Popbitch suggests that Matt Cardle was more Matt Girdle

Comments

• MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member
    Steroids can bloat your face and trunk but rarely when they're given in the short term as in Matt's case (I'm a nurse).

I've just seen Matt perform live and he looks very slight to me, underweight if anything.

Remember that TV cameras tend to make people look heavier (and taller) than they are in real life. He was probably really skinny at his earlier auditions.

The teenage girls in the audience near me at Whiteleys were raving about his looks so I'd say he's probably looking alright at the moment.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    MarellaK wrote: »

The teenage girls in the audience near me at Whiteleys were raving about his looks so I'd say he's probably looking alright at the moment.

Yeah and middle-aged women still throw their pants at Tom Jones.
  • minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]The problem for me is that Cardle was sold to us as a sex symbol [/B]when clearly that was nothing but an Emperor's New Clothes scenario. I'm sure people liked his voice and then found him attractive. Fair enough. But that is different to him being intrinsically gorgeous (which he clearly isn't).

Im not sure he has been...if anything hes been sold as the average dude in the street..he has a lot of male fans,something
    your bona fide male sex symbols like Enrique dont have.
    I think Matt would chuckle at being perceived as a sex symbol.
    thats not what hes about after all.
    Forum Member
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Im not sure he has been...

Dannii Mingoe never tired of telling us.
  • MarellaKMarellaK Posts: 5,783
    Forum Member

:confused:
    Sorry, don't get the comparison.

Matt is attractive to lots of women and young girls but accept he's not to your taste.

I was stating that he does not look bloated or overweight in real life, quite the opposite.
  • SunnySunshineSunnySunshine Posts: 5,399
    Forum Member
    1. Most women find attractive men attractive.

True. But how do you know what most women find attractive is exactly the same as what you find attractive?

My tall, blonde, gorgeous, part time model, teenage niece says a man needs to be be kind, intelligent and funny - in that order to be attractive to her.

Every bloke hits on her and that's her sorting system.

It doesn't sound as if it's very similar to yours. :D
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MarellaK wrote: »
    :confused:
    Sorry, don't get the comparison.

Matt is attractive to lots of women and young girls but accept he's not to your taste.

I was stating that he does not look bloated or overweight in real life, quite the opposite.

Yep and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

What have middle aged women got to do with the teenaged women like Matt;)?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't dislike Matt with any venom at all. I just don't think that there is anything about him - looks, personality or talent - that is anything more than average.

People are attracted to people for different reasons as I am sure you are aware of. However just because I did not find a person attractive it does not stop others finding that person extremely attractive. Each to their own.;)
    Well as for talent that he does however that is my opinon and you obviously don't agree;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    Im not sure he has been...if anything hes been sold as the average dude in the street..he has a lot of male fans,something
    your bona fide male sex symbols like Enrique dont have.
    I think Matt would chuckle at being perceived as a sex symbol.
    thats not what hes about after all.

Your right he is just an ordinary bloke and that is what is so attractive - he is not hyped up he is just himself.;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    William Shatner wears a girdle.
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member
    "So, Tracy, what first attracted you to the winner of the £1 million pound recording contract on X Factor 2010"

Funny how 450 000 odd were on there before he won then :rolleyes:... what you dont seem to understand is that theres more to attractiveness for many/most than looking like a male model. Its a bit more complicated than that.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NightFalls wrote: »
    Well let's hope none of your relatives doesn't get cancer, would you like it if forum members took the piss, go and get a life!!!

Real nice. Really nice. My uncle had lung cancer, one of my friends had cancer.

I wasn't taking the p out of your condition sorry. I was just trying to add some levity to the situation. It was you who brought your personal issues into this.

People are here to discuss what they want about Matt, I actually thought some of the comments were pretty funny, the fact that you reduced it down to illness is crazy.

And in your statement it seems you are wishing I or my family memebers got cancer. Thanks for that. No really thanks,
  • Mona LocaMona Loca Posts: 583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    liz83 wrote: »
    Funny how 450 000 odd were on there before he won then :rolleyes:... what you dont seem to understand is that theres more to attractiveness for many/most than looking like a male model. Its a bit more complicated than that.

Very true if you know the person.
  • FlohFloh Posts: 4,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Men have a secret pullstring located at the base of the spine. It is useful for retracting unwanted erections in emergencies but has to be used sparingly as it depletes health.

I think this is up there amongst the funniest things I've ever read. Or perhaps it's just early? Thank you. You'll be here all week, I hope?
    Forum Member
    Mona Loca wrote: »
    Very true if you know the person.

And even if you dont.:)
    Forum Member
    liz83 wrote: »
    theres more to attractiveness for many/most than looking like a male model.

Yeah, a big fat wallet.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, a big fat wallet.

If you say so sweetheart:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I approve :eek: :)

I find him more attractive when he's in a suit.

But then, I have a thing for men in suits in general, so each to their own! :D

PS - I'm really pleased the XF dropped the sob stories this year and just let Matt do his thing. He would have been a producer's dream just last year so it's a blessing that someone saw sense and allowed the contestants to get on with performing, which is how the XF and other talent shows should always be.
  • HotasfireHotasfire Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    Anyone who thinks that Matt needed a GIRDLE needs to watch his x factor tan video........Sorry...a guy with that body/back/guns has no need for a Girdle;)

I genuinely thought that he was messing with his mike pack on the stage......but now i think it was a combo of nerves/pain.

The guy has tonsilitus and a chest infection.....They can be pretty painful.....I got da feeling his back was hurting him....i could be wrong though:o

Girdle/no girdle.....He's HOT!!!
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    2nd thoughts

Not sure how safe fb is tbh.
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Floh wrote: »
    I think this is up there amongst the funniest things I've ever read. Or perhaps it's just early? Thank you. You'll be here all week, I hope?

Just early, probably.

(But thanks :))
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannii Mingoe never tired of telling us.

I hope that was a typo.:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    So it is official then "Matt Curdle wears a Girdle":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    William Shatner wears a girdle.

:eek::eek::D:D