Survivor 31 CAMBODIA (SECOND CHANCE)

chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
Forum Member
✭✭✭
No thread?

It premiered yesterday.

Lots of interesting twists.

Abi Maria, Woo and Keith remained despicable. Want to see them gone.
Vytas was a bit creepy this week with his yoga moves:o

Comments

• FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi Maria was the star of the premiere, I loved it!

Rooting for Abi, Peih-Gee, Tasha, Kass, both Kell(e)y's, Monica, Shirin, Joe and Kimmi.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first episode, I loved that the vote was so close.

It's strange I really rooted for Vytas in his first season but I was agreeing with everything Shirin said, he really made me cringe this episode and I'd totally changed my opinion.

I'm rooting for Spencer and Fishbach :D
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    The first episode was enjoyable. It's weird watching all these people mashed together, it's like watching highlights from previous seasons.

Funny how Vytas has kind of mirrored Aras's game - Aras won, then they both went out back-to-back at the merge, now Vytas has gone out first.

Jeff's insistence on referring to people by their last name is going to get annoying, though I'm surprised we haven't encountered the problem of having Kelly and Kelley on the same tribe. Might aswell call them Wiggy and Wenty.
    The most intense moment for me was watching Wenty find the right time to reach for the idol. I was with her all the way.

The hot pink tribe colour is particularly striking on the beach. Oh and come on Kass!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^
    That was so intense I was pretty much screaming at my TV to get it, no one is going to see you they're too focused on watching who's going to get the key!!! GET IT FFS!!!! :D lol
  • The Face of BoeThe Face of Boe Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah enjoyed that. Rooting for Spencer and Kass!
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked the twist with the idol, having it placed in the challenge.

Going straight to the tribal seemed quite strange, the strategizing before that is a big part of the program.

The producers picked who was in the initial tribes I assume, but the one with Joe in it seems to be considered a fair bit stronger physically. Joe certainly started off as the usual challenge beast that he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'd think the producers would put both Kelly's on different tribes to avoid confusion... guess not :p
  • jantjant Posts: 1,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great first episode, I loved that the vote was so close.

It's strange I really rooted for Vytas in his first season but I was agreeing with everything Shirin said, he really made me cringe this episode and I'd totally changed my opinion.

I'm rooting for Spencer and Fishbach :D

These are my two favourites as well. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the unbelievable volume of the 'background' music. It's ruining the show for me. I understand the need for intermittent music, for dramatic effect, but continuously throughout the show, is just unbearable. :(
  • rowens08rowens08 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First time in watching Survivor in years and first USA one, enjoyed the opening episode, any recommendations on which season to watch back as at a loss now that BB USA and CBB UK is over?:)
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Avoid Redemption Island at all costs.
    Survivor Cagayan is a good recent season to start with
  • InthedeepInthedeep Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    rowens08 wrote: »
    First time in watching Survivor in years and first USA one, enjoyed the opening episode, any recommendations on which season to watch back as at a loss now that BB USA and CBB UK is over?:)

Season 20 Heroes vs Villains is one of my favorite seasons, however it is an all-star season and so may spoil some of the results of the first 19 seasons (I also love s9 Vanuatu, s13 Cook Islands, s7 Pearl Islands & s15 china.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rowens08 wrote: »

Season 2, 7, 12, 28 and 29 are the best non-returning player seasons.

16 and 20 are the best but have returning players and spoilers about previous seasons.
    Forum Member
    My personal favourite seasons are 7, 12 and 25.

Then there's also 1, 4, 9, 11, 13, 16, 20, 27, 28 and 29 that are also great in my opinion.

Season 20 (Heroes vs Villains) is generally hyped as the best season ever.
    While Season 22 (Redemption Island) is probably the worst of all.
  • rowens08rowens08 Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all the recommendations peeps:)
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG what a good week :eek:

This season is going to be GREAT
  • Alistair_CarmolAlistair_Carmol Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Really good episode not happen with the final tribal result though! Although out of the two I'm glad it went the way it went. This season looks like it could be shaping up to be brilliant, seems very few of them have looked at where they went wrong so far. Woo still seems invisible and unwilling to even think about making moves, abi Marie still argumentative and unlikeavle, liking kass more this year so far so she may be one to watch for me!
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why did they decide to split the vote? Came across really contrived to me, like they're trying to impress the viewers.

Pretty much dislike all of the loser tribe.

Jeff, Woo and Abi are terrible.
    Don't like Kelly or Spencer. I was hoping Spencer would be voted out, but it was obvious from early on in the episode that it'd be Shirin.

Glad the tribes are getting shaken up next week - can't be bothered with some macho alliance with Jeremy and co. so that will be laid to rest, at least.

Cheering on Tasha, Kass and Kelley at the moment, but I'll be keeping a close eye on Jeremy, Peih-Gee, Ciera and Stephen, too.

Oh, and can we please STOP with the use of surnames? Bloody annoying.
    Forum Member
    Well that was dramatic. It's fascinating how neglecting just one of their number caused everything to come crashing down on Shirin and Spencer. Proves that the social game is the most important thing and you probably shouldn't even be thinking of strategy unless you've got the social aspect covered.

Strange how Peih Gee came down hard on Abi, yet Shirin was somehow the bad guy of the situation.
    I am glad Peih Gee is safe, though I would have liked Spencer to go as he is really boring and emotionless, whereas at least Shirin is feisty. But there has been a Shirin overkill recently.

I enjoyed watching Woo get ruthless, but Abi still gives me a headache and is a character that's more enjoyable in hindsight than actually having to suffer. I get the feeling keeping her is going to backfire on a couple of people, perhaps Peih Gee and Jeff.
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirin was supposed to be cool with Abi whereas Abi and PG never got along so I reckon that;s why Abi felt worse regarding Shirin.

Spencer is a bigger threat though, I'm assuming the kept him for challenges, he is way more likely to weasel his way into a new alliance than Shirin would have been and I can see him making it quite far, particularly with the swap next week.

I'm loving the Abi/Varner tribe, it's hilarious compared to the kumbaya crap on the other side. I couldn't believe they were all buying Andrew's blubbing about his wife, it was super cringe and I was waiting for a talking head of someone rolling their eyes and saying how contrived it was but that never came.

I find Abi more entertaining than on her season where she was just obnoxious and nothing else :D
    Reserved wrote: »
    Why did they decide to split the vote? Came across really contrived to me, like they're trying to impress the viewers.

Maybe so that Spencer/Shirin actually had to be the executioner for each other. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow great second episode, I didn't want to lose either of them but I'm so happy it was Spencer that stayed!
    Looking forward to the tribe swap and 3 tribes, woop :D

I'm guessing they split the vote in case of an idol?
  • firefly_irlfirefly_irl Posts: 4,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh of course, I keep forgetting people don't know Kelly has the idol :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have preferred Spencer going, he's not much of a character.

Some bullshit in this episode for sure. Typical American moralising storyline that they'll be lapping up over there, but hopefully not so much over here. Amazingly pro-Abi edit lol, even though we all know how annoying she can be. That Jeff contestant is annoying me, I hope his alliance turn on him sooner rather than later.

I was assuming the split vote was in case one had an idol, though we heard nothing about that, it was thought we would prefer hearing more about the moralising of 'making friends rather than playing the game' bullshit. They are all playing the game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed watching Woo get ruthless

Ruthless or someone who just wants to keep out of the game as usual? One person you don't want to talk strategy with lol.
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    Ruthless or someone who just wants to keep out of the game as usual? One person you don't want to talk strategy with lol.

Or perhaps someone who wants to side with the numbers.
    It was pretty desperate gameplay from Shirin/Spencer and Woo certainly gave them something to think about.

I hope we see more of the dark side of Woo this time. We didn't see much of it on his first season, perhaps because the show wanted to portray him as the naive noble warrior who makes a million dollar mistake.
    He was called Weasel Woo by some of the others, rumours are that he used to steal food and water from production and/or that he'd try and listen in on other people's confessionals.
    I could actually picture the latter one based on his ninja stealth mode and the time he stole the clue from Spencer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there wasn't much scope for anything by then. I still can't imagine Woo deep in any strategy talks though, he's more someone who's good at challenges.