Why isn't Simon Cowel on BGMT?

premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm at a loss to why he isn't appearing, it's only five more bloody minutes on camera.
Obviously he isn't nipping out for a **** (as said on the main thread), people bring him them.
To me it shows contempt for the spin-off show in my opinion, but dunno why!
Any ideas? This is still a part of his show.

P.S.

Please don't eat me alive, this is my first thread.

Comments

• shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe he's too busy behind the scenes. I'm sure he'll make an appearance in the final BGMT
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry not buying that, I'm sure he could spare a few minutes, for Christs sake it's BGT not the Cuban missile crisis.

Like him or loathe him if he was answering Jo publics questions on BGMT ratings would be higher.

Seems like he's lost his voice.
  • MysteriousOzMysteriousOz Posts: 6,230
    Forum Member
    I think he feels he is better than that, which we all know is not true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ADHD?

Attention Dec, Holdens deluded.
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    premixxed wrote: »
    I'm at a loss to why he isn't appearing, it's only five more bloody minutes on camera.
    Obviously he isn't nipping out for a **** (as said on the main thread), people bring him them.

P.S.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this, that he holds contempt for it. He feels he's done enough appearing in the main show and nips out for a **** rather than spend an extra 5 minutes on camera.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My.....crappy conclusion is that the producers are clashing.

I honestly think that SC is afraid of the punters questtions, even though they are vetted a loose cannon can sneak through with a voice question.

This is all supposition.
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

P.S.

Maybe he thinks the others wouldn't get a look in with the viewers questions, if he was there they'd probably all want to speak to him.

He is a chain smoker though, I remember on Xtra Factor he always had a pack of **** in his hand.

People can't bring him them, he'd still have to go outside to smoke them wouldn't he?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Bet he was lanquishing in his bathtub watching cartoons :D
  • tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be he doesnt want anyone to question him on the Book and its contents
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Dannii is backstage.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,963
    Forum Member

I honestly think that SC is afraid of the punters questtions, even though they are vetted a loose cannon can sneak through with a voice question.

This is all supposition.
    True, someone got through to the panel and had a go at Katie Weasel a couple of years ago on X Factor didn't they? It was Louis who defended her.
  • C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He usually has appeared on the spinoff shows in the past, with occasional absences, but he's probably just busy. I'd imagine he racks up a few missed calls during the show - it's office hours in LA (FOX upfronts on Monday and deals being finalised for XF US) and print deadlines for London tabloids.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive only ever seen Simon do the Xtra Factor
  • cezzycezzy Posts: 4,840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KieranDS wrote: »
    Maybe Dannii is backstage.

Good one!
  • KingsyKingsy Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first night my immediate thought was he needed to go and find out how the digital agency who did the mobile app voting had so spectacularly cocked it up.

Second night though he disappeared again so I'm at a loss.
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kingsy wrote: »
    The first night my immediate thought was he needed to go and find out how the digital agency who did the mobile app voting had so spectacularly cocked it up.

Second night though he disappeared again so I'm at a loss.

I do think it comes down to a refusal to leave himself open to some unexpected comment or question from the public which could be embarrassing or awkward, especially with David Walliams still in the vicinity.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cooperone wrote: »
    Ive only ever seen Simon do the Xtra Factor

He has been on the live More Talent live shows before. He was last year where he had to dodge the Cheryl Cole bullet.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »
    I do think it comes down to a refusal to leave himself open to some unexpected comment or question from the public which could be embarrassing or awkward, especially with David Walliams still in the vicinity.

i agree, like how he managed it 11 times a night with Alicia Douvall :p
  • Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is he??
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be a work to rule thing.

Strike strike strike
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    conchie wrote: »

I'm sure the callers are screened before being let loose on air. Even then, Im pretty sure theres a delay so any offensive material can easily be cut off or edited out.

Walliams is much more of a loose cannon. Despite signing a 2 yr contract I wouldnt be surprised if he is not back next season.

My favourite judge this season is Alicia by far. Love her cackles when a funny act comes on :)

If they need to get rid of one judge, it has to be Amanda. She adds nothing, and her fake tears just add to the already fake surgery she's had done.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    If I were one of the other judges I would be insulted too.

He is too good for BGMT but I'm low enough.

I have also noticed Simon mention more this series that "It's MY show" and "I can do what I want, it's MY show" - He isn't even attempting to hide his own ego now.
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member

This is all supposition.

I'd love to go on the phone pretending to want to ask David a question about where he gets his suits from and then once on air say "Simon, Why do you pretend that the judges vote isn't all arranged and that you know the phone result and so know when you can leave it up to the phone vote as it matches what you wanted anyway?"