Madonna Appreciation Thread (Part 8)

Comments

• gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    She must be sad about the break up with Brahim. She posted on instagram "The only way we know we love ourselves and the people in our life is by the agreements we are willing to make and keep.":(

People assume that it wasn't serious because he was younger but I think she did care for him because they did date a few years.
    I don't think she should get back with Sean. It's good they can be friends not but I don't like his macho violent abusive side. I'm not as big on him as some other Madonna fans.

yeah, the age thing wasn't really the reason why i doubted her seriousness towards that relationship, it was more to do with the little she said about him and their time together. when she was with sean or guy, you could tell she was deeply involved from the things that she said and the chemistry between them. i didn't really see that with brahim or jesus.

i think some fans think of sean as her one true love and just want a happy ending for her. personally, i think her priorities have changed and her kids are now far more important to her than anything else. its funny, because i remember when she married guy, my dad said it would never last and i just thought he was being bitchy, because he's never like her.:blush: however, he later elaborated and said that didn't believe she was ever over sean, so it was interesting to hear that from someone with limited interest in her or her love live.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    yeah, the age thing wasn't really the reason why i doubted her seriousness towards that relationship, it was more to do with the little she said about him and their time together. when she was with sean or guy, you could tell she was deeply involved from the things that she said and the chemistry between them. i didn't really see that with brahim or jesus.

Really? Madonna's never been the type of person who talks too much about her relationships in the media. She tends to keep things pretty private which I respect. If she commented on Sean and Guy it was because the media asked about them and was curious about them because they were celebrities in their own right with careers in the entertainment business. Brahim and Jesus weren't famous so the press wouldn't really ask about them. They are lots of pictures of her with Brahim who you can see the chemistry as well as on the MDNA tour. I think Madonna is an old fashioned girl in a lot of ways. She puts her whole heart into relationships and isn't with someone unless she genuinely cares for them. Unfortunately, that can lead to feeling betrayed and let down when the relationship ends as her instagram post implies. I'm the same way!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Madonna's never been the type of person who talks too much about her relationships in the media. She tends to keep things pretty private which I respect. If she commented on Sean and Guy it was because the media asked about them and was curious about them because they were celebrities in their own right with careers in the entertainment business. Brahim and Jesus weren't famous so the press wouldn't really ask about them. They are lots of pictures of her with Brahim who you can see the chemistry as well as on the MDNA tour. I think Madonna is an old fashioned girl in a lot of ways. She puts her whole heart into relationships and isn't with someone unless she genuinely cares for them.

the media is always interested in her relationships, regardless of the celebrity status of anyone linked to her. madonna no doubt has a lot of control over what questions she'll answer, but they're always asking her about her kids for instance and the kids aren't famous in the way sean or guy are. she dedicated an album to sean and guy was heavily featured in the "i am because we are" documentary. madonna made the decision to share these insights into her private life and the media played no part in instigating either scenario.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    I can't believe MDNA is almost 2 years old, it still feels so fresh to me, the sound of it....Madonna may not have put her all into the album in terms of work because I know at the time of recording she was focused on the movie but she definitely has an ear for sounds that are ahead of their time.

In so many ways YEAH! i have come to lvoe the MDNA album more and mroeso...while i wish a couple more months were spent o nthe album to really ensure a cohesive flow perhaps....the themes on the album and styles and lyrics and productions came fro ma eprsonal and dark place as well as a more happier realm too.

and i have come to love that and in time it has gotten much better than i gave it credit for...i mean sure some songs wer eleft o nthe cutting room floor for a few years...but Madonna found them and shook lyrics up and productions up.

Across MDNA we had - Dance/Techno/Rave/EDM prominance, we had FOlktronica elements, Retro Pop/Pop Rock, allusions to New Wave/Synthpop as well as Trip Hop/Electronica and Some Urban undertones too...and what i loved was it was a total cooking pot of ideas and thouvhts an styles...and i ADORED that each song...feels like TWO, the way the productions mixed it up halfway through a song...as if through a journey...like i love how angrier gang bang gets and how "high" Im Addicted gets i love that Superstar goes from euphoric power pop to a more sonic/edm vibe, Love Spent is a perfect example of how the techniue works and makes you wish it were on for longer too.

Yeah...MDNA has hlped me a lot recently in a year where most "Pop" has been disappointing (i love ARTPOP, and Britney Jean is a decent album too) here came Madonna effortlessly creating a very focused and dark disco album that is both contemporary in vibe and ahead of its years on trends that happened only recently. And that deserves praise in itself :)

Im Addicted
    Love Spent
    gang bang
    Beautiful Killer
    Masterpiece
    Im a Sinner

all potential MASSIVE hits to have happened but alas never did happen....sad to say...could imagine beautiful videos to them...anyways.

As for Penn...while its nice and nostalgiac to see them both together...the main thing i loved about them was that the bitter divorce/trials in their love inspried my favourite album of all time in Like a Prayer :D:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In so many ways YEAH! i have come to lvoe the MDNA album more and mroeso...while i wish a couple more months were spent o nthe album to really ensure a cohesive flow perhaps....the themes on the album and styles and lyrics and productions came fro ma eprsonal and dark place as well as a more happier realm too.

and i have come to love that and in time it has gotten much better than i gave it credit for...i mean sure some songs wer eleft o nthe cutting room floor for a few years...but Madonna found them and shook lyrics up and productions up.

Across MDNA we had - Dance/Techno/Rave/EDM prominance, we had FOlktronica elements, Retro Pop/Pop Rock, allusions to New Wave/Synthpop as well as Trip Hop/Electronica and Some Urban undertones too...and what i loved was it was a total cooking pot of ideas and thouvhts an styles...and i ADORED that each song...feels like TWO, the way the productions mixed it up halfway through a song...as if through a journey...like i love how angrier gang bang gets and how "high" Im Addicted gets i love that Superstar goes from euphoric power pop to a more sonic/edm vibe, Love Spent is a perfect example of how the techniue works and makes you wish it were on for longer too.

Yeah...MDNA has hlped me a lot recently in a year where most "Pop" has been disappointing (i love ARTPOP, and Britney Jean is a decent album too) here came Madonna effortlessly creating a very focused and dark disco album that is both contemporary in vibe and ahead of its years on trends that happened only recently. And that deserves praise in itself :)

Im Addicted
    Love Spent
    gang bang
    Beautiful Killer
    Masterpiece
    Im a Sinner

all potential MASSIVE hits to have happened but alas never did happen....sad to say...could imagine beautiful videos to them...anyways.

As for Penn...while its nice and nostalgiac to see them both together...the main thing i loved about them was that the bitter divorce/trials in their love inspried my favourite album of all time in Like a Prayer :D:cool:

Glad you warmed to MDNA. I loved it immediately. For me, Hard Candy was something I needed to warm up to like you with MDNA. But I feel that is she's going to try a different direction on the next album, incorporating some soul and R&B grooves would be the way to go. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm loving the Beyonce album. I would love to see Madonna do a visual album like that. It could combine her love for directing and visuals with the music. But I'd like to see her do a storyline unlike Beyonce which is just videos unconnected. I like how Beyonce combines R&B with electro on the album as well as some good ballads. She worked with Pharell and Frank Ocean. I could see Madonna some similiar R&B grooves on the record. Never been a Beyonce fan, but I think she blew all the other pop divas out of the water with this release. It's much above Lady Gaga, Britney and Katy Perry for me. It's a little bit different from the music I normally like, but that's good for me to get into something a little out of my taste zone. I love MDNA but I do think on the next record Madonna needs to step outside of just electronica/dance/disco even though she does that well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YEAH gigi i am not a massive Bey fan either but i feel she has done the best of ehr career by a landsldie...doesnt even sound like "her" i lvoe it the ELectro/R&B/Futuristic feel...very old skool and forward thinking and will be a trendsetting style.

It is funny imention ideas on here and then another artist does it...like the idea of a film and incorporating new music if Madonna driected it...and the idea of incorporating Quiet Storm elements into album 13 and working with Frank Ocean (and Beth Ditto as the other duettist) it is cool though :).

But i would adore it if Madonna really pushed forward...apparently Sean Penn and Pat Leonard are meeting with M before Xmas...and orbit has been teasing "Drowned World" imagery and he said "hmmm, i did wonder what Leonard was doing recently...just throwing it out there" so like...huh!?! wow....could they be? no....audio aural orgy?? hmmm hells yeah!

Would adore it if these rumours/hints are true :)...plus if M dials up Daft Punk...it could be a really distorted/funk/soul/sonic album...would lvoe that i do sense/feel that direction...like Confessions elements with Erotica and LAP vibes and pushing to Marvin/Motown vibes and moving forward...would be intriguing and cool and very Madonna to mesh styles/sounds as one...would adore to see what she does with it.

Also my two top albums of 2013 have been Daft Punks and Arcade Fire and i adored Reflektor (AFs album) dual CD format and telling a story yet each song having its own shape and identity...i do love that idea too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    apparently Sean Penn and Pat Leonard are meeting with M before Xmas...

i don't believe a word of it, not until i hear it from the horse's mouth or guy oseary. alternatively, i would accept words from the acclaimed journalist and trusted madonna confidante sabrina o'connor. if she chose to spills the beans.;-)

oh wait, it seems sabrina is actually partly responsible for these latest rumours.:D

"Madonna really wants to record another album like "I'm Breathless," which was a side-project type of album that was inspired by her role in the movie "Dick Tracy."

honestly, you couldn't make this s**t up.:D well it seems, "sabrina" already has.:blush:
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the media is always interested in her relationships, regardless of the celebrity status of anyone linked to her. madonna no doubt has a lot of control over what questions she'll answer, but they're always asking her about her kids for instance and the kids aren't famous in the way sean or guy are. she dedicated an album to sean and guy was heavily featured in the "i am because we are" documentary. madonna made the decision to share these insights into her private life and the media played no part in instigating either scenario.

Agree with this. When Madonna was with Guy you could tell she was madly in love and adored being Mrs Richie. Remember the Mr and Mrs Richie jackets they wore to a premier one time? :D
  • Chris MarkChris Mark Posts: 4,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her days of topping the singles charts may well be over, but not that it matters. She'll remain the most successful female artist of all time for the foreseeable future, I can't see any of today's acts getting close to selling 300 million records.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YEAH gigi i am not a massive Bey fan either but i feel she has done the best of ehr career by a landsldie...doesnt even sound like "her" i lvoe it the ELectro/R&B/Futuristic feel...very old skool and forward thinking and will be a trendsetting style.

It is funny imention ideas on here and then another artist does it...like the idea of a film and incorporating new music if Madonna driected it...and the idea of incorporating Quiet Storm elements into album 13 and working with Frank Ocean (and Beth Ditto as the other duettist) it is cool though :).

But i would adore it if Madonna really pushed forward...apparently Sean Penn and Pat Leonard are meeting with M before Xmas...and orbit has been teasing "Drowned World" imagery and he said "hmmm, i did wonder what Leonard was doing recently...just throwing it out there" so like...huh!?! wow....could they be? no....audio aural orgy?? hmmm hells yeah!

Would adore it if these rumours/hints are true :)...plus if M dials up Daft Punk...it could be a really distorted/funk/soul/sonic album...would lvoe that i do sense/feel that direction...like Confessions elements with Erotica and LAP vibes and pushing to Marvin/Motown vibes and moving forward...would be intriguing and cool and very Madonna to mesh styles/sounds as one...would adore to see what she does with it.

Also my two top albums of 2013 have been Daft Punks and Arcade Fire and i adored Reflektor (AFs album) dual CD format and telling a story yet each song having its own shape and identity...i do love that idea too.

Yes, I really want her to do something with Daft Punk! I know some fans are against it since they are well known, but I think it would be amazing. I feel some type of R&B/Motown influence would be the best alternative non-dance direction for her. I love rock and indie music, but I don't feel that type of music suits her voice very well.
    Love the Arcade Fire album. I know it got some criticism from the rock purists who don't like its use of electronics, but I love that kind of eclecticism in music.
    Josh, did you hear the horrible news about Blood Orange/Dev Hynes? His apartment in the East Village of NYC had a fire and he lost everything he had and his dog was killed. It really is truly awful. My heart goes out to him.

I also think it would be interesting if Madonna incorporated some orchestral stuff in her next album, but in a pop/electronic way, not a classical way.
    I love this singer called EMA who sort of does that. She had an album a couple of years ago called Past Life Martyred Saints. I thought she had left the business but she has this new amazing single called Satellites.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WItFIhNzAww
    I wouldn't mind if Madonna did something like this. It's wild!
    Definitely worth checking out!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with this. When Madonna was with Guy you could tell she was madly in love and adored being Mrs Richie. Remember the Mr and Mrs Richie jackets they wore to a premier one time? :D

I hated that whole Mrs. Ritchie thing. It seemed like she was giving up her identity. It seemed like that was something he was pushing her into because he was threatened by her fame and success. I didn't see Guy wearing a jacket that said Mr. Madonna. I don't feel he let her be herself. People criticize her younger dates but when she was dating them she was more herself and seemed more relaxed. Love doesn't mean sacrificing who you are. A good partner lets you be your best self, not his little wife.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hated that whole Mrs. Ritchie thing. It seemed like she was giving up her identity. It seemed like that was something he was pushing her into because he was threatened by her fame and success. I didn't see Guy wearing a jacket that said Mr. Madonna. I don't feel he let her be herself. People criticize her younger dates but when she was dating them she was more herself and seemed more relaxed. Love doesn't mean sacrificing who you are. A good partner lets you be your best self, not his little wife.

or alternatively, it was merely just a bit of fun for the both of them and was not meant to be over analysed.:D besides, he was quite comfortable wearing a t-shirt promoting her work, while she wore a top promoting his work back in the good old days.

some people may criticise her choices romantically, but i disagree about her looking more relaxed in recent relationships. the earlier pictures of guy and madonna together shows them both evidently at ease and relaxed with one another.
  • RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I liked the Guy Ritchie//Madonna pairing, she suited him more than she did Sean and I loved her in the Mrs Ritchie jacket! I also liked when they promoted each other's projects (her Music album and his film,Snatch), I do think he did restrict her raunchy dressing at times though, I remember him complaining about a see through top Madonna wore as he didn't like her to show her 'raspberry ripples'!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i think guy gets a bum rap amongst some of the fans to be honest and i also think they were a better pairing compared to her marriage with penn. of course, its all just speculation, guesses and there aren't any right or wrong answers when it comes to discussion like this, but the pictures throughout guy and madonna's relationship speaks volumes to me personally.

ultimately the marriage failed and that is sad when children are involved, but it takes two people to make a marriage work and usually it takes two people to end one. she might have loved his alleged possessive side at one stage during the marriage, but later resent him for the very same reason, who knows?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think guy gets a bum rap amongst some of the fans to be honest and i also think they were a better pairing compared to her marriage with penn. of course, its all just speculation, guesses and there aren't any right or wrong answers when it comes to discussion like this, but the pictures throughout guy and madonna's relationship speaks volumes to me personally.

ultimately the marriage failed and that is sad when children are involved, but it takes two people to make a marriage work and usually it takes two people to end one. she might have loved his alleged possessive side at one stage during the marriage, but later resent him for the very same reason, who knows?

If fans have a negative view of Guy, I think it's coming from some of the lyrics on MDNA and some of the imagery on the tour. There seems to be a lot of anger on that album. Songs like Gang Bang, I Don't Give A (which takes about her having to swallow her light) and Love Spent. LAP which was released around her divorce from Sean seemed more sad than angry. I don't think he's all bad and I agree it takes two, but Madonna did seem angry through her work so I think that's why fans may have a negative view of him. I think he did get a bum rap when people accused him of being homophobic though, but I think he was kind of possessive and overly macho.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If fans have a negative view of Guy, I think it's coming from some of the lyrics on MDNA and some of the imagery on the tour. There seems to be a lot of anger on that album. Songs like Gang Bang, I Don't Give A (which takes about her having to swallow her light) and Love Spent. LAP which was released around her divorce from Sean seemed more sad than angry. I don't think he's all bad and I agree it takes two, but Madonna did seem angry through her work so I think that's why fans may have a negative view of him. I think he did get a bum rap when people accused him of being homophobic though, but I think he was kind of possessive and overly macho.

i think "till death do us part" is both equally angry and sad lyrically to be honest, but i do agree there are far more references that could be connected to guy on both "hard candy" and "mdna". in some ways, i think she cared and loved guy more deeply than ever before, because i honestly had never seen her happier than she seemed with him. all that silly business with the t shirts and the "mrs ritchie" jacket was so unlike her, but it was so good to see her opening herself up like that. personally, i didn't see it as her losing her own identity, but her embracing married life with someone who she saw as her equal.

unfortunately, anger is a common emotion associated with separation, because all too often there is a fine line between love and hate. i suspect there were aspects to guy that madonna was initially attracted too, but as time went by, she found those aspects impossible to deal with. who knows what actually happened and in some ways "mdna" left me more confused, if anything. aside from the angry tones, there seemed to be a genuine sense of loss on "best friend" and she seems to accept the mistakes she made in the break up scenario described on "i f***ed up".

wasn't christopher instrumental in the rumours about guy being homophobic? i seem to remember he wrote openly about that in his book, but i think the whole book was exaggerated to be honest. a happy account of christopher's relationship with madonna was hardly going to be of much interest to publishers and he was clearly motivated by financial gain. i don't know how seriously i took those allegations, all things considered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I really want her to do something with Daft Punk! I know some fans are against it since they are well known, but I think it would be amazing. I feel some type of R&B/Motown influence would be the best alternative non-dance direction for her. I love rock and indie music, but I don't feel that type of music suits her voice very well.
    Love the Arcade Fire album. I know it got some criticism from the rock purists who don't like its use of electronics, but I love that kind of eclecticism in music.
    Josh, did you hear the horrible news about Blood Orange/Dev Hynes? His apartment in the East Village of NYC had a fire and he lost everything he had and his dog was killed. It really is truly awful. My heart goes out to him.

I also think it would be interesting if Madonna incorporated some orchestral stuff in her next album, but in a pop/electronic way, not a classical way.
    I love this singer called EMA who sort of does that. She had an album a couple of years ago called Past Life Martyred Saints. I thought she had left the business but she has this new amazing single called Satellites.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WItFIhNzAww
    I wouldn't mind if Madonna did something like this. It's wild!
    Definitely worth checking out!

Yeah i had heard about it, horrible poor guy...cute pup too :/....named his album after it

love Dev Hynes <3....woul so very much love them to work together :)...please please please hehe.

I remember when he posted the Bad girl video a couple times on his FB page :)...once as a credit to the SOlange song he worked with her on and again later this year :)...epic...maybe a hint.

I know Orbit has had hints himself too for Leonard...and M has hinted she would love to work with Daft Punk...M/B.Orange/Orbit/Leonard/D.Punk....combined? would be a dream.

And as said...like Arcade Fire a 2CD conceptualised album with married together visuals (a la how she teased the RELOVEUTION) would be insane...Beyonce has shown this structure can work...geurilla marketing structure, word of mouth, instant launch would really work...Daft Punk, Kanye and Arcade have done it this year too :) would adore it.

Direct her own film...put her new album music in the film...launch it...woah...well i can dream but for a massive era/music stats/awareness it would be a sublime way to do it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as for relationships i cannot comment as i dont know... all i know is that Ritchie wasnt as broadcasted or as media centric as the Penns situation...so there is way more mystery elements there...but hey it inspired some of her best material ever...and ireckon reuniting and reunions in general motivate her a lot too...which i agree with.

ANd EMA gigi remind me a lot of Siouxsie Sioux and her Banshees <3 very trippy electro i like it :)....like SIouxsie for the Tumblr generation...slick!
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Mark wrote: »
    Her days of topping the singles charts may well be over, but not that it matters. She'll remain the most successful female artist of all time for the foreseeable future, I can't see any of today's acts getting close to selling 300 million records.

Absolutely, if she never has another hit again it doesn't matter because she has achieved more than everyone. From now on she will always get 'she's too old, she's an heritage act, her record is nothing compared to ROL' but who cares because she's the best ever and has the records and stats to prove it:) I think the bitter Gaga fans are lining up and ready to maul her to make themselves feel a bit better about her latest record being a messy disaster
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna went to Beyonce's concert. On instagram, she posted a picture of Beyonce kissing her daughter Mercy. That really touched me since I really like Beyonce's new album. So sweet.

http://instagram.com/p/iIWIFpmERy/

Also Madonna posted this art by Tracy Emin who is one of my favourite artists.

http://instagram.com/p/iHgpnNmEYB/

Her Instagram is so cool!
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    its been a long kept secret that these two are very close friends via Mrs C Martin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna is fresh and cool tbh...i mean her Instagram posts, social media use is so damn on point....i am surprised at the lack of "likes" on her FB...but whatever to it.

And i love that she is still here and really pushing it out there.

And yeah gigi...i find it funny...funny peculiar that as soon as Beyonce does uality music (for me anyway) Madonna is raving about her...even though they have met before...i rememebr pre-2012 people said Madonna and Beyonce rarely see each other/speak of each other (particularly M of Bey)...when i know she wanted her for the MTV performance in 2003...(and P!nk too before Xtina) so yeah its been a quiet friendship :) but lovely to see the mutual love the past year.

As for her status..like RIhanna recently said "there will never be another Madonna"....which basically is the truth forevermore....and iwish people would get that into their skulls...sometimes another artist will remind me of Madonna either intentional or not....but Madonna does it ALL the time...and iadore that...some people "get her" others dont.

And what i love is every album she has done you cannot deny that on some level it is great be it a favourite or not...it doesnt matter...i mean controversially True Blue is my least fave Madonna album alongside Bedtime Stories...you know? and i love MDNA and listen to Hard Candy a lot...just showcases variation really :). And i lvoe that.

And i never want her to repeat and do a ROL 2.0 or COADF 2.0 or LAP 2.0...sure allude to it maybe but never try and do the same...as that is why they are landmark pieces of music ....i long fo album 13 to really push forard a new area of music...Bey is doing wonders with it....lets see M push it in a different way :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHeck out this cover of LUVVIN by Drop The DIsco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QrrOXkUeic#t=196
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Madonna was on SNL last night, the video will be up later on YT. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2013/12/22/madonnas-surprise-appearance-on-saturday-night-live-full-video/

So funny, always great to see ehr so relaxed...so damn funny!....really hope that she hosts her won when she is promoting her next album would be insane <3 tis a dream...maybe more likely...but what a real surprise :) so cool!

A friend posted on WIlliam Orbit page saying how much he would love Madonna to go back to Classic Madonna sounds on True Blue, Like a Prayer, Erotica and Ray of Light albums....and would love Leonard, Bray, Daft Punk and him (Orbit) on an album...and WIlliam Orbit replied to him saying "we shall see"

:D i have an inkling....i dont wanna hype it...but i just have feels.