World of Warcraft

Comments

• Tom MillerTom Miller Posts: 1,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can head to Outland at 58 - run through the big portal in The Blasted Lands. You need the Burning Crusade expansion but this is where you'll level from 58-70ish.
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Miller wrote: »
    You can head to Outland at 58 - run through the big portal in The Blasted Lands. You need the Burning Crusade expansion but this is where you'll level from 58-70ish.

Ah ha, so that's how they get you.

Unfortunately I'd need to upgrade my OS to get Burning Crusade so I'll assume I've taken this as far as it's going for the forseeable future. :(

I suppose I could start again with an elf......or I could speak to my family. Tough choice.

I tried the temple in the Swamp of Sorrows. Didn't last ten seconds, I guess they are meant for groups.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If BC isn't an option then you can level through to 60 in Silithus (sp?).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If BC isn't an option then you can level through to 60 in Silithus (sp?).

I'm on the wrong island to go there.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JonDoe wrote: »
    I'm on the wrong island to go there.

It may have changed since I last levelled a character, but going through the portal at 58 was a bit of a slog for certain classes, at least until you replace your gear with shiny outland quest rewards :P

at 58-60 i used to split my levelling between winterspring and one of the plaguelands...can't remember which one though

or get a level 80+ to solo you through a couple of instances, BRD or something like that
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    58-60 i used to split my levelling between winterspring and one of the plaguelands...can't remember which one though

or get a level 80+ to solo you through a couple of instances, BRD or something like that

Are there quests to be found there?

I've been all over the island and I can't find a one.

I knew I shouldn't have been so thorough. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are there quests to be found there?

I've been all over the island and I can't find a one.

I knew I shouldn't have been so thorough. :D
    You can get to the other continent by taking a boat/zeppelin or asking a mage to port you. You don't have to stick to one, you can explore both. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can get to the other continent by taking a boat/zeppelin or asking a mage to port you. You don't have to stick to one, you can explore both. :)

I've just added the 10 day trial of Burning Crusade to see if it works.........it would appear it does.

I'm ruined. :(:D

I have another question for you guys. It is this:

If I upgrade to Burning Crusade, and I'm not saying I inevitably will do that but if I do, how does the subscription fee work? Do I then only have to buy extra time and I keep all the Burning Crusadeness or do I have to subscribe to both as and when they run out?
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0AnlfBu4

this looks amazing for playing wow the entire thing is just seven inches!!!

*Cata is okay im not even a hardcore player but most of my toon are 85 now.
    I thing blizz messedup not taking the cap to lvl 90.the current situation is there isnt enough spawns on the new ores/herbs and people are trying to get all they can meaning some utterly insane prices.

apparently theres a big Nerf hitting tomorrow and a lot of people are very unhappy about the changes.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just added the 10 day trial of Burning Crusade to see if it works.........it would appear it does.

I'm ruined. :(:D

I have another question for you guys. It is this:

If I upgrade to Burning Crusade, and I'm not saying I inevitably will do that but if I do, how does the subscription fee work? Do I then only have to buy extra time and I keep all the Burning Crusadeness or do I have to subscribe to both as and when they run out?

nope its only one Sub.
    I buy a Gamecard from Game (19.99) its a 60 day card and it covers the entire game.

you have wow
    then Burning Crusade
    then Wrath of the lich king
    then the Brand new addon Cataclysm.

Theres some amazing deals out there you can buy all the older bundles for a good price.be weary you cant just buy the latest addon you normally have to have the previous versions in order for the newer expansion packs to work.

when you install the next expansion pack you get the option 'upgrade account' follow that link and the system will update to the newest addon pack you have.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    apparently theres a big Nerf hitting tomorrow and a lot of people are very unhappy about the changes.

Patch notes are always released before the patch so there's no need for any 'apparently's :)

http://wow.joystiq.com/2011/01/06/official-ptr-patch-4-0-6-patch-notes/

people's unhappiness about their class losing functionality is,frankly, irrelevant. Oh noes, they've made my game/the game harder, now I can't pwn everything in 5 seconds, it takes 7 seconds.

That or "WTF Blizz, way to make the game too easy. Moar content plzzzzz"
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I got through the portal and it was all going really well until now.

I tried a suicide run to get a keystone off the big nasty at the top of the hill but now I'm dead and every time I resurrect of course I'm surrounded by the same villains what done me in.

Is it a common strategy to spend an hour moving out of harm's way one inch at a time? .....I hope yes. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I got through the portal and it was all going really well until now.

I tried a suicide run to get a keystone off the big nasty at the top of the hill but now I'm dead and every time I resurrect of course I'm surrounded by the same villains what done me in.

Is it a common strategy to spend an hour moving out of harm's way one inch at a time? .....I hope yes. :o

the alternative is to speak to the spirit healer at the graveyard. They will res you there in a safe place, it will however significantly damage your armor and give you temporary sickness making you weak. If you're going to die 4 or 5 times to get somewhere safe, may as well res at the graveyard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    If you're going to die 4 or 5 times to get somewhere safe, may as well res at the graveyard.

I think it was closer to 30. :o

I am truly awful at this but I love it. :D

I had considered the graveyard resurrection but it was such a hassle getting past the first wave of wrong 'uns in the first place I hadn't the heart to do it all again.

I got clear eventually. I planned my route in better the second time, got into the shiny green dingus as planned, just in time for a cheeky goblin to swoop through my trail of bodies on a magic carpet and zap it before me.

Another mildly annoying thing about this game is that every time I get a decent look going, some inconsiderate benefactor offers me a much better, but much less attractive bit of kit to wear.......I'm currently wearing what looks like a turn of the century straw bonnet. It's not a good look for a zombie. I had a hood before......and I want my green robes back, they matched my horse.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if you've gone through the portal, life will get easier as you get a couple of outland quest rewards, the initial green quest rewards you get are better than most level 60 gear, apart from the high end purple stuff
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made a stupid mistake.

I got the Demon trainer to destroy one of my demons thinking I'd get one of the shiny new different ones and I just got the same back. It cost me 50 of the 190 gold I'd saved up. Now I'm about 100 gold short of my expert riding badge.

I could really use a flying mount for the quests now and it's taken me ages to save up all that.

Anyone know any good ways of making gold pretty easily other than doing quests or spending another week killing stuff?
  • T0PPERT0PPER Posts: 543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone know any good ways of making gold pretty easily other than doing quests or spending another week killing stuff?

Sell ore and herbs. I made 122g in 1 day doing that. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    T0PPER wrote: »
    Sell ore and herbs. I made 122g in 1 day doing that. ;)

Don't know how to sell things I'm afraid and I don't think I can get ore or herbs. Wrong professions.

I think it might be getting a bit beyond me now. I made back 6 gold then lost it getting my stuff repaired. I feel I'm going in circles a bit.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wrong professions.

You can change your professions if you want to.

Check the auction house to see what the average prices are for your mats then post them for just a little bit less.

I could help you if you are on the Vek'nilash server. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made a stupid mistake.

I got the Demon trainer to destroy one of my demons thinking I'd get one of the shiny new different ones and I just got the same back. It cost me 50 of the 190 gold I'd saved up. Now I'm about 100 gold short of my expert riding badge.

I could really use a flying mount for the quests now and it's taken me ages to save up all that.

making gold is not required....when outland first came out, no-one could get a flying mount till 70 anyway. Stick to yellow or green quests, do the dungeons to get good equipment; the gold will follow...levelling is what you should be aiming for - higher level mobs,quests and dungeons (once you're ready for them) practically throw gold at you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    levelling is what you should be aiming for.

No it isn't.

Having fun, making friends and a few coin along the way is the most important thing in any mmorpg.

The "rush to max level" types are the people you should avoid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going for levelling as I'm not planning on playing it for too long. I've teamed up with people on the same quests a couple of times which has helped but the last time I tried it we ended up spending an hour fending off the nasties only to realise we were on different quests. :o

How I know what colour a quest is?

Some of them are way too hard for level 60 and it seems that the one I've been struggling with can only be reached with a flying mount.

T0PPER, I've unlearned alchemy and learned mining, will that do do you think? I don't want to unlearn tailoring as I've spent a lot of time trying to get up to the level I'm at now and I've got a lot of fancy cloth in the bank for such a time as I can make some nice togs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't know how to sell things I'm afraid and I don't think I can get ore or herbs. Wrong professions.

I think it might be getting a bit beyond me now. I made back 6 gold then lost it getting my stuff repaired. I feel I'm going in circles a bit.

If you want to make some gold fairly quickly do this...

find a mining trainer in a city
    buy a mining pick
    mine loads of copper in the barrens or elwynn forest, depending on your faction
    take everything you have mined to a major city, next to the mining trainer will be a forge
    smelt all the ore and keep all the rocks you've mined
    take them to auction house
    check the price of a full stack (20) bars of copper, undercut it slightly
    profit :p

should be able to make a few hundred gold in a couple of hours doing that, especially when your mining levels up and you can mine iron and mithril in hillsbrad, hinterlands etc and a stack of 20 will sell for 30-40 gold

also, www.wowwiki.com is your friend :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott_P wrote: »
    If you want to make some gold fairly quickly do this...

find a mining trainer in a city
    buy a mining pick
    mine loads of copper in the barrens or elwynn forest, depending on your faction
    take everything you have mined to a major city, next to the mining trainer will be a forge
    smelt all the ore and keep all the rocks you've mined
    take them to auction house
    check the price of a full stack (20) bars of copper, undercut it slightly
    profit :p

should be able to make a few hundred gold in a couple of hours doing that, especially when your mining levels up and you can mine iron and mithril in hillsbrad, hinterlands etc and a stack of 20 will sell for 30-40 gold

also, www.wowwiki.com is your friend :P
    Thanks. :)

All sounds far too complicated for me but if I decide not to give up I'll follow your instructions. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T0PPER wrote: »
    No it isn't.

Having fun, making friends and a few coin along the way is the most important thing in any mmorpg.

The "rush to max level" types are the people you should avoid.

yep fair enough, but in terms of 'making money' it is :)