Forum Member
Probably a contender...

Comments

• Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Joanna.

Her and Stella are quite funny together too - good, dry humour.

Both extremely competent too. It will be a tragedy if they aren't both in the final.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    I agree. Joanna saved this task for Stuart in my opinion. She's certainly a good salesperson - but I think we knew that already. It's also to her credit that she managed to patch things up with Laura after week 2 - they both seemed to work well together on this task.

I hope Joanna is PM again soon. She did a good job the first time, and I'm conifdent she'll do well again. She learns from her mistakes, evidently.
  • Options
    yakutzyakutz Posts: 10,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to agree - I hadn't been a fan of her, and she'd always come across as far too shouty and aggressive for my liking, but she and Stella were fantastic tonight. They won that task.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Likely to be popular with Sugar too as she has no qualifications and has built up her own business and has a family. He tends to prefer that background to those with good academic backgrounds (Liz), corporate backgrounds Stella, or (worst yet) academic and posh (Chris) who are the other good candidates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never seen her as a contender to win, but after tonight I could definitely see her in the final two.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always like her ever since she got that warning from A.S. which I thought was O.T.T. but she excepted it and changed her approach.
  • Options
    queenbeaqueenbea Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    ~V~ wrote: »
    I love Joanna.

Her and Stella are quite funny together too - good, dry humour.

Both extremely competent too. It will be a tragedy if they aren't both in the final.

I loved the energy between her and Stella. It showed that two strong and capable women can work together without resorting to bitchiness (as is always expected of women). Kudos to them both.
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    yakutz wrote: »
    I have to agree - I hadn't been a fan of her, and she'd always come across as far too shouty and aggressive for my liking, but she and Stella were fantastic tonight. They won that task.

I agree I was never a fan but i was very impressed with her tonight!! :)
  • Options
    ~V~~V~ Posts: 17,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    queenbea wrote: »
    I loved the energy between her and Stella. It showed that two strong and capable women can work together without resorting to bitchiness (as is always expected of women). Kudos to them both.

That silly cry-baby Laura (is that her name? I'm so dismissive of her I can't really be bothered to learn it) could learn a lot from them.

Instead she appeared to be in Baggs' thrawl, hanging off his every word. then again, Alex kept her close last week. is she supposed to be attractive or something?
  • Options
    GoodwinGoodwin Posts: 6,576
    Forum Member
    I like Joanna too. Easy on the eye, especially in that red dress. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    She seemed to be the only one doing anything. She got it right for the kids, knew exactly what to do. I think Stella just plays along, not really wanting to win and has a cynical attitude to all of it.
  • Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    I agree I wasnt keen on her before tonight, but she was great at selling and engaging with the kids and parents. I thought the medal idea was a really good one it made the experience a bit more rewarding/special for the kids.

Also I thought Laura's attitude to that man .who thought it was £10 not £15, was appalling!! I know they need to be ruthless but that was so unprofessional -Good on Joanna for insisting on the £10 price
  • Options
    Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For me she's always been one of the strongest and most consistent although to listen to some of the posters on here, I sometimes wonder whether I've watched a completely different programme.:rolleyes:

She's direct, confident, hardworking and no-nonsense and the fact she isn't posh or over-polished shouldn't be a problem. Also, the other candidates appear to hold her in high regard. Apart from Stuart that is...who doesn't count.;)
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's pushed herself up the ReggieRebel board. She's listened and learned from the start of the process and, if you were picking teams playground style would be your first or second pick
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has common (business) sense, I don't see that from any of the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    For me her communication skills are terrible and far too easily slips into rudeness and aggression. I'm not surprised she has a criminal conviction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1316798/The-Apprentice-2010-Joanna-Riley-second-contestant-criminal-past.html
  • Options
    Miles_TMiles_T Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    For me her communication skills are terrible and far too easily slips into rudeness and aggression. I'm not surprised she has a criminal conviction

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1316798/The-Apprentice-2010-Joanna-Riley-second-contestant-criminal-past.html

Disagree, I think she is a very good communicator. I would say forthright and not rude. haven't checked the article as that paper should just be used as toilet roll.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miles_T wrote: »
    She has common (business) sense, I don't see that from any of the others.
    Agreed. Self-evident is the fact she already runs her own business...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Miles_T wrote: »
    Disagree, I think she is a very good communicator. I would say forthright and not rude. haven't checked the article as that paper should just be used as toilet roll.

Well, ok here is the story as published here on Digitalspy

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s108/the-apprentice/news/a279657/apprentice-hopeful-riley-has-conviction.html

"The Leicester reality TV contestant pleaded guilty before she was due to stand trial. Reading Crown Court gave her a two-year conditional discharge for her part in the violent incident, which caused £1,000 of damage and left one taxi driver with a broken tooth."
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Agreed. Self-evident is the fact she already runs her own business...

A lot of them do. You can run your own business and still not be a much of a business person, it has to be said. It depends on the nature of the business and how well that business is doing, really.
  • Options
    ESPIONdansantESPIONdansant Posts: 6,760
    Forum Member
    She seems a lot better-behaved since she got shouted at. That argues for her character. Maybe she can learn from experience. Not sure how many of the others have sufficient self-awareness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    ...A lot of them. You can run your own business and still not be a much of a business person, it has to be said. It depends on the nature of the business and how well that business is doing, really.
    Did you miss the word 'self-evident' in my post? Personally not interested in anything reported in the rags about the candidates unless it's happened since or affects their performance on the show.

Try harder - much harder.:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 282
    Forum Member
    I'm not a huge fan of Joannes; she's a bit too condescending for my liking. That said I believe she done a great job on the sales side of things and really helped attract customers.

I think she did let herself be bated a bit too much by Stuart; she allowed him to really rile her up. I think Stella dealt alot better with the ego that is Stuart; better to calmly take him down then to let him rattle you.
  • Options
    CrazyeyeskillerCrazyeyeskiller Posts: 4,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is a bad communicator and whilst has common sense is also prone to lashing out verbally , not a good business "look" that.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    Sweet FA wrote: »
    Did you miss the word 'self-evident' in my post? Personally not interested in anything reported in the rags about the candidates unless it's happened since or affects their performance on the show.

Try harder - much harder.:sleep:

Genuinely interested to know why you are not interested in someone's criminal convictions (in the context of this show, of course). For myself, I would think it potentially very relevant to whether I would employ someone to do a job, depending on the nature of the offence and circumstances of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amagad wrote: »
    ...I think she did let herself be bated a bit too much by Stuart; she allowed him to really rile her up. I think Stella dealt alot better with the ego that is Stuart; better to calmly take him down then to let him rattle you.
    But Joanna's only 25 whereas Stella is 30 or 31...which is a huge difference at that stage in life as well as them coming from different backgrounds - one corporate the other a small business owner - so of course their approaches to handling an idiot like Stuart will be different!