Options

Could 12 be a better husband for River then 11?

Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Only one worry I have about bringing her back at Christmas. Will it undo what has already been built up and established in her time line ?.

10 saw her die. 11 was there when she was born and abducted. He later married and mourned her. River has only really loved two men in her life. Rory her dear old dad and her one true love the doctor. How could any other man compare to him ?

What is it going to do to him seeing her alive just before the fateful trip to the library ?.:o

River /Melody and Doctor was always going to end badly. He is a "functionally immortal" time lord she is a mortal (mostly) human. River even once described him as an "ageless God".:cry::(

River should be happy when she discovers her husband might have regenerated but he is still the doctor fighting the good fight against evil. Second most important thing he still loves her very much. Even if he might have trouble showing it sometimes.:blush::)

Only 9 days untill their next adventure across time and space.:):p:D

Comments

• Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Given a choice, I would rather be waking up next to Matt Smith :)
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Capaldi will have a lot more chemistry with her than Smith did. The grumpy old man who hates affection and has a very dry sense of humour paired up with a flirtatious Time Lady who has little patience with him. Capaldi's chemistry with Jenna was brilliant and one of my favourite things about Series 8 and 9, so it'll be interesting seeing him paired with another established character.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    Given a choice, I would rather be waking up next to Matt Smith :)

That's where we differ, Mulett. :D
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same show as everyone else...
  • Options
    doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,340
    Forum Member
    Just judging from the trailer, it already seems like they have good chemistry.

I was never one of those who acted like 11 was too young for River, especially since looking at them in character, it was the doctor who was far, far too old for her, but aesthetically Capaldi does seem to be a good fit.

Doubt it matters anyway. If as it seems, this is the whole derillium/final meeting episode, then I would assume it will be her last and the only time we will see River and 12 together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We all see it through our own particular lens, salad. All things to all men. :D;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We all see it through our own particular lens, salad. All things to all men. :D;-)

Indeed! And it is easy to get confused. I spent a week convinced that the episode where Amy Pond bumped into a Splinter Clara at the Papal Mainframe with only a paddling pool, some jelly, a couple of sonic screwdrivers and a stick of butter to keep them entertained was canon but people assure me it isn't. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed! And it is easy to get confused. I spent a week convinced that the episode where Amy Pond bumped into a Splinter Clara at the Papal Mainframe with only a paddling pool, some jelly, a couple of sonic screwdrivers and a stick of butter to keep them entertained was canon but people assure me it isn't. :(

I know what you mean. Some episodes involving the Tenth Doctor and some melted chocolate apparently weren't actually shown on screen. :blush::D
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've heard fans say that with all Who, you can choose your own personal 'head canon', but I don't think they meant dreams, man. ;-)

ETA Still, then again...why not! :kitty:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've heard fans say that with all Who, you can choose your own personal 'head canon', but I don't think they meant dreams, man. ;-)

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :cry::cry::cry:

It's fine. See my edit. It has been decreed. (by one fan, anyway.) :D
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,478
    Forum Member
    It's fine. See my edit. It has been decreed. (by one fan, anyway.) :D

De-cry-ed? :cry::cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    Lord SmexyLord Smexy Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ETA Still, then again...why not! :kitty:

I still think the Fourth Doctor and Romana were together in a romantic way, at least that's the impression I got from Douglas Adams' stories City of Death and Shada. Either way, headcanon. :P
  • Options
    Whoswho1Whoswho1 Posts: 1,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sometimes everyone else wonders if they are watching the same show as you.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is canon. I definitely remember seeing that, too.
  • Options
    Jack_RamoneJack_Ramone Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Could 12 be a better husband for River then 11?
    What, he'd marry his past self after River Song?