Call of Duty Ghosts 1080p on Ps4 only 720 on Xbox

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    No offense but we have a long running thread on this already.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not bothered if it's 720p it won't stop me from playing it on the Xbox One. The reason for me going for the Xbox One was for Forza 5 which from what I have seen looks amazing.
  • TechnoGeekTechnoGeek Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ill be getting Xbox One only because the Fifa 14 ultimate legends is exclusive to Xbox One, I agree Call of duty will still look good on Xbox, but it does raise questions why they cant run this or other games @ 1080p, but will have both consoles eventually.
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TechnoGeek wrote: »
    Ill be getting Xbox One only because the Fifa 14 ultimate legends is exclusive to Xbox One, I agree Call of duty will still look good on Xbox, but it does raise questions why they cant run this or other games @ 1080p, but will have both consoles eventually.

Other Xbox One games do run at 1080p.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Forza runs really nice at 1080p, and from what I've seen at FIFA at 1080p (albeit on PS4) it will look incredible too.

The problem is that there will be many games not running at 1080p anytime soon for XB1, and if people dont make an issue of it, games will continue to do so.

It makes me wonder why Microsoft installed a hardware scaler into the Xbox One if the intent to have all games at 1080p was their intent.
  • cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is what I fail to understand about all this, if you put on COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 on each console side by side they look almost identical........So really this is all based on 1080p being the higher number reguardless of whether the games look the same graphics wise. If it was a huge difference then ok........but it's really not. Just buy whatever console has the games you like and be happy.
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    cooltv wrote: »
    This is what I fail to understand about all this, if you put on COD Ghosts and Battlefield 4 on each console side by side they look almost identical........So really this is all based on 1080p being the higher number reguardless of whether the games look the same graphics wise. If it was a huge difference then ok........but it's really not. Just buy whatever console has the games you like and be happy.

If you put them both next to each other you will notice the difference. Play a game on the 360 at 720p now then play it on a PC at 1080p and the difference is huge.

I struggle going from PC back to console sometimes. A 125% pixel difference is a massive difference, and I would be very surprised if you can't see a difference.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TechnoGeek wrote: »

Possibly the worst reason I have heard so far as to why get an Xbox one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What do you mean? A few extra players is well worth £80!
    Forum Member
    If you put them both next to each other you will notice the difference. Play a game on the 360 at 720p now then play it on a PC at 1080p and the difference is huge.

I struggle going from PC back to console sometimes. A 125% pixel difference is a massive difference, and I would be very surprised if you can't see a difference.

It is but it truly does depend on the size of your panel and how close you sit to your TV. I cannot stand any form of upscaling so I sit far away, too far to appreciate the benefits that 1080p brings which was intentional as hardly any games hit 1080p this gen. I'm not trying to down play the improvement 1080p brings but it won'be important to everyone.

So far it's only COD, Battlefield 4 still upscales on PS4 too and both games will still use the same assets. Hopefully it has some decent AA too.
    Forum Member
    It is but it truly does depend on the size of your panel and how close you sit to your TV. I cannot stand any form of upscaling so I sit far away, too far to appreciate the benefits that 1080p brings which was intentional as hardly any games hit 1080p this gen. I'm not trying to down play the improvement 1080p brings but it won'be important to everyone.

So far it's only COD, Battlefield 4 still upscales on PS4 too and both games will still use the same assets. Hopefully it has some decent AA too.

I totally agree with everything you said, but even at a distance I'm sure you would see the benefit of 1080p, but hey, everyone is different.
    Forum Member
    I totally agree with everything you said, but even at a distance I'm sure you would see the benefit of 1080p, but hey, everyone is different.

I'm very sensitive to it and the extra benefits a native resolution can bring but it is directly related to pixel density which is determined by size of screen vs viewing distance. You cannot physically see the extra pixels at a certain point.

That sounds desperate :p

No.. I'm not going there. Just saying ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Agreed
    chopoff wrote: »
    What do you mean? A few extra players is well worth £80!

I know this comment is sarcasm (so you may not know the answer) but isn't it still just ultimate team

You would still need to pull a legends player from a pack, so its much more than £80
    Forum Member
    I'm very sensitive to it and the extra benefits a native resolution can bring but it is directly related to pixel density which is determined by size of screen vs viewing distance. You cannot physically see the extra pixels at a certain point.

That sounds desperate :p

No.. I'm not going there. Just saying ;)

I'd rather play a 1080p game on a 60" TV then a 720p one;)

But yeah, see what you're saying - I'm not clued up much with TV's.
    Forum Member
    Just to add, the X1 version has been delayed by an extra ten days, maybe they are doubling down on a patch or something, maybe even flown one of those technical fellows out to IW HQ. lol
    Forum Member
    I'd rather play a 1080p game on a 60" TV then a 720p one;)

But yeah, see what you're saying - I'm not clued up much with TV's.

On a 60" panel I would suggest 1080p is mandatory unless you sit about 20+ feet away. ;)
  • HetalHetal Posts: 5,415
    Forum Member
    On a 60" panel I would suggest 1080p is mandatory unless you sit about 20+ feet away. ;)

It's mandatory on a 24 inch monitor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add, the X1 version has been delayed by an extra ten days, maybe they are doubling down on a patch or something, maybe even flown one of those technical fellows out to IW HQ. lol

Really :eek:

Do you have a link? does this mean it will miss launch? that will hurt them more than anything
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Do you have a link? does this mean it will miss launch? that will hurt them more than anything

If it's delayed by ten days then it'll be out on the 15th, so that'll still be a week before launch. Why they don't just delay it until launch day I do not know, seems silly to launch it without a console to play it on...

You got a link for that news 2D? can't see it being mentioned on IGN or Eurogamer yet.
    Forum Member
    Hetal wrote: »
    It's mandatory on a 24 inch monitor.

Certainly on a monitor since you sit close to it.
    Forum Member
    thomas2400 wrote: »

Was due to come out on the 5th (as in stock arriving at the shops, but been pushed back to the 15th). Only the X1 version has been delayed but it will still make launch for the 22nd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was due to come out on the 5th (as in stock arriving at the shops, but been pushed back to the 15th). Only the X1 version has been delayed but it will still make launch for the 22nd.

Oh i just assumed both gen next versions would launch with the console

No need to push the game back though surely they could just have a patch ready for any issues
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Am I understanding this correctly, the Xbox 1 version of COD Ghost was due to be release weeks before the actual console :confused:

Seems crazy.
    Forum Member
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Am I understanding this correctly, the Xbox 1 version of COD Ghost was due to be release weeks before the actual console :confused:

Seems crazy.

The PS4 as well. I think they did that because Activision want the best selling product again. Release on all consoles at the same time, and then all sales figures contribute I guess.