First Doctor character and location to return (50TH SPOILER PICS)

13»

Comments

• Dan06Dan06 Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we sure this is not for the 50th anniversary docu-drama about the origins of Doctor Who?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    Dan06 wrote: »
    Are we sure this is not for the 50th anniversary docu-drama about the origins of Doctor Who?

Yes....as has already been stated on this thread, Filming on An Adventure in Time & Space was completed some months ago. The scenes being discussed on this thread are for inclusion in the 50th Annivesary Episode which is currently nearing completion itself.
  • Pull2OpenPull2Open Posts: 15,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dan06 wrote: »

See post #38!

Look at the school sign, it say Chairman of the Board of Governors I Chesterton!

I asked the same thing last night, it definitely isn't the docudrama!
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DICKENS99 wrote: »
    Is this present day Coal Hill school or original time Coal Hill school? If the first then who are those two teachers mentioned in SJA at Cambridge who never aged, unless Ian also moonlights as a school governor, or if original time, was Ian a school governor then...did the UK have school governors then?

Perhaps the First Doctor stopped in the 21st century for a couple of years to effect much-needed TARDIS repairs and Ian and Barbara got hired on at Cambridge before mysteriously disappearing. :D
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the name I M Foreman an anagram ?
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is the name I M Foreman an anagram ?

I'm sure you could make all sorts of words from the name if you really want, but I M Foreman was simply a name made up by Anthony Coburn for the purposes of the first episode. It is not, and never has been, an anagram of anything Who-significant.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    I m foRemAN is the Rani!

(Sorry, sorry. If it's worth anything, I hate myself for it more than you do.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :cool:ace i didnt see the first episode the whole way through , susan fascinated me in bits i saw
    i was more the ppertwee/baker (not cols) era and pat trougton was better
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tinny wrote: »
    :cool:ace i didnt see the first episode the whole way through , susan fascinated me in bits i saw

I really recommend you watch the very first episode, tinny, as it's great! Must have blown people's minds at the time!
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    I really recommend you watch the very first episode, tinny, as it's great! Must have blown people's minds at the time!

It did !:cool:
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinny wrote: »

You couldn't sit through 25 minutes?
  • gingerfreakgingerfreak Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    You couldn't sit through 25 minutes?

Could have been clips?
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't read all the posts but surely these are post shoot filler takes requested by the editor for the documentary rather than the 50th
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    No they're not, they're for the 50th and are set in the present day, with Ian Chesterton as chair of the board of governors at Coal Hill and a modern policeman walking past the I M Foreman sign :)
  • FluxCapacitorFluxCapacitor Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus if they WERE for the 1960s drama, the exterior sets would have been erected in a studio as they originally were - not outdoors on location.

This is definitely for DW.
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    allen_who wrote: »
    Haven't read all the posts but surely these are post shoot filler takes requested by the editor for the documentary rather than the 50th

Not unless Clara and the anti-grav bike are in it and it's set in the modern day.