Options

Android TV Box

2»

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, thanks. Might consider it then. I use my box with my own media collection on my NAS drive as well, so might be nice to see that netflix-style :)
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The strange thing is that Kodiflix was missing links that I normally use, I then installed Blackbox and the links were there. Also the Velocity addon is superb as well :)
  • Options
    jkwellyjkwelly Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deacon1972 wrote: »
    I've got Kodiflix installed on one device but still waiting for the code to come through, the two codes I've seen mentioned don't work......

It looks good on the reviews, more user friendly than say The Beast.

A good add on is Ares Wizard, installs add ons without the need to faff with url's/install from zip etc.

You could delete the profile.xml or use this 20160606

It seems a waste though not as good as people make out.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jkwelly wrote: »
    You could delete the profile.xml or use this 20160606

It seems a waste though not as good as people make out.

The idea in principle is great, however it lags badly on the Firestick as it just isn't powerful enough to cope, so have done a freshstart and installed Black Box which runs really smoothly on my Fire Stick.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    It runs great on the shield, but it does lack the feature to add you own sections, you have to use a sub menu.
  • Options
    henm2henm2 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    The idea in principle is great, however it lags badly on the Firestick as it just isn't powerful enough to cope, so have done a freshstart and installed Black Box which runs really smoothly on my Fire Stick.

I would not use any 'builds' on a fire stick due to limited memory and storage. Best to keep to the confluence skin and manually put on a limited quality selection of add ons such as Phoenix, Velocity, Uk Turks Playlist. In addition put on the Raw Maintenance tool to keep on top of cache etc. That way you will have a good selection of material to access and the stick has a better chance to run smoothly
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I put kodi on my fire stick 2 days ago total newbie here. However I'm worried about not having a vpn and don't really wanna pay either if I could get a free vpn. I cancelled netflix to save money. But not prepared to leave my identity online for hackers using kodi. Anyone else not using a vpn or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't, I use a DNS for Netflix, but my Kodi runs from the Shield, so I can't change DNS etc, and no problems. You'll be fine as long as you use reliable sources such as Phoenix, Uk Turks etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I have used phoenix and that's it really, don't know why the cpu is constantly maxing out on the firetv stick. Tried clearing the cache and a few other things.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Are you using the basic skin with kodi or some other super skin/build?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done a fresh strart with Kodi. Currently only added one add on which is Phoenix, cpu was at about 20 percent and turned RSS feed off. I think Kodi is a lot about trial and error of course your not always gonna get perfect streams escpecially HD. Plus i should also not the Firetv stick only has a ceratin amount of Ram so thats why i was looking at the Nvidia Shield but £120 is a bit pricey. My Internet connection is Virgin and 120 meg.
  • Options
    owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have recently installed KODI on my laptop along with Phoenix add on, then goping into Woody.

Sports seem to work fine but just about everything else I get the message at bottom right, "unplayable stream". I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference. I am using the most up to date version of Phoenix 2.8.

Any advice appreciated
  • Options
    Forum Member
    dazb wrote: »
    Just done a fresh strart with Kodi. Currently only added one add on which is Phoenix, cpu was at about 20 percent and turned RSS feed off. I think Kodi is a lot about trial and error of course your not always gonna get perfect streams escpecially HD. Plus i should also not the Firetv stick only has a ceratin amount of Ram so thats why i was looking at the Nvidia Shield but £120 is a bit pricey. My Internet connection is Virgin and 120 meg.

The thing with the shield is it's a lot more than just a TV Box. I have the 500mb version. I can stream games from my PC to it, and for £7.99 a month I can stream games straight from Nvida, they're mostly 3-5 year old games but in 1080p 60FPS they look great, you do need a fast internet connection for this service, I have 38mbs, they suggest 50mbs, but it works well. Plus you have 4k content and Android games. I even sold my PS4 as I wasn't using it that much.

Maybe look at the new FIre TV box, instead of a stick for better performance.

As for streams, yep that happens, it's one of the problems relying just on Kodi for all your entertainment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive just been given an Apple TV 3rd Gen as my friend now has the latest model. Obviously this would have to be jailbroken and wouldnt have a clue how to do that but i do now you can put Kodi on it also comes with ethernet port which can connect to my Router. Whilst the firetv stick is good it lacks the ram of a firetv box or apple box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^Can't be jailbroken
  • Options
    uniqueunique Posts: 12,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    Ive just been given an Apple TV 3rd Gen as my friend now has the latest model. Obviously this would have to be jailbroken and wouldnt have a clue how to do that but i do now you can put Kodi on it also comes with ethernet port which can connect to my Router. Whilst the firetv stick is good it lacks the ram of a firetv box or apple box.

you don't need to jailbreak it to put kodi on, you can do it via xcode. google for instructions
  • Options
    henm2henm2 Posts: 160
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »
    Have recently installed KODI on my laptop along with Phoenix add on, then goping into Woody.

Sports seem to work fine but just about everything else I get the message at bottom right, "unplayable stream". I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no difference. I am using the most up to date version of Phoenix 2.8.

Any advice appreciated

Make sure your router settings are correct eg turn off smart set on BT hub. Similar thing for Virgin and TalkTalk routers. Otherwise a lot of streams will not appear.

Next although Phoenix is very good there are a few other good add ons. Try Velocity, also UK Turk Playlists.