The Apprentice up for a BAFTA.....VOTE NOW!

Hi, im currently interning at BAFTA and thought I would just let you all know....
The BAFTA Television awards take place Sunday the 26th of April.

This year you can vote for your favourite television programme of 2008 in the Philips Audience Award.

The Philips Audience Award is for the Best Programme of 2008. It is the only Award to be voted for by the public and the winner will be announced at the British Academy Television Awards on Sunday 26 April.

Six programmes that captured the public's imagination in 2008 have been shortlisted by a panel of media experts, and 'The Apprentice' is one of them!

The programmes shortlisted are....

- THE APPRENTICE
- CORONATION STREET
- OUTNUMBERED
- SKINS
- WALLANDER
- X FACTOR

As part of the Philips Audience Award we're giving you the opportunity to win a state-of-the art Philips 42" Ambilight TV or an Official Nominee Gift Bag.

To enter the draw, simply cast your vote for your favourite programme of 2008.

This year you can vote via Phone, Text or Online. Details of how to vote via phone and text are at http://www.bafta.org/philips-audience-award-t&cs.html

To vote online simply head to www.bafta.org/philipsaudienceaward to vote now!

Cheers!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I'll vote for Wallander right away
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who the hell drew up that shortlist?

I've only watched one of those programmes and only heard of half of them.

Talk about a stitch up!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Tern wrote: »
    Who the hell drew up that shortlist?

I've only watched one of those programmes and only heard of half of them.

Which haven't you heard of? Everyone knows Corrie and the X Factor, I assume you've heard of the Apprentice :D, Skins is massive (although crap), Outnumbered was on Comic Relief and is a great sitcom, so that only leaves Wallander which is a brilliant detective show with Kenneth Brannagh.

I'll admit to not watching them, but I've seen the all at least once, and Wallander is by far the best
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hadn't heard of the later three (although I had heard that KB was going to make a detective series).

I don't really get that much time to watch TV - I seem to spend more time talking about it! :)