Options

Has anyone gone off Emma Willis?

Jane_Lee3Jane_Lee3 Posts: 1,164
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have.

Can't put my finger on it why. I used to like her, and I used to think she was cute and funny and nice, and did good interviews. But now she comes across somewhat arrogant and like she thinks she is bigger than she actually is.

Not a fan now at all.

Anyone else gone off her?

Comments

• Options
    Ryeboy123Ryeboy123 Posts: 1,085
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    agree the fame has got to her head!
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    never did see the appeal myself
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    I don't see her outside of BB, on other shows or being interviewed etc so can only judge from BB. I went off her during the last few series but this last CBB I liked her again. However, I have not been a fan of the recent series (apart from the latest one) so maybe she was just as bored as I was and therefore lacklustre (although as a presenter she should not let this sway her).

I don't find her as annoying as Davina (BB9-BB11)
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like her imo she is 100% fake.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is a favourite of mine so no i haven't
  • Options
    Cats_EyesCats_Eyes Posts: 20,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see her outside of BB, on other shows or being interviewed etc so can only judge from BB. I went off her during the last few series but this last CBB I liked her again. However, I have not been a fan of the recent series (apart from the latest one) so maybe she was just as bored as I was and therefore lacklustre (although as a presenter she should not let this sway her).

I don't find her as annoying as Davina (BB9-BB11)

Agree with all this but as a fan BB as Emma was at first she too must hate the way the show is now but she has to tow the party line.

And I never liked Davina - full stop - including BB1 to BB8 !
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    Absolutely! She was never the best interviewer but was very likeable and professional until the last couple of years imo.

It doesn't help she now seems to already know and be friends with most of the contestants (even 'regular' BB!).
    Cats_Eyes wrote: »
    Agree with all this but as a fan BB as Emma was at first she too must hate the way the show is now but she has to tow the party line.

Her faked excitement is cringeworthy!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nattoyaki wrote: »
    Absolutely! She was never the best interviewer but was very likeable and professional until the last couple of years imo.

It doesn't help she now seems to already know and be friends with most of the contestants (even 'regular' BB!).

Her faked excitement is cringeworthy!

That is what I said because she has to tow the party line.

She used to be a true fan of the show I feel but the show is so dire now she is forced to fake excitement. It is BB that is "cringeworthy"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    [/B] That is what I said because she has to tow the party line.

She used to be a true fan of the show I feel but the show is so dire now she is forced to fake excitement. It is BB that is "cringeworthy"

Yeah, I got you loud and clear :) I agree she was a superfan (once) and when she presented the spin-off, and for a series or two the main show, that shone through loud and clear, was probably her biggest charm, and her bad interviews weren't such a problem (for me).

I don't like liars and deceivers though full stop, and can smell them a mile away so that's why I added my own opinion on the matter at hand.

She doesn't have to toe the party line, that's her choice, so on her own head be it.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never been a big fan of her to be honest.
  • Options
    icefallicefall Posts: 7,710
    Forum Member
    I have a little bit but it would help to mix it up a bit presenter wise there is only Rylan and Emma now, could do with a third person preferably unknown who is a fan of BB and will stay with the show.
    Just to provide some variety and interest presenter wise as its feeling a bit stale lately.
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I got you loud and clear :) I agree she was a superfan (once) and when she presented the spin-off, and for a series or two the main show, that shone through loud and clear, was probably her biggest charm, and her bad interviews weren't such a problem (for me).

I don't like liars and deceivers though full stop, and can smell them a mile away so that's why I added my own opinion on the matter at hand.

She doesn't have to toe the party line, that's her choice, so on her own head be it.

I agree with your post except your last line. We all have to do things in our everyday jobs that we may not like or agree with but still have to do "to toe the party line" - in presenting you have your boss in your ear literally telling you how to do your job.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/B] Agree with all this but as a fan BB as Emma was at first she too must hate the way the show is now but she has to tow the party line.

I'm not so sure, Davina changed too after a time. Willis has done exactly the same thing. With Davina she became a parody of herself with all her gurning & shouting - which she appears to have continued to do, judging by her performance on The Jump. I actually stopped watching it after the 1st programme because of her! Willis has gone down the 'squeeing' road at the thought of a fauxmance & doesn't appear to be the uberfan she once was, I get the impression it's just yet another job to her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with your post except your last line. We all have to do things in our everyday jobs that we may not like or agree with but still have to do "to toe the party line" - in presenting you have your boss in your ear literally telling you how to do your job.

Yes of course we do and that is what I meant by "tow in the party line " and Emma is no different which is why I feel she will leave soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scots rool wrote: »
    I'm not so sure, Davina changed too after a time. Willis has done exactly the same thing. With Davina she became a parody of herself with all her gurning & shouting - which she appears to have continued to do, judging by her performance on The Jump. I actually stopped watching it after the 1st programme because of her! Willis has gone down the 'squeeing' road at the thought of a fauxmance & doesn't appear to be the uberfan she once was, I get the impression it's just yet another job to her.

But that is true of all of them is'nt - including Dermot ?

He jumped ship when he got a better job - and I don't blame him either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes of course we do and that is what I meant by "tow in the party line " and Emma is no different which is why I feel she will leave soon.

Well, I'd quit myself, but we're all different :) I agree she'll leave very soon - whether she gets a better offer, her contract runs out, or she can't bear to fake it anymore!
  • Options
    SG87SG87 Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »

I think she genuinely used to be a huge fan of the show and at one point it was her dream job. But I do think she has also become as disillusioned as a lot of the long term fans have, so now she just does it for money. There is a huge difference when she presents BB and CBB. She seems to enjoy CBB much more.

I don't mind her on programmes outside of BB, she comes across really well, but O find her irritating on normal BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I'd quit myself, but we're all different :) I agree she'll leave very soon - whether she gets a better offer, her contract runs out, or she can't bear to fake it anymore!

Very commendable if you are in a situation to do so.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [/B]

But that is true of all of them is'nt - including Dermot ?

He jumped ship when he got a better job - and I don't blame him either
    Dermot changed when he also became a producer of this programme.
    SG87 wrote: »
    I think she genuinely used to be a huge fan of the show and at one point it was her dream job. But I do think she has also become as disillusioned as a lot of the long term fans have, so now she just does it for money. There is a huge difference when she presents BB and CBB. She seems to enjoy CBB much more.

I don't mind her on programmes outside of BB, she comes across really well, but O find her irritating on normal BB.
    I've only watched maybe 20 minutes in total of all the SOTS, & quite frankly I wouldn't have thought being involved in that programme would look particularly good on anyone's CV! :o
  • Options
    bluegroperbluegroper Posts: 11,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I like her and think she is the best BB host since Davina. :)
  • Options
    NerdNerd Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I don't like the way she treated Winston. Davina would have been like, I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. Emma was in full Gestapo interrogation mode.
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was never on Emma Willis, to go off her. :D

I dunno she always reminded me of David Bowie, and err, like she was above her station in life.

I think just like that bore Rylan, Emma has become big-headed.

I could take her or leave her, and if she quit BB next month I seriously wouldn't care. NOT as long as Rylan didn't become the host. Can't stand him.
  • Options
    johnanjohnan Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was never on Emma Willis, to go off her. :D

I dunno she always reminded me of David Bowie, and err, like she was above her station in life.

I think just like that bore Rylan, Emma has become big-headed.

I could take her or leave her, and if she quit BB next month I seriously wouldn't care. NOT as long as Rylan didn't become the host. Can't stand him.

I find myself agreeing with much of what you say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nerd wrote: »
    I don't like the way she treated Winston. Davina would have been like, I disagree but you're entitled to your opinion. Emma was in full Gestapo interrogation mode.

He got what he deserved imo
  • Options
    CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emma is the nicest person on TV :)