Options

What's for Dinner tonight? (Part 6)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i got chippy chips last night, so will have the the second half reheated up tonight..They are nice reheated up ( and have beans with them :p of course :D )
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^ fish and chips :p
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Fish & Chips...kinda

Haddock fillet poached in white wine and stock with sauteed new potatoes
  • Options
    farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken Satay, egg fried rice & banana fritters. :-D
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 374,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heinz tomato soup and scrambled egg.
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spag bol
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OH more able to taste food after the chemo and feeling a bit less sick so Chinese or Thai and a few drinks after football! Almost like normal. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lasagne :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chicken dinner
  • Options
    Terrence ChantTerrence Chant Posts: 1,334,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meat feast pizza 🍕
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Homemade soup.

Fancied my favourite chicken soup, but am out of chicken and don't want to go shopping again yet, so found a huge turkey breast in the freezer and used that.

Cooked it in water, added new potatoes, onion, peas, carrots, a little bit of sweetcorn, parsley, chicken Oxo and Bisto granules, black pepper and some broken up spaghetti. I thought it looked a little thin, so added some dried potato (like Smash) flakes and it worked a treat.

Had a taste, it's lovely. And from thinking about it till it was ready to eat, was only around 35 minutes, thanks to my fabulous induction hob.

Now all I have to do is keep my hands off of it until this evening!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kimindex wrote: »
    OH more able to taste food after the chemo and feeling a bit less sick so Chinese or Thai and a few drinks after football! Almost like normal. :)

So sorry to hear you've both been going through that horror, Kim, I hope he is well on the way to recovery.

I remember when my husband was going through the same, food wasn't a pleasure to him at all and he wanted only food with a strong taste or else it was like eating nothing.

Hope you enjoyed your meal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So sorry to hear you've both been going through that horror, Kim, I hope he is well on the way to recovery.

I remember when my husband was going through the same, food wasn't a pleasure to him at all and he wanted only food with a strong taste or else it was like eating nothing.

Hope you enjoyed your meal!
    Thank you! :) We did (one too many drinks, perhaps!).

We already have a good prognosis of 'durable remission' (got that at halfway scans which was unbelieveable) so can see some light which is a minor miracle with lung cancer in itself. One more chemo session and then radiotherapy in the New Year which we've been told is just to ensure everything is gone because they won't even be able to see the tumour by then.

I hope your husband is fully recovered now. It's certainly life-changing, isn't it?
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roast monkfish and chilli couscous.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thank you! :) We did (one too many drinks, perhaps!).

We already have a good prognosis of 'durable remission' (got that at halfway scans which was unbelieveable) so can see some light which is a minor miracle with lung cancer in itself. One more chemo session and then radiotherapy in the New Year which we've been told is just to ensure everything is gone because they won't even be able to see the tumour by then.

I hope your husband is fully recovered now. It's certainly life-changing, isn't it?

Glad to know it's all going good, Kim! May it continue. :)

Sadly it wasn't lucky for my own OH, we knew that from the start. But many thanks for your good wishes. Life changing, definitely.

(Apologies OT to everyone else!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad to know it's all going good, Kim! May it continue. :)

Sadly it wasn't lucky for my own OH, we knew that from the start. But many thanks for your good wishes. Life changing, definitely.

(Apologies OT to everyone else!)
    Oh, so sorry to hear that, Radiomaniac. Evil damn disease.
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it will be much tonight as my husband is late home. I think it will be southern fried chicken with chunky chips and beans.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh, so sorry to hear that, Radiomaniac. Evil damn disease.

Worst thing on earth. Thanks, Kim.

It's lovely to know that it doesn't get everyone though. :)

Well, I couldn't resist, went to have a taste of my soup (just to make sure!) and ended up having a mugful (at least),
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Worst thing on earth. Thanks, Kim.

It's lovely to know that it doesn't get everyone though. :)

Well, I couldn't resist, went to have a taste of my soup (just to make sure!) and ended up having a mugful (at least),
    Yes, we're not complacent but we're certainly in the lucky camp for now and really appreciate that, although, oddly, it's sometimes hard to get your head around and we have to keep reminding ourselves of that.

The soup sounds lovely! My recent soups have turned out pretty bland - just wet and warm, as my mum used to say.
    Think I'll try this one next (tomato,rocket and feta):
    https://cooked.com.au/Gillian-Reith/Hardie-Grant-Books/Three-Sisters-Bake/Soups/Tomato-rocket-and-feta-soup-recipe
    or carrot and watercress
    http://www.thefooddoctor.com/Carrot-and-watercress-soup-Ahealth_recipes_cwcess/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, we're not complacent but we're certainly in the lucky camp for now and really appreciate that, although, oddly, it's sometimes hard to get your head around and we have to keep reminding ourselves of that.

The soup sounds lovely! My recent soups have turned out pretty bland - just wet and warm, as my mum used to say.
    Think I'll try this one next (tomato,rocket and feta):
    https://cooked.com.au/Gillian-Reith/Hardie-Grant-Books/Three-Sisters-Bake/Soups/Tomato-rocket-and-feta-soup-recipe
    or carrot and watercress
    http://www.thefooddoctor.com/Carrot-and-watercress-soup-Ahealth_recipes_cwcess/

Thank you. I keep going to have a few spoons of it, at this rate there won't be any left for later!

I like the sound of the carrot and watercress soup, will keep that in mind.

(Keep on being lucky).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Chicken curry with peshwari naan
  • Options
    Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex - I'm glad your OH is more able to taste food now, and I hope the luck continues for you both. Good luck with the radiotherapy in the new year. :)

Tonight one of my best friends is coming over, and dinner is going to be stuffed red pepper with roast potatoes, mushrooms, courgette and baby corn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. I keep going to have a few spoons of it, at this rate there won't be any left for later!

I like the sound of the carrot and watercress soup, will keep that in mind.

(Keep on being lucky).
    Yes, we will try!
    Smithy1204 wrote: »
    kimindex - I'm glad your OH is more able to taste food now, and I hope the luck continues for you both. Good luck with the radiotherapy in the new year. :)

Tonight one of my best friends is coming over, and dinner is going to be stuffed red pepper with roast potatoes, mushrooms, courgette and baby corn.
    Thanks, Smithy! That meal sounds lovely. :)
  • Options
    MJsDirtyDianaMJsDirtyDiana Posts: 374,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 veggie sausages with butternut squash, red pepper and sliced onion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Made the mistake of trying flower sprouts today (never heard of them before). They were awful!

http://www.flower-sprout.com/
This discussion has been closed.