Options

Panasonic th42px60b

I have had the recent software update due to the purple snaking problem. There is an improvement but not a great deal. When I first got this tv the picture was fantasic but since the snaking the picture has never been as good. Also on bright pictures a get a high tone, normally can only hear on low volume. I have my dvd/sky+ connected to the tv via scart RGB. Can anyone help or suggest anyway I can inprove the picture. I will intend in the future to get sky hd.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you wont see the problem on HD - however if you have purple snakes the get the PCB replaced by Panny.

Alternatively if you havent had the set long ask the shop to swap it for a PX70 version.
  • Options
    hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Buzzing with high contrast images is apparantly a feature of plasma screens - personally I've never heard a thing on my current PX70 or previous PX60. (Having said that I know I can't hear a thing above 17Khz.)

Personally if I found it annoying I would ask for an exchange/refund but if you had it a while that may not be possible. The PX70 is completely silent - it hasn't even got any fans.

Regarding the "purple snakes" - keep on bugging Panasonic until you are satisfied. There is a version - 41.04 I think - of the D-board that just about fixes the problem.