A few questions about upgrading to HD

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,357
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I currently ahve a Sky World package multiroom(Sky + box and an ordinary Sky box) with phone and broadband and I am looking to upgrade the Sky+ box to HD.

However this month I have a few financial commitments which mean I can't pay for it for a couple of weeks so I just have a few questions.

1)Is it possible to add the payment for the box and installation onto my next Sky Bill which comes after a welcome income relief so can easily pay for it

2)If that isn't possible when does the £49 offer end?

3)As we are already on multiroom is it possible to replace the normal box with the + box we already have and replace the + with HD so in essence upgrade both but only buy one?

Thank you :)

Comments

• stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't risk getting a bank fee by hoping Sky charge you at a specific time. I think they keep the same monthly date but add a part payment to it depending when you have it installed.

Also you will probably have to wait a while for a HD box anyhow.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So do they only charge when they install it or do they take it then install it on the specific date?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They won't charge you for the viewing time until you get it, the one off charges will probably go through straight away, if that is what is worrying you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    They won't charge you for the viewing time until you get it, the one off charges will probably go through straight away, if that is what is worrying you.

Yeah that is whats the worry as it's £79 for the box and installation.If they could add it to the Sky Bil it'd be problem solved bur presumably they want it straight away
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I bought my Sky+ box they grabbed it straight away.
  • bbvbbv Posts: 519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They take the £79 from a card when you signup. They will only charge you the £9.75 extra subscription once the box is installed.

However from what most people are saying on the HD threads, this isnt a promotion so you wont miss out on the deal. Sky are not advertising any end dates for this.

Anyway there is nothing stopping you signing up online today anyway, as it is all based on a queue system. You 'register your interest' today, and it takes anything from 5-21 days before you are then allowed to place your order.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it possible to pay to have the box installed but not have the hd channels?
    i dont have a hd tv yet but i am tempted by the new epg and also i would like to be ready for when i do get a hdtv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys.I registered then followed up with a call(finally getting through after phone problems which is part of reason I asked here) and the man said that I can order today(well register) and in 7-8 days i'll get a call then I can wait further 7 days to pay I just call when I can pay and they do it. Not sure if what he said is true but I hope so and can't see why else he would say it and if they try and say I can't have it i'll point it out :D

Just got an email that says I can expect to complete the order in 3 months. Seems quite a bit away but it'll probably go quickly :) (I hope)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,512
    Forum Member
    Dombo wrote: »
    Is it possible to pay to have the box installed but not have the HD channels?
    I don't have a HD TV yet but I am tempted by the new EPG and also I would like to be ready for when I do get a HDTV.
    The offer is conditional on you taking Sky for 12 months (either by signing up as a new customer or entering a new 12 month contract as and existing customer) and taking the HD pack (£9.75) for 12 months. Your first month is free if you sign up on line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    Don't, it is not worth it IMHO