Orange Signal Box and Virgin

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
Hi does anyone have an Orange signal box and use a virgin phone?

My signal box wont let me make a call through it with my virgin phone, it worked no problem until today, Orange phones in my home work fine except mine!

anyone else have the same problem? or know a way to get it sorted?

When i took out the deal with virgin i was told it would work. been with virgin for just 3 days, already had to ring CS everyday about various issues.
Not off to a very good start!

Comments

• paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamesglast wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have an Orange signal box and use a virgin phone?

My signal box wont let me make a call through it with my virgin phone, it worked no problem until today, Orange phones in my home work fine except mine!

anyone else have the same problem? or know a way to get it sorted?

When i took out the deal with virgin i was told it would work. been with virgin for just 3 days, already had to ring CS everyday about various issues.
    Not off to a very good start!

Im sure I read on this forum a while back that Virgin phones would soon be excluded from the signal box. Im sure someone will be along shortly to confirm or deny.
  • reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Virgin have now probably finished moving onto their own systems now. The signal box will now no longer work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Virgin have now probably finished moving onto their own systems now. The signal box will now no longer work.

It started back working last night, thankfully

I'll stick with them till they switch to their new system, then hop no another network :)
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    Probably the signal box system at EEs end. Mine does that from time to time (EE iPhone).
    Sometimes sticking a pin in the reset hole and waiting for it to reboot does the trick as well... sometimes..
    You want to go to EE as they will have WiFi calling soon then you won't need the signal box. You will need a compatible handset though.
    I will still be keeping the signal box as well though as the full signal ensures your battery doesn't die in 5 hours!
    You will then have the best of both worlds and you will be able to do voice wherever there is WiFi. Neat!