Fantasy Football Manager 2011-12 (Part 2)

Comments

• Season 74Season 74 Posts: 7,032
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    Really need something from Cisse, as I'm fairly sure my defence will end up costing me another goal here.

Definitely. You are reasonably safe, but a 3rd goal would put it to bed. Be a big win for you if the other 2 draw.

Speaking of...

Jackyorks Dragons 1-3 Yakutzenal (Cisse)
  • yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Phew, that ought to do it. Wish I'd started Ben Arfa now.
  • fab cescfab cesc Posts: 19,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just one more goal in this match to level mine at 1-1 :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm going to demand something from Cisse before every match he plays now. Seems to work wonders.
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Just one more goal in this match to level mine at 1-1 :)

and there you go. Big goal for you. You could do with a few more in that game to give you a chance of a 2nd...

Bally's Badgers 1-1 FC Serenity (Holt)

Jackyorks Dragons 1-4 Yakutzenal (Cisse)

I could be in trouble here. Need Andrews to score to give me any hope.

Season 74ers 0-1 Funk Unicorns (Walcott)
    Forum Member
    I'm going to demand something from Cisse before every match he plays now. Seems to work wonders.

Helping your GD+ too which is important considering how tight it is...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    Helping your GD+ too which is important considering how tight it is...

Indeed, although I expect I'll concede at least one with Senderos to play at Old Trafford tomorrow.

Now I could just do with Fab taking the lead. I'd rather be 2 behind both than 3 behind one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could do with a West Brom fightback if I'm going to have any chance of sneaking a win going in to the Man Utd game tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    Indeed, although I expect I'll concede at least one with Senderos to play at Old Trafford tomorrow.

Now I could just do with Fab taking the lead. I'd rather be 2 behind both than 3 behind one.

Really? Interesting that. Don't know which I'd prefer in your position. I'd be pleased the way things are going at the moment. I'd love to see the 3 of you still there in the final week for the game's sake. Simon's not out of it yet either.
    Forum Member
    What are the chances Evra scores tomorrow. ;)
  • BrumBallBrumBall Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My defenders had to choose this week to be injured/subs didn't they

And how did Arsenal manage 3 goals without van Persie being involved? :D

A draw wouldn't be a bad result though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted, really needed Hernandez to start and Giggs to be a sub tonight. Could of done with Ferdinand being rested for Jones as well :(.

Looks like I need Fulham to get a goal then SAF to bring Hernandez on to have any chance of a win.
  • BhaveshgorBhaveshgor Posts: 9,312
    Forum Member
    I need a 0-0 to get anything out of the game, hopefully can win the next few game and avoid the wooden spoon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm I have a feeling that if Ferdinand had gone off a minute or two earlier I'd only be a Hernandez goal away from winning this.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah well, least I'm still in with a chance :)

Can I ask what the plan is for next year season? You mentioned something about a questionnaire earlier.
    Forum Member
    fab cesc wrote: »
    Ah well, least I'm still in with a chance :)

Can I ask what the plan is for next year season? You mentioned something about a questionnaire earlier.

Yeah I'm just going to get everyone to fill in a quick questionnaire so I get a better idea of what people like and don't like, as I only really know my own views. It'll be anonymous too, so be honest. The game will not change fundamentally next year, just be a bit tidier game. The rules got away from me a bit at times this year; it'd be better if the game ran itself.
    Forum Member
    Sorry I didn't finalise results yesterday. Was unwell in the evening so went to bed after the match. Off to gig in a bit, but should have everything, including transfers, up to date by the end of the day.
  • FunkmasterTFunkmasterT Posts: 14,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any strikers for sale?
    Forum Member
    The top 2 contested a tight 1-1 draw to further open the season up. The Badgers early lead was quickly cancelled out by Serenity. It was a messy weekend for Bally in defense, saved by some strong performances by those who did play.

Yakutzenal took full advantage of the draw, with a typically high scoring 4-2 win. It was a very good effort by Jackyorks Dragons who were unfortunate to find Yakutzenal in such brilliant attacking form, one area they haven't struggled this year, as the game top scorers.

Simonics were also able to close the gap with a late Wayne Rooney goal, to leave them 7 points off the top and an outside chance at the championship. Bhaveshgorsia will be pleased to hold on for a point, as a frustrated TSO 2012 failed to score a 2nd goal. In the other match, Funk Unicorns were able to open a gap to 6th, but still sit 5 points off top.

Bally's Badgers 1-1 FC Serenity - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=0
    Bhaveshgorsia 1-1 TSO 2012 - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=33
    Hutchalution 0-1 Simonics - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=2
    Jackyorks Dragons 2-4 Yakutzenal - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=3
    Season 74ers 0-1 Funk Unicorns - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=4

Table, as it stands: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&key=0Av46Wg1Ypd00dDUydGl5Zy1MU2hKZ2VNUExGNTJlQ1E&hl=en_US&gid=10
    Forum Member
    Any strikers for sale?

I'd consider selling Fraizer Campbell, or Drogba for what I bought him, £35m.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Season 74 wrote: »
    I'd consider selling Fraizer Campbell, or Drogba for what I bought him, £35m.

Sorry too expensIve
    Forum Member
    Sorry too expensIve

You were the one that sold him to me for that amount. :p What about Fraizer?
    Forum Member
    I have PMed you all a questionnaire on the game. I'd be very grateful if you all take the time to fill it out, to give me a better idea of the parts of the game that are good and bad. Hopefully with better knowledge and more time next year, I can make the game even more enjoyable. I have to admit, I didn't realise everyone would take to it as much as they have, so I am extremely grateful for that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I release Matthew Upson.
    Forum Member
    Me and Funk have agreed

Jagielka + Bogdan + £7m for Drogba