Options

Nasn

After being told by CS (VIRGIN MEDIA) on the 26th of July that the NASN channel would be removed automatically on the 1st of August from the Setanta Sports pack, I had to phone CS this morning too have it removed.

The fella was very helpful and said my account would be credited next month by £12. :mad:

So anyone who has NASN and does`nt want it, better phone them up or they will be CHARGED for it. :mad:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    I had to do much the same thing.

First of all when i phone they always tell me i don't have an account with VM for some reason which is ridculous in it's itself as i have been a customer for 13 years. I have to go through this hassle everytime i call.:rolleyes:

I am not sure why they ask for your address and postcode first instead of your account number.

Then i get told i don't actually have NASN when i am sitting in front of the TV watching it while i am on the phone.

Then i am told i am not paying for it and it will be removed within the next 24hrs.

It seems a bit of a shambles at VM at the moment and it doesn't seem like the CS are being kept up to date with all the technical problems that seem to be happening.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rossmor32 wrote: »
    I am not sure why they ask for your address and postcode first instead of your account number.

I have to say that I almost always get asked for my account number first.
    It seems a bit of a shambles at VM at the moment and it doesn't seem like the CS are being kept up to date with all the technical problems that seem to be happening.

I rang today to order NASN, still waiting for it to be switched on, they did say it could take up to 24 hours, but it never used to before we (ex NTL) were joined with ex Telewest. Things normally went through within 4 hours.

Anyway, I asked for confirmtion on something I had seen on hear, the fact that NASN would go to £15 pm after a year. This was confirmed, along withe the following explanation

- The Setanta pack charge £15 pm(pre XL addition) was simply for NASN, the other channels came for free along with it. The current £8 pm NASN charge is a 1 year promotion, and in a year it will go to its normal price of £15pm.

Hell of a lot for 1 channel.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, I asked for confirmtion on something I had seen on hear, the fact that NASN would go to £15 pm after a year. This was confirmed, along withe the following explanation

- The Setanta pack charge £15 pm(pre XL addition) was simply for NASN, the other channels came for free along with it. The current £8 pm NASN charge is a 1 year promotion, and in a year it will go to its normal price of £15pm.

One thing I've learned, from both here and personal experience, is that some CS agents will actually make stuff up if they don't know the answer!

This £15 thing has been brought up a number of times though, so I think an official answer is required from Virgin. Anyone here with access/contacts in Virgin Media who would like to take up the chalice? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    sebastion wrote: »
    After being told by CS (VIRGIN MEDIA) on the 26th of July that the NASN channel would be removed automatically on the 1st of August from the Setanta Sports pack, I had to phone CS this morning too have it removed.

The fella was very helpful and said my account would be credited next month by £12. :mad:

So anyone who has NASN and does`nt want it, better phone them up or they will be CHARGED for it. :mad:

So, sorry, have you had it removed yet? I've phoned twice, said I've got NASN & that I don't want it. I'm told 1) I won't be charged 2) It will be removed. Days later it's still there!
    Should I be worried?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I laugh at the fact that some people are trying to cancel NASN and i can't even get it added to my channels despite 4 calls to CS and 3 to TV faults.

My latest attempt was tonight when i called to order at 5PM and CS couldn't help me, got a ring back at 7 to say " No problem, the channel will take 5 or 10 minutes to activate" then a 30 minute call on hold at 9pm to TV faults to ask what the problem was. The guy was stumped and now i have to wait up to 2 days for a next level tech to give me a ring back.

This is the 4th attempt to subscribe to NASN since last Thursday when we got the setanta channels, and each time have got a different answer each time ranging from "no problem, we'll be delighted to sign you up" to "we have no record of your phone call signing up to NASN" to " even though we said we could sign you up today (26/07/07) you actually have to wait intil 1st August."

I'm seriously thinking VM actually don't want my business anymore, i mean how hard should it be to add extra channels? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    theman wrote: »
    So, sorry, have you had it removed yet? I've phoned twice, said I've got NASN & that I don't want it. I'm told 1) I won't be charged 2) It will be removed. Days later it's still there!
    Should I be worried?

Hi theman...... I was still on the phone too CS when it was REMOVED.

Regards too your service, i would phone them back as i had been told that i would get a refund :confused: .....a refund for a service that they told me on the 26th July, which would be automatically removed.

And where they get the £12 i don`t know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi theman...... I was still on the phone too CS when it was REMOVED.

Regards too your service, i would phone them back as i had been told that i would get a refund :confused: .....a refund for a service that they told me on the 26th July, which would be automatically removed.

And where they get the £12 i don`t know.

balance of current month plus a month in advance ? Only guessing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Still no NASN after asking for it to be added yesterday.

Rang up CS who told me it was showing as active on my account. They put me through to Faults.

After being on hold for 18 minutes I was greeted (I think) by someone who was barely fluent in English.

After explaining my problem he then asked me if it was a movie channel !?!?!?!. I explained that it was a sports channel, he then asked which Sky Sports number !?!?!?!?!?!

After putting me on hold AGAIN he came back to tell me it is an area fault and that it could take up to 4/5 days to resolve!!!

Im more likely to believe that he just couldnt be bloody bothered trying to sort it out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    hmm, well VM TV faults tech phoned up while i was at work and told the missus that they were having a problem with NASN subscriptions and would be unable to subscribe me until it was resolved but didn't know when it would be resolved.

Of course, she said no problem, take as long as you want, he'll only be watching it when corrie and eastenders is on :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still have NASN tonight despite numerous attempts to get rid of it and being advised yesterday that it would be off within 24hrs.

Don't get me wrong if i am not paying for it i am quite happy for it to stay on my service how ever i don't want to be paying £15pm or even £8pm for it. I have already been wrongly charged £15 for August for the Satan TV channels and i don't want it to happen on September's bill as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I don't think that's actually correct to be honest. I have subscribed to Setanta since it's started on Telewest and it always been a subs service and NASN was always a seperate subs channel.

I have always paid around £13 - £15pm for Setanta and it was only in the last year that NASN got added and the price went up £1 to £15pm.

Before that you paid £14pm for the Setanta channels on their own and another £10pm if you wanted NASN.

Also when Telewest was on it's own the switches went through within 5m nevermind having to wait 4 hrs. Speaking as an ex Telewest customer the service went well downhill when they got involved with NTL and then further downhill when the company became VM.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rossmor32 wrote: »
    I don't think that's actually correct to be honest. I have subscribed to Setanta since it's started on Telewest and it always been a subs service and NASN was always a seperate subs channel.

I have always paid around £13 - £15pm for Setanta and it was only in the last year that NASN got added and the price went up £1 to £15pm.

Before that you paid £14pm for the Setanta channels on their own and another £10pm if you wanted NASN.

Also when Telewest was on it's own the switches went through within 5m nevermind having to wait 4 hrs. Speaking as an ex Telewest customer the service went well downhill when they got involved with NTL and then further downhill when the company became VM.

EX tW I know nASN was £10 and setanta was I think about £12 before they were merged.

I can't beleive the £15 was purely for NASN and suspect that this is just another opinion represented as fact
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then it it CS opinion and not mine.

But I will add this.

It costs £8 now for NASN on XL
    It costs £8 now for NASN & Setanta on M & L packages.

What is the value of the Setanta channels to M & L customers? £0.

By the way, I still dont have NASN either.
  • Options
    Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Bugger. I was subscribing to Setanta before it became free to XL customers. So this means I'll now be paying £8 for NASN, a a channel I'm not particularly bothered about....

Apologies if I'm missing this but do Virgin ever advertise these kind of changes? The first I hear about most of these things is on DS!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then it it CS opinion and not mine.

But I will add this.

It costs £8 now for NASN on XL
    It costs £8 now for NASN & Setanta on M & L packages.

What is the value of the Setanta channels to M & L customers? £0.

By the way, I still dont have NASN either.

It's only worth nothing if you want NASN anyway and prepared to pay £8 for that

for someone who does not want NASN can't go to VM and say I want setanta without NASN for Nowt

The "real" position is the price has dropped from £15 to £8 for setanta for all packages but the XL will get a different package with setanta only for £0
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bugger. I was subscribing to Setanta before it became free to XL customers. So this means I'll now be paying £8 for NASN, a a channel I'm not particularly bothered about....

Apologies if I'm missing this but do Virgin ever advertise these kind of changes? The first I hear about most of these things is on DS!

website, newspaper adds and most newspapers carried the deals in relation to setanta. I'll give you it did not make the nine o'clock news :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's only worth nothing if you want NASN anyway and prepared to pay £8 for that

for someone who does not want NASN can't go to VM and say I want setanta without NASN for Nowt

The "real" position is the price has dropped from £15 to £8 for setanta for all packages but the XL will get a different package with setanta only for £0

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

I dont think we are disagreeing just presenting the same facts in slightly different ways

The opinion part in the previous post was not aimed at you per se more about a general willingness of people to present opinions as fact ("He who is no longer with us" but maybe is if you look closely! was ggod at such posts)

The facts are the current prices now (and I think that the NASN should have been priced at a £/viewer irrespective of its package (M,L or XL). I suspect that the inclusion in the M and L is more to avoid the shouts of price increase from some quarters! I think it is a major own goal and may actually mean some people may stay at L rather than go to XL as intended.

The opinions is where it will be in twelve months time. I cant see an individual channel being valued at £15 by itselfwithout significant loss of customers for a non mainstream channel and the inclusion of setanta on the XL has been quoted by vM as a long standing offering not a year only gimmick! .......... but we know that executives have short memories and the use of the "unforeseeable circumstances" is often used

I sorry to hear about your NASN. I made sure that it was rolled over before the 26th by calling CS in advance and am now glad I did. I watch it mainly for the NHL which makes football look even more like fairy chasing a pigs bladder (forest supporter disillussioned:( :( ) then I saw Australian rules football which makes rugby and NFL look like kindergarten hopscotch!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, no worries dood. I know where you are coming from.

And NASN is now on for me :D:D

Watched NFL Total Access before. :D:D
  • Options
    Mimizuku no LewMimizuku no Lew Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We also lost NASN after getting CS to re-add it on Wednesday. There was still no sign of it when I got home this evening so I called CS again who removed it and re-added it and it's showing up after a reboot. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member

I was thinking the same thing, but received a letter from VM today about it.

(woo first post)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rapheous wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing, but received a letter from VM today about it.

(woo first post)

did you have a postman!:D
  • Options
    hammohammo Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so do VIP package holders have to pay £8 then to have NASN:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hammo wrote: »
    so do VIP package holders have to pay £8 then to have NASN:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes I suppose in the same way that if they wanted setanta before they paid £15
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Thanks all - Phoned CS for a third time & told I would lose it but two days later I haven't - They were adamant I won't have to pay for it though.

Is someone from Virgin watching?