Nasn

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    theman wrote: »
    Thanks all - Phoned CS for a third time & told I would lose it but two days later I haven't - They were adamant I won't have to pay for it though.

Is someone from Virgin watching?

That was the same thing they told me as well.

I am going to keep an eye on my next bill very carefully.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I have subscribed to NASN since it was first available on NTL. I had to pay £15 last year when the price was hiked because NASN became part of Setanta.

All has been rosy until this evening, when NASN vanished:eek: After 45 minutes on the phone being batted between faults & customer service, I was informed that it had been disconnected. Why? I never asked to cancel the sub.

Finally I got CS to re activate it and I was told it is now £8 per month. God knows why they cut me off. I wonder what my next bill will look like.

I really wonder sometimes if they have any idea how to operate a cable TV company.

Oh, I long for the days of Cable & Wireless & even NTL.

Yve
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was hoping NASN would be part of the Setanta deal given that NASN is owned by Setanta. Was disappointed to find that it isn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    RadiorobFM wrote: »
    I was hoping NASN would be part of the Setanta deal given that NASN is owned by Setanta. Was disappointed to find that it isn't.

Setanta have actually sold it to ESPN
  • MFKR78MFKR78 Posts: 1,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a bit dissapointed for the same reason and to be honest I don't see that it adds up.

Now don't get me wrong I am over the moon that with being an XL customer, I now get 6 Setanta channels for free (I had looked longlingly at the football planned on it and thought I couldn't pay £10 extra for it, then got a pleasant surprise!) but it seems to me that you then lose out on the NASN if you want it.

I'd love to add NASN but I don't see how it's right that as an XL customer, which Virgin would obviously love everybody to be, you get Setanta for free and pay £8 for NASN, but M and L customers get the whole lot for £8. Surely that means XL customers are being ripped off?

Again I appreciate the free Setanta channels but for anyone on XL interested in NASN it's a terrible deal for obvious reasons! I thought XL customers were given good deals because they pay out the most.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MFKR78 wrote: »
    I was a bit dissapointed for the same reason and to be honest I don't see that it adds up.

Now don't get me wrong I am over the moon that with being an XL customer, I now get 6 Setanta channels for free (I had looked longlingly at the football planned on it and thought I couldn't pay £10 extra for it, then got a pleasant surprise!) but it seems to me that you then lose out on the NASN if you want it.

I'd love to add NASN but I don't see how it's right that as an XL customer, which Virgin would obviously love everybody to be, you get Setanta for free and pay £8 for NASN, but M and L customers get the whole lot for £8. Surely that means XL customers are being ripped off?

Again I appreciate the free Setanta channels but for anyone on XL interested in NASN it's a terrible deal for obvious reasons! I thought XL customers were given good deals because they pay out the most.

It does seem rather odd. If one takes the price for NASN away from the 'normal' Pay-TV price for the Setanta package, then it values the remaining 6 channels at £1.99 :confused: That can't be right, and suggests a hefty markup being applied (or beancounters stamping their feet!).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    rossmor32 wrote: »
    I don't think that's actually correct to be honest. I have subscribed to Setanta since it's started on Telewest and it always been a subs service and NASN was always a seperate subs channel.

I have always paid around £13 - £15pm for Setanta and it was only in the last year that NASN got added and the price went up £1 to £15pm.

Before that you paid £14pm for the Setanta channels on their own and another £10pm if you wanted NASN.

Also when Telewest was on it's own the switches went through within 5m nevermind having to wait 4 hrs. Speaking as an ex Telewest customer the service went well downhill when they got involved with NTL and then further downhill when the company became VM.

It takes the same time to add a channel as it did with Telewest. Anything with the Telephone can take 24 hours. TV or Broadband normally changes stright away but sometime can take longer. if the changes are done at the same time as as the telephone then it would take 24 hours. The reason the staff quote 24 hours is because thats the longest it could possibley take. If your told 24 hours and it comes on within 5 mins your going to be happy, If your told within 2 hours and it takes 3 your going to be back on the phone compaining that it hasn't come on. So make sence really.

And as for saying telewest has gone down hill. Do you not realise its the same computer system, the same staff. Infact Customer care is still split exTelewest and exNTL. and don't forget the two companies merged long before they changed the name
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's probably why it's still bloody awful service on the whole then. Because nothing and nobody has changed. For a moment even I was taken in to how Virgin may well change the terrible name that NTL had gotten themselves. Now it's exactly the same if not worse...on a customer service and billing standpoint I mean, not the channels and whatnot.

And then of course, there's the indian call centre, whom I refuse to speak to seeing as none of them can even understand the most basic request from me, and I can't understand them. I now find myself having to disconnect every time I get "John" in india and go through the whole process again until I get someone in this country.
  • stevendale123stevendale123 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I sent a email to VM as soon as I found out that NASN wasn't free.
    I'm writing to say what I think about the price of NASN on the XL TV package. As you know Setanta was added for free to XL customers but NASN was not included. For me to add the channel it would be £8 per month for one channel.
    But if I was on the lower TV packages (M & L) and I wanted NASN it would be £8 a month but I would get an extra 6 channels with it. So why is it that on the XL package you need to pay for NASN when the lower package get it included. It should be included in the XL package or in the VIP package or a few pounds per month not a whole £8 as it would be a better deal for me to go on the lower package as I would get the Setanta package with NASN for £8 but I cant as I'm on the VIP package which you need XL TV package to be on the VIP package.
    I think £8 is a ridiculous price for the one channel as I just want the NHL and it is stated on the virgin media website that it will be £15 after a year, but doesn’t give detailed information about what XL customers would have to pay does it mean that XL will lose the Setanta channels after a year and people will have to pay £15 again or is it just for the lower packages, but if that is true that means just for NASN you want £15 on the XL package £8 is bad enough but £15 is outrageous.
    Heres the reply I got.
    Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting Virgin Media about NASN channel.

First of all, please accept our sincere apologies for unavailability of
    NASN channel in TV size XL.
    Unfortunately due to some reasons associated with making the other six
    channels free, we can't avoid you losing NASN. But all you need to do
    is give us a call and we'll subscribe you for the cost of £8 a month for
    1 year. This is due to contractual reasons.

Kind regards,

xxxxx xxxxx
    The Customer Concern Team
    Virgin Media
    Not happy with the reply. When the NHL season starts i will phone and see if I can get a deal.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately due to some reasons associated with making the other six channels free

I'm glad they cleared that up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read: We don't have a clue why this is and really can't be bothered to take the time to figure it out or ask questions, so please be happy with what you've got or give us the £8 and stop grumbling!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Setanta have actually sold it to ESPN

Didn't realise that. Shame as it would have been good to have had NASN as part of the package but I may subscribe to it if I get rid of Sky Sports whose price I can't really justify anymore. However NASN still has a nightly slot on Setanta 1 so there must be some tie-up between the two.
  • jklm13jklm13 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    I m still receiving NASN, I am also definately not paying for it as my latest bill proves. I even queried it with CS and she confirmed that NASN is not part of my billing. So for the time being I am keeping shtum.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    jklm13 wrote: »
    I m still receiving NASN, I am also definately not paying for it as my latest bill proves. I even queried it with CS and she confirmed that NASN is not part of my billing. So for the time being I am keeping shtum.

That's good to read, as I was dreading my next bill with NASN on it having phoned up earlier in the month to cancel, and being assured I wasn't paying for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I think someone at a particular advertising department of a particular company has realised that some of you do not like Virgin Media and are advertising at a certain area if you catch my drift:

Nudge, Nudge Wink Wink, SAY NO MORE!:D
  • stevendale123stevendale123 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jklm13 wrote: »

what TV package you on?