me glued!

totally agree
  • dantay24ukdantay24uk Posts: 2,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hooked personally. The directing was top notch, probably the best I've seen on Eastenders and while I kind of knew what was coming, it was still enjoyable.
  • factor50factor50 Posts: 513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it a massive chore to watch EE nowadays. I wont stop watching yet though, they've been through bad patches before.
    I've got zero interest in Alice and Michael Moon so I was probably never going to enjoy story lines about them, at least its over now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    isnt it on soon on bbc 2 ..if you wannacatch it again haha
  • The_abbottThe_abbott Posts: 26,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anti-climatic. It should have been thrilling but it wasn't and it recycled the Den death in 2005. Its like Newman can't be bothered. I've heard of the phrase "more of the same" but EE are taking the micky now with recycled storylines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Where was the twist?
    the only twisty bit i can think of was the tea towel was picked up and it used and had alice's prints on the knife.other than that there wasn't any..i enjoyed the episode anyway..:D
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can't make it too violent or gruesome at 8pm.
  • Mel94Mel94 Posts: 6,569
    Forum Member
    vald wrote: »
    In comparison to the rest of the episodes over the last year it was very good. In comparison to every other exit under LN it was excellent.

Have to disagree. Jack Branning's exit had me filled with suspense and excitement during every scene.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I thought the episode was great right up until the last few minutes. After that, it's like they just gave up.

Not to mention the fact that, now, we've got Max framed for attempted murder and Alice framed for murder...all in one tiny square and all at the same time. It reminds me of earlier in the year when we had about 3 different love triangles going on all at the same time. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mel94 wrote: »
    Have to disagree. Jack Branning's exit had me filled with suspense and excitement during every scene.

It was the hyper-reality created by the JackCam that did me in. Floods of tears all round.

Still, I am easily pleased. I've just been studying Google Maps, planning a route, and someone appears to have implanted the words 'Pity Me' a few miles north of Durham. When you zoom in, no such place appears to exist. Presumably someone living above Aykley Heads is having an existential crisis!