Rylan is going to have a chatshow on Channel 5

Comments

• SweetSyrupSweetSyrup Posts: 2,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is Rylan actually leaving BOTs or is BOTs maybe being cancelled?

I could see them running the Rylan talk show straight after BB, Frankly, it's the only way I could see it finding an audience.

Sort of like when Graham Norton used to have BB gossip on ch4 (during the very early series) and sometimes ex housemates on.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan isn't a bad presenter, he will be doing This Morning again next week
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »
    So is Rylan actually leaving BOTs or is BOTs maybe being cancelled?

I could see them running the Rylan talk show straight after BB, Frankly, it's the only way I could see it finding an audience.

Sort of like when Graham Norton used to have BB gossip on ch4 (during the very early series) and sometimes ex housemates on.

I'm sure I read or heard Rylan is fully committed to Big Brother,
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    rylan appeals to a specific viewer...
    it will be very popular in that target audience and utterly unwatchable for anyone else.

but some people like those Clarks Cornish Pasty shoes... each to their own... and people who like Rylan, stay on your own please

I like pasty shoes and Rylan, but I'd have thought Emma had more experience for a chat show?
  • farmer bobfarmer bob Posts: 27,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will he have his big horseteeth in? Imagine him interviewing Telly Savalas :-D
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say well done to Rylan because I never thought he would gain the success he has since the X Factor. He really has done well for himself and he has improved as a presenter, wasn't that impressed when he started.

Rylan is just "IN" now and his personality is what carries him on these shows.
  • Mint-OpinionMint-Opinion Posts: 16,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's going to struggle to get a good calibre of guests.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like pasty shoes and Rylan, but I'd have thought Emma had more experience for a chat show?

Emma is too emotional for a chart show.She gets personal even with hms.Rylan has been better at interviews.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good luck to him.I will be watching.Television needs a Chart show that hosts medium celebs.I dont expect A listers to be on this.
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rylan tweeted a message to journalists not using his married name in the reports about the new chat show... and seemed to link it to being married was allowed these days...

Rylan Clark-Neal @Rylan
    Just a small FYI, to any journos writing about me, there's a - Neal on the end of Clark, I got married. We can do that now. Thank you X

i doubt the media was doing any such slur, i think it was much more a reality check that the media really are not keeping up to date with him. he is not on their radar
  • orangeballoonorangeballoon Posts: 10,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

i agree but she is preggas, she has demand from both itv and bbc for peak hours evening tv... so she is likely too busy, too expensive, has other options. rylan does the gossip segment on itv this morning... hardly her class or price range

rylan has a niche "gimmick" style. and he works damn hard. but that gimmick is not main stream like emma. this chat show sounds more like "c4 have the chatty man gimmick let see what a rylan like gimmick can do" - but he works really hard and uses his niche style to it's fullest. massive respect for that (i just don't think he is very good at interviewing. he screeches, turns to the audience for a whoop! at the wrong time (that should be a device to rescue a dying interview not kill off momentum in the chat) and often does not seem to be able to adapt rehearsed questions to the previous answer. but c5 have more faith in him either appealing to an audience that doesnt notice or he can up his skill for it.
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Rylan tweeted a message to journalists not using his married name in the reports about the new chat show... and seemed to link it to being married was allowed these days...

Rylan Clark-Neal @Rylan
    Just a small FYI, to any journos writing about me, there's a - Neal on the end of Clark, I got married. We can do that now. Thank you X

i doubt the media was doing any such slur, i think it was much more a reality check that the media really are not keeping up to date with him. he is not on their radar

I think they probably just assumed he was going to keep his showbiz name the exact same, because most celebrities do.

He was being a bit over-sensitive.
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity juice tonight rylan is on the panel
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toofy just confirmed on Celebrity Juice, his chat show will be on in the evenings
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,026
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Would imagine his guests will be some of the regular bots faces

Luisa, Vicky Pattison, Charlotte Crosby , Christopher biggins would imagine you can probably add Megan McKenna and most of the Essex circle too
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet as part of the CBB contractual obligations HM's will be automatically booked for Rylan.
  • erin_perin_p Posts: 25,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rylan Clark-Neal's Channel 5 chat show Up Late With Rylan has a confirmed start date.

It's been announced that Rylan's show will start on Monday, May 9 at 11PM on Channel 5 for its first episode.
    http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/258910-rylans-chat-show-late-rylan-start-date-confirmed-may-9.html
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me picky, but I think I will give it a miss ;-)
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SweetSyrup wrote: »

I remember during week 4 of BB4 when Jon, Fed and Cameron were up for a double eviction he said something like "It's time to vote out Jon because the joke's over now"
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Would imagine his guests will be some of the regular bots faces

Luisa, Vicky Pattison, Charlotte Crosby , Christopher biggins would imagine you can probably add Megan McKenna and most of the Essex circle too
    You can guarantee the odious Collins will be on it regularly! :o
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    You can guarantee the odious Collins will be on it regularly! :o

Claire From Steps as well probably
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Jackie Travers dancing ad nauseam ^_^
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    erin_p wrote: »
    Rylan Clark-Neal's Channel 5 chat show Up Late With Rylan has a confirmed start date.

It's been announced that Rylan's show will start on Monday, May 9 at 11PM on Channel 5 for its first episode.
    http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/big-brother/258910-rylans-chat-show-late-rylan-start-date-confirmed-may-9.html
    11pm on a Monday night :eek:

Ratings Scorcher!!!
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    She's another who goes to the opening of an envelope.
    richie4eva wrote: »
    Jackie Travers dancing ad nauseam ^_^
    *shudders* :o
    11pm on a Monday night :eek:

Ratings Scorcher!!!
    *sniggers*
    He's hopeful it'll be so popular it'll get moved to a prime time spot!

That'll give hi a platform to punt his forthcoming book........''it weren't writ by any ghosts, it were me who writ it''. :o