Options

Robin Hood Season Finale 29th December 2007

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    niloc wrote: »
    I take it the blonde actress being referred to is a doctor's daughter? Will be interested to see how they work that one.

I assumed this was someone having a joke about the old series 'Robin of Sherwood', where Robin (Michael Praed) died and was replaced by the blond son of a famous actor, ie Jason Connery, son of Sean.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeanDS wrote: »
    I thought so too, I thought he would die an heroic death saving his old pals. I also then thought Carter would replace him, once I saw him, how wrong I was!

Bold move killing Marion though. Next series I think we may see Robin chasing around after Guy. I kind of think that the third series will be the last and it will be written with a conclusion in mind. It seems as though this series was written with a sort of conclusion, maybe this was all done just in case a third series was not commisioned?

TBH i was getting a bit fed up of the way the whole Guy/Robin/Marion thing was being written - it was becoming rather tedious. However, I am not sure how they are going to support another series given Marion - one of the main legends has died - and there is no way in hell that Robin will not be out for Guy's blood next series which means if he doesn't kill him off in the first couple of episodes then it becomes even more daft than it is already. They managed to explain away the fact that no one seems willing to kill the Sherrif (with the whole armies coming to destroy Nottingham) but explaining away the fact that Robin doesn't do away with the person who viciously killed the love of his life will imo be impossible. As such I wonder whether there will be another series.

As for going all the way to the holy land to warn Richard - who blythely carries on with his Holy war rather than coming home to protect his own people is truely idiotic. I know he was gone from England for years in reality, but I mean the story for this was idiotic, putting the characters in a sand pit and going through all that for not alot at the end of it.

I enjoyed the first series of Robin Hood but have felt that this second series has lacked consistency and clarity - and now this ending is imo beyond stupid. If the actress playing Marion wanted to leave then just put in another one - would we have cared? Now without a Marion to hold it together Robin will just become even more of a "Boys own" character charging through the woods "not" killing people. I struggled to think of him as a particularly sexual character as it was - but at least the existence of Marion made that belief possible. Without a love interest he will just become even more asexual.

Perhaps there won't be a thrid series - but if not then just end it in a good cliched way with everyone living happily ever after. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    Perhaps there won't be a third series - but if not then just end it in a good cliched way with everyone living happily ever after. :rolleyes:

BBC continuity (announcer) tonight confirmed there would be a series 3
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In an interview with FHM Lucy Griffiths said she had signed for S3 - don't know if that was a smoke-screen, or whether we will be treated to her 'ghost' or a 'figment of Robin's mind' speaking to him incarnation.

Sucks, regardless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    BBC continuity (announcer) tonight confirmed there would be a series 3

OK thanks - I had turned off in disgust by that bit. :D

Well in that case I await with interest as to just how pointless that will become without Marion. Not a huge fan of the current actress playing her - however, imo the four characters who definitely need to be there to create the right tensions are guy, sherrif, robin and Marion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gizmo wrote: »
    In an interview with FHM Lucy Griffiths said she had signed for S3 - don't know if that was a smoke-screen, or whether we will be treated to her 'ghost' or a 'figment of Robin's mind' speaking to him incarnation.

Sucks, regardless.

Don't like either of those ideas - Guy and Robin can hardly be fighting lustilly over a ghost or a figment now can they? :rolleyes:

Maybe the one we saw die tonight was a "marionbot" as opposed to the real Marion - Djaq magiced her into existence as they hadn't stolen enough money that month to afford her plane ticket to the Holy Land. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well knowing these writers, they could do a Bobby Ewing/Dallas reboot and say everything that happened from the tie-up in the desert was a heat hallucination - after all the appearance of Marion and the Sheriff was like a mirage......

They wouldn't dare, would they?
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    It gets worse. I've just seen Guy ask Dawn French to marry him:p

I really enjoyed the final episodes and it's all set up nicely for series 3.
    I did cry when Marion died though. Was very sad :cry:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gizmo wrote: »
    Well knowing these writers, they could do a Bobby Ewing/Dallas reboot and say everything that happened from the tie-up in the desert was a heat hallucination - after all the appearance of Marion and the Sheriff was like a mirage......

They wouldn't dare, would they?

I could live with that *crosses fingers* :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do think they are going to do a resurrection type thing - well it is the Holy Land (as I said before, 3 days and all that!!!) and Djaq and Will will bring her back to England...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Strangely enough, if you visit the imdb site you will find that Harry LLoyd (Will) is making a TV movie about Richard the Lionheart in which Steven Waddington plays Richard, as he did today, but HL plays someone called Lucas. It's being filmed in Morocco. I wonder if those desert scenes were filmed there and the 2 actors doubled up on their roles???

"Heroes and Villains: Richard the Lionheart" (2007) (mini)
    TV mini-series
    Director:Nick Green
    Release Date:2008 (UK) Genre:History
    Cast (Series Credited cast)
    Harry Lloyd ... Lucas
    Steven Waddington ... Richard
    Filming Locations:Morocco
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just caught up with tonights ep and while I'm sad Marian died, Im more sad that Will's left!! :cry: I was saying to my hubby all along that if Will dies I will cry and when he didn't I was like yay he's in the next series and then he said he was staying just to depress me even more!!! :( I also don't like his relationship with Djaq, they just look wrong together imo!

Anyway it was a great ending to the series, I'm glad Guy, Robin & the Sheriff all lived...maybe Robin'll have a new love interest in the next series, after all the Tudors programme strayed from the history books so Robin Hood might follow!
  • Options
    Miffy290580Miffy290580 Posts: 10,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    I do think they are going to do a resurrection type thing - well it is the Holy Land (as I said before, 3 days and all that!!!) and Djaq and Will will bring her back to England...

Oooo yes please! that would be perfect for everyone then! :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blubbed like a three year-old - I had heard they were going to kill off a main character- but Marian??? How daft is that???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    what in gods name has happened to the world!?!

who the hell kills of marian? what are they going to make season3 with? I think they should have just killed everyone off instead :(

jonas is lovely but my god he needs to have a little more emotion over "the love of his life" being killed... i think he maybe needs a reality check seeing as "the king and england" is more important to him...... GET LAID BOY!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yes i cried too, i knew it would so i sent my boyfriend down the pub to leave me to it :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gisbourne reminds me of a dog that has been kicked one too many times. Unfortunately for Marian she happened to be doing the kicking so got bit. It will make for a very dark series three unless they press the reset button.
  • Options
    Mrs FMrs F Posts: 8,232
    Forum Member
    it's got to be Robin out for Gisbourne's blood, that will be very exciting. Saw Gisbourne's killing of Marion as a crime of passion, if he couldnt have her, neither could Robin.

Will Scarlett being in the Holy Land will be interesting, could make for some good storylines, I'm sure he'll be back:D

would be too shallow for Robin to suddenly have another love interest, I vote for Much:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    despite being a huge fan i think season 3 will bite if any of the comments us (the fans) have said following tonights finale... not that the bbc actual care!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Here's my dilemna. My 6 yr old daughter is a mad Robin Hood fan and hasn't seen tonights episode yet. Do we let her see it? - she will be distraught!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nedmundo wrote: »
    Here's my dilemna. My 6 yr old daughter is a mad Robin Hood fan and hasn't seen tonights episode yet. Do we let her see it? - she will be distraught!

I guess you will have to warn her first. As a grown man I was annoyed enough to the extent I wanted to kick the tv screen in - can't remember the last time I felt like that over a program!

They know it's for families this show and usually write it accordingly - this was a shocker.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nedmundo wrote: »

Not trying to be offensive, but I don't think this series of RH was aimed at 6 year old girls. It was always shown after 7pm (except tonight - when ep 12 was nothing special). I suggest you tell her it didn't record part 2 if you don't think she could bear watching Marian die...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. The rest of the series has really been a humorous fantasy - I think that the beeb has over stepped the mark for a show that went out before 9:00pm.
  • Options
    superdoopersuperdooper Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even though I wasn't a huge fan of Marian I am still suprised they killed her off! I thought they'd keep her, Robin, Guy and the Sheriff alive and one of the others would snuff it as they had the whole scene where they were honest with each other. I did enjoy the episode although it had the usual Robin Hood plots where you shouldn't try to over analyse them. I'm not sure quite how series 3 is going to work yet without the plots getting even more far-fetched - I still tune in though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i suppose plenty of people have died in RH before tonights episodes...

i personally, IMO wouldn't let a six year old watch it when as a 25yr old i was crying screaming WTF at my tele!! the choice is yours, you know your daughter not us