How do we think EE storyline will play out

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
Forum Member
So after we've had all the arguments and discussions about whether this is a suitable storyline or not, how do we think that this is going to play out after the baby swap.

Will Ronnie be able to live with what she's done?
What will happen when jack finds out?

And as this is soapland it's all bound to come out, but how??? Are we going to have a 2011 "sensational" Christmas storyline?

Comments

• polkadottydresspolkadottydress Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Ronnie will go on auto-pilot and be able to live with it. She wants a child after all, and her character would be able to block emotions out.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Roninie will end up in an institution. That is why she had those scenes with Jean. It's an omen of what is to come.

Either Glenda or Roxy finds out the thruth. And trys to get Ronnie to seek help. But knows she will go to prison for a long time, so they eventualy agree to keep quiet.
    They have an argument about it one day, and it is over heard in the vic, somehow.
    Kat and Ronnie have it out. Kat thinks Ronnie has gone barmy over post natal depression. And doesn't believe it at first. Then Ronnie tells her exactly what she did, every detail.
    Kat finaly believes her and goes to attack Ronnie.

Ronnie threatens to kill herself. Kat says ok "Do itttttt! yah evil cahhh" then flashes back to when she tryed to end her life all those years ago.
    Kat snaps and feels sorry for her. And stops her. Then tells her to leave and never come back. But Ronnie is ultimately arrested.

The baby is DNA tested. Kat has trouble bonding. the child is about 18 months.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So after we've had all the arguments and discussions about whether this is a suitable storyline or not, how do we think that this is going to play out after the baby swap.

And as this is soapland it's all bound to come out, but how??? Are we going to have a 2011 "sensational" Christmas storyline?

I am not sure even if she was able to live with it that she will be able to if they play it realistically , there will be a postmortem on the baby, surely it will come out that it is not the biological child of Kat and therefore it wont be long befiore it is found out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like Glenda to find out first, maybe Christmas 2011. She's played by a good actress, so I think it would be good to explore that side of Glenda's character.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    I am not sure even if she was able to live with it that she will be able to if they play it realistically , there will be a postmortem on the baby, surely it will come out that it is not the biological child of Kat and therefore it wont be long befiore it is found out.

They wouldn't check DNA though, they would be checking for the cause of death.
  • mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At the end of the day, we're in the hands of the scriptwriters. Kat or Ronnie do nothing for me personally, so what I'll find interesting, will be the sub-dramas that come out of NYE, relating to the baby swap. Its been discussed far too much on DS for me to care about Ronnie's grief etc, etc. Theres too much tragedy placed on her shoulders for me to care about her. Its the same thing that turned me off Stacey TBH.
    The great thing about having the mitchells out of the Vic is how they've become de-centralised, and thats defo a good thing, as other characters get to drink at the script-trough!
    My Janine fetish has been sated (for the moment...), I'm more interested to see how her character will cope in the New Year, rather than the baby drama. And how Phils gang turns out.
    2011 - more Janine,more Jean, more Shirley, more new Ben (yes you heard me right!),more Glenda, more Roxy and a lorra lorra Kim!
    2011 - less Max, less Ryan and less Heather. Infact, apart from Dot get rid of the whole Branning clan.
  • Flamethrower100Flamethrower100 Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chessie__x wrote: »
    I'm sure Ronnie will go on auto-pilot and be able to live with it. She wants a child after all, and her character would be able to block emotions out.

Interesting. But I always thought Ronnie was always about the maternal bond. She was offered Sam's child for keeps and didn't take him.
    She doesn't want a child, she wants her child. She doesn't want Tommy. She took him in a fit of greif.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    I'd like Glenda to find out first, maybe Christmas 2011. She's played by a good actress, so I think it would be good to explore that side of Glenda's character.

Would be interesting if she genuinely bonded with the baby as grandmothers sometimes negate their own children for the next generation. Plus, its hard to
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would be interesting if she genuinely bonded with the baby as grandmothers sometimes negate their own children for the next generation. Plus, its hard toknow if she cares for anyone past a surface level.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ronnie will end up having to leave permenatly or for a few months
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sweet_soap wrote: »
    They wouldn't check DNA though, they would be checking for the cause of death.

But they would test the blood and this would show up discrepancies.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 6 months down the line the hospital will contact Kat and Ronnie, telling them that their babies were swapped at birth, which would basically mean that Ronnie's swap actually made it right.

Imagine, the swap took place but then it turns out Ronnie has her baby, the child she's always wanted...but if she keeps quiet it could be taken away but if she speaks up she'll be arrested for kidnap.

EDIT: That'd also answer the DNA/blood questions - the baby which has died is in fact the Moon's.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    as far as im aware the blood would be tested but only for signs of illness or drugs/chemicals. blood groups are not accurate enough to determine paternity/maternity and they have no need to do a dna profile comparison. they will take dna for detection of illness only.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    About 6 months down the line the hospital will contact Kat and Ronnie, telling them that their babies were swapped at birth, which would basically mean that Ronnie's swap actually made it right.

Imagine, the swap took place but then it turns out Ronnie has her baby, the child she's always wanted...but if she keeps quiet it could be taken away but if she speaks up she'll be arrested for kidnap.

EDIT: That'd also answer the DNA/blood questions - the baby which has died is in fact the Moon's.

but the babies werent born together at the hospital:confused:

how would they accidentally swap them
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    but the babies werent born together at the hospital:confused:

how would they accidentally swap them

This is a soap, they'd dream something up. ;)

Seriously - excellent point. That may be a flaw in the plan. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 122
    Forum Member
    I don't think they do DNA at post-mortems, unless there's illness or something genetic. Besides, baby moon wasn't born at the hospital so how would they swap him.

I am looking forward to Kat doing emotional scenes. i think Jessie Wallace is a great actress and perhaps now we'll get to see her doing emotion rather than shouting all the time
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 183
    Forum Member

I agree it would be good for the character, but I think she's played by a dreadful actress in desperate need of a recast.
  • biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    This is a soap, they'd dream something up. ;)

Seriously - excellent point. That may be a flaw in the plan. :o

i like your idea and badly dont want to see that flaw:D

maybe ronnie visits alfie and tommy in the vic and gets alfie to watch the babys while ronnie gos the loo and alfie does a swap because he dont want no micheal moon baby:eek::D