Options

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (9)

Comments

• Options
    AJ3AJ3 Posts: 1,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive been trying to get into mw3 but it's awful I dont suck at mw2, Black ops WAW so why do I suck so much at mw3? If I was crap at all of them I could live with it but its awful...and makes me embaressed to play it!

im the dogs boll***s at all of them, i dont get how everyone is so good, they seem to shoot better than me and know instantly where i am
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    How coincidental is it the weekend there is meant to be a COD boycott on the 20th they announce a double xp weekend :rolleyes:

First i'm hearing of it:confused:

Don't people know by now that these boycotts never work anyway, i don't know what the boycotters are protesting this time, but if the last COD related boycott is anything to go by then i wouldn't get your hopes up for any results. Remember when MW2 was coming out and if you listened to the entirety of the gaming section of the internet you'd have believed that not a single person was going to buy it on PC to protest the lack of dedicated servers, but then on release day if you looked at Steam even the leaders of the boycott were playing it;)
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    AJ3 wrote: »
    im the dogs boll***s at all of them, i dont get how everyone is so good, they seem to shoot better than me and know instantly where i am

Don't worry I'm the same.

I have akimbo Mini Uzis and just spray the area like a fox on heat.

It's the level 70s that get me, they always seem to know where I am.

But I'm happy if I can break their kill streak by shooting down a Harrier or Chopper before it can kill anyone else.
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    First i'm hearing of it:confused:

Don't people know by now that these boycotts never work anyway, i don't know what the boycotters are protesting this time, but if the last COD related boycott is anything to go by then i wouldn't get your hopes up for any results. Remember when MW2 was coming out and if you listened to the entirety of the gaming section of the internet you'd have believed that not a single person was going to buy it on PC to protest the lack of dedicated servers, but then on release day if you looked at Steam even the leaders of the boycott were playing it;)

Never mind the boycott. Won't work. Never does. People get fed up.

What we should do is arrange a day where everyone camps. Every single MW3 player. Camping all day. I love the idea of the game starting and everyone is just sat in corners all over the map. See how fun the game is then.
  • Options
    MinnimoMinnimo Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Never mind the boycott. Won't work. Never does. People get fed up.

What we should do is arrange a day where everyone camps. Every single MW3 player. Camping all day. I love the idea of the game starting and everyone is just sat in corners all over the map. See how fun the game is then.

that would only annoy the people that didn't know it was happening. And lets face who would care?
  • Options
    Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The campers would care as soon as they realise no ones walking past.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it's the connection issues. One game can play perfect and the next few games can be a pile of rubbish. Getting the drop on someone first only for them to have superhuman reactions and kill you over and over.

Add poor matchmaking facing Germans, Frenchies or Pedro with his donkey powered-lag compensating connection and no wonder less and less people are playing it. How coincidental is it the weekend there is meant to be a COD boycott on the 20th they announce a double xp weekend :rolleyes:
    It isn't because of the boycott, it is because Collection 1 is out on PS3, so as per usual there is a double XP weekend.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Double XP :D

I have two tokens as well meaning four hours of quadruple xp (assuming you'll still be able to do it).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Delboy219 wrote: »

How is that different to any other day on MW3?:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first visit to this thread in yonks and folk are still complaining about MW3, I admire your perseverance guys and gals.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    They should do a Double Weapon XP weekend for those Prestige 15/not wanting to prestige anymore. Level 30 to 31 is a real slog especially for ranking up shotties.
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo! All Pro! at last :)
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    One thing I'd like them to add to the next MW is the ability to see the kill cams of the enemy you've killed at the end of the game.

It would be nice to see some of the kills sometimes.
  • Options
    Ian KaneIan Kane Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would be really nice is concentrating on the core gameplay before adding perks and kill/death streaks. Balancing guns and solid hit detection should be priorities along with map design before a thought goes in to anything else.

I said before Black Ops came out that I hoped they'd made the game work before adding in the CoD money system & emblem editing. I got shot down of course for not wanting change and stifling ideas, in reality I'm all for change IF the core game mechanics are solid. Black Ops has been the best so far for me and even that took a few patches to settle down.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should do a Double Weapon XP weekend for those Prestige 15/not wanting to prestige anymore. Level 30 to 31 is a real slog especially for ranking up shotties.
    Ah. I came here to ask if it doubles that too - I guess not then!

I am P15/R80 so yes. Pointless weekend for me. If it was double weaponry I might consider getting gold guns, but soon P20 will be out, so that would be pointless too.
  • Options
    TheParanoidGoatTheParanoidGoat Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long before they introduce Prestige 20? My goal was to prestige all the way on this COD. I'm Prestige 15 Rank 80 now and don't really feel like playing it as much now, the goals completed (for now)

I was going to get all my fav guns gold ... but if they're going to introduce Prestige 20, theres no point yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Spas does make game fun for me, since ranking it up. I do recommend giving it. Theres nothing quite as satisfying as a good Spaz killstreak! Its probably because it feels like more of an achievement! As pump-action shotguns are the most inconsistent guns on the game. Get a long range kill one second, and take 3 shots to take someone down at close range the next.

Especially good owning the auto-shottie noobs, and hearing them cry about it. Might try the Winchester next :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one knows. The images were discovered in the patch for PC that introduced the additional prestiges, and I think they might even already have them enabled?
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    I jacked mw3 in a while ago. I never had many problems with mw2 but every other game of mw3 seemed to be full of cheating boosting rats. And I don't think they will ever sort out the lag comp issues.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    They won't sort lag-comp out. If they knew how to do it then they'd have fixed it by now.

Boosting - wasn't that born in MW2 with the introduction of TI? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Microsoft, Sony, Treyarch, Infinity Ward or whoever need to introduce gaming ASBOs.

Anti-social gaming. Either being oblivious to how your actions affect other players, or just not giving a crap.

If I get taken down, or I lose in a fair fight, fair play. But watching kill cams, and seeing the guy who has just shot you is sitting in a dark spot, with assassin pro, and waits for you to run past, then shoots you in the back with T95/Striker/P-90M ... that gives most of us the rage!

Gaming ASBOs! Make it happen!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    No one knows. The images were discovered in the patch for PC that introduced the additional prestiges, and I think they might even already have them enabled?

I've not seen any more than 15 yet. I thought theyd been introduced a few weeks ago, when I reached P15 R80. Went to prestige mode, chose to prestige ... P15 R1 again.

They should of made that clear!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CSI-uk wrote: »
    This is my first visit to this thread in yonks and folk are still complaining about MW3, I admire your perseverance guys and gals.

I guess they'd stop the complaining once the game improves which ...well, ain't gonna happen unless they scrap MW3 altogether and start again I think ^^

Most people seem to think the game is a mess and are going to call it so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    I used my second prestige token but it didn't apply double XP! Looks like I've lost it :(

Not happy at all.