Favourite America's Next Top Model cycle?

meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
Forum Member
I've seen alot about how people rate the contestants, but I was just curious how people rate and compare the cycles as a whole? (based on the contestants, eliminations, drama, photoshoots, the winner ect)

I think my order would go like this:
1. Cycle 6
2. Cycle 13
3. Cycle 7
4. Cycle 5
5. Cycle 3
6. Cycle 4
7. Cycle 11
8. Cycle 8
9. Cycle 1
10. Cycle 9 (would have been in my top 4, but the winner seriously undermines the whole cycle)
11. Cycle 2
12. Cycle 12
13. Cycle 10

PS Be careful talking about cycle 14 because it hasn't been shown in the UK yet. ;)

Comments

• magsy56magsy56 Posts: 2,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you on your Top 2 - Danielle was, imo, one of the best in any show and the other contestants made it an entertaining series.

Series 10 is also at the bottom of my list. The contestants were, by and large, boring and predictable - and in the case of Dominique, dare I say it, ugly!!
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, it's difficult because I have so many favourite cycles... my favourite is cycle 4 though, as I loved Kahlen, Naima, Brittany and the hysteria over Michelle's skin disease :D

1. Cycle 4 - favourite girl - Naima/Kahlen
    2. Cycle 12 - favourite girl - Allison
    3. Cycle 13 - favourite girl - Nicole
    4. Cycle 5 - favourite girl - Nicole
    5. Cycle 3 - favourite girl - Amanda/Toccarra
    6. Cycle 6 - favourite girl - Joanie
    7. Cycle 7 - favourite girl - Caridee
    8. Cycle 2 - favourite girl - Mercedes
    9. Cycle 11 - favourite girl - Elina
    10. Cycle 9 - favourite girl - Chantal
    11. Cycle 8 - favourite girl - didn't really like any of them but enjoyable series
    12. Cycle 1 - favourite girl - Elyse
    13. Cycle 14 - favourite girl -
    Raina
    14. Cycle 10 - favourite girl - Anya - really poor cycle though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    1. Cycle 8 - brilliant final 6
    2. Cycle 3 - loved Eva, Yaya and the drama
    3. Cycle 6 - Jade <3
    4. Cycle 10 - Great models
    5. Cycle 13 - Great models
    6. Cycle 7 - Loved the final 2; but this was a strange cycle :P
    7. Cycle 14 -
    Lots of drama; great contestants; not really anyone to root for though
    8. Cycle 5
    9. Cycle 2
    10. Cycle 11
    11. Cycle 4
    12. Cycle 9
    13. Cycle 12
    14. Cycle 1

I think it's hard to compare the first few seasons with the last few. Not only have I not seen the first few in a LONG time; they're completely different shows to what we're used to as well. But I did my best. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    Also, I love how our opinions are all so different! Cycle 8 is easily my favourite cycle - and I love number 10!! Whitney, Anya, Claire were all great characters...Fatima, Katarzyna were interesting, different-looking models...the whole series felt like it had a different dynamic, it was so refreshing after Cycle 9.
  • Terry.RTerry.R Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Cycle 3. Loved it when Eva,The Diva,was dissed by her best friend Ann,in semi-final.( Although it did make everybody feel sorry for her ).

2. Cycle 4. Naima.The only girl that i've liked,thats gone on to win it.

3. Cycle 6. The stunning Mollie Sue (after her make-over).Jade,memorable. Sara,wow! And a great final.

4. Cycle 9. Saleisha was given such harsh treatment, unwarranted imo, by everybody after she'd won.That's why her cycle is in my top 4. Also i thought Heather,asperger syndrome girl, was gorgeous.She was very photogenic.

5.Cycle 2 & Cycle 1. Great villians. Camille in 2. Robin in 1.

6.Cycle 5. Wasn't a fan of Nicole, Nik should of won it.

7.Cycle 13.Sundai got a lot of stick in this cycle.I thought both her and Erin looked great before their make-overs.

8.Cycle.11. Mckey. Looks like a supermodel.

9.Cycle 10. How does a girl who was in the bottom 2 so many times go on to win it? (Whitney).

10.Cycle 12. One stand out girl,Fo.

11. Cycle 7 & 8. Not memorable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just an add-on to my previous post.My favourite girl out of all the cycles,is Norelle-cycle 3,a rare and commanding beauty.

Giselle,cycle 1,Tatiana and Christina,cycle 4 were also easy on the eye. Other memorable moments : Rebecca fainting and also Tyra's meltdown at Rebecca's and Tiffany's elimination,cycle 4.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1. Cycle 6
    Danielle and Joanie made a fantastic final 2 who both would have won other cycles, and actually, all six girls who went overseas deserved it for different reasons. Lots of great photoshoots too. :)

2. Cycle 4
    Has two of my favourite contestants ever in Kahlen and Brittany, and everything about it was going really well until the criminal final decision. I really wanted to like Naima, but she was average throughout whereas Kahlen was consistantly excellent.

3. Cycle 13
    Low on drama, but the awesome contestants got me hooked. Nicole was an absolutely fantastic winner, and on the whole the girls were eliminated in a decent order. Sundai had no right to get as far as she did though, which was a major negative.

4. Cycle 11
    Pretty much the same as Cycle 13 in that the contestants and their photos made up for a fairly dull season. McKey winning was such a refreshing change after a few dud winners in a row, and there were a lot of strong girls.

5. Cycle 7
    I know its not that popular, but I really liked Cycle 7. I cant actually put my finger on why, but it just worked. As much as I liked CariDee, Melrose was superior to her in every way, and deserved to win.

6. Cycle 12
    I really liked this cycle up until the end, but the final three left a lot to be desired. Aminat really went to far, and it frustrated me to see four perfectly good girls get eliminated with lame excuses before her, before they cut her for not being a model. WTF? Allison was awesome, and deserved to win, but I really didnt get Teyona. She was good, but doesnt have anything wow about her. :(

7. Cycle 9
    On the whole it was a pretty good season, and it was my first which always helps, but it didnt have the certain spark that other seasons did. Im not as opposed to Saleisha as a winner as others are, but Jenah really deserved it, and it was so annoying to see the judges turn on her because her personality wasnt "bublegum and rainbows!!!"

8. Cycle 2
    Kind of liked this cycle, but overtime its dropped down my list. On the plus side, the top 4 were all deserving, and although I hated her win at the time, i've come around to Yoanna, and her stunning stunning face.

9. Cycle 3
    I know everyone loves this one, but I dont think its that great. There werent really that many good girls, and Toccara freaking Jones has to be the most overated contestant ever. Eva was a decent winner, but I dont know if she really deserved it. Amanda and Nicole kind of lift it up for me though. :)

10. Cycle 14
    Dont wanna say to much about it, but its not bad, just not one of my faves.

11. Cycle 8
    It had a great winner, and a very good runner up, but this cycle sort of ended my love for top model at the time. Jaslene thoroughly deserved her win and had one of my favourite alltime portfolios, but it was clear she going to win early on, even with Natasha's improvement.

12. Cycle 1
    Its so amateur compared to recent seasons, but its main strength is that its actually about freaking modelling, not Tyra and Miss Jay being stupid. I havent seen this series in a long time, and I think it'd rise much higher if I saw it again.

13. Cycle 5
    Used to be my least favourite, but I saw it a few days ago on Living, and I kind of enjoyed it. I used to despise Nicole as a winner, but I saw the cycle last year, and I suddenly got why shes so great. She didnt deserve to win though, but then again, who did? There was very little competition this year.

14. Cycle 10
    Only cycle I havent actually watched through to the end, because when I heard who won, it just made me sick. So so many unjustified eliminations (Claire, Kat, Anya) and after some pretty good photoshoots, we end up with Whitney, a perfectly likeable girl, but a perfectly average model. If Tyra wanted a plus size girl to win, she should have let Sarah from Cycle 9 win, because she was by far the best plussie. :p
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Cycle 6 for me was just a complete LOL-fest, with Furonda, Jade, Danielle, Nnenna, Joanie, Gina ect. Danielle is my favourite ANTM girl of all time, so confident and talented, and yet completely down-to-earth and endearingly quirky. Great photoshoots, and the quality of the girls work was extremely high.

Cycle 13 was ironic that the short girls brought such alot of talent. Nicole is possibly the most dominant winner of any cycle, but she was like an underdog aswell. It really gave ANTM the kick up the butt it needed.

Cycle 7 I thought was a great cycle. I think the photoshoots are probably the strongest aspect of it. CariDee and Melrose were easily the strongest two, and I'm glad that Melrose did not win. Her attitude was not something I wanted to support and CariDee just had this x-factor to her.

Cycle 5 was great for drama, and was the first cycle where I supported the winner right from the start. I think the girls weren't the strongest models but they were great entertainment.

Cycle 3 is probably the most epic cycle of all, meaning that if you were to write a book on each cycle, cycle 3's would be the longest. Eva was definitely a star but was not the strongest model. I would have had a Yaya/Amanda final 2, with Yaya winning.

Cycle 4 had amazing photoshoots. The main thing that let it down for me was Naima winning. I knew she was interesting but I got the feeling that she would have won no matter what happened in the cycle. My fave girls were Brittany and Kahlen, though Tiffany was hilarious.

Cycle 11 probably had one of the strongest line-ups in model ability. So many great characters like Elina, Marjorie, Analeigh ect. McKey was a good model, but didn't excite me as much as I thought she would, and Samantha shouldn't have got so far in my opinion.

Cycle 8 had some of the best photoshoots ever, though my interest in it dipped during the middle. Jaslene was a great winner, but I almost thought Natasha was going to steal it at the end.

It's unfair to put cycle 1 too low down the list, but it is just so basic and the judges don't seem to know what to do. The judging room was kind of cheap. I wish Elyse had won.

Cycle 9 was a great cycle for the first half, but when girls like Sarah, Lisa and Heather were eliminated, it seriously started annoying me. Jenah was the only girl in the final 4 that deserved to be there, certainly not Saleisha or Bianca, and Chantal was extremely lucky to be there aswell.

Cycle 2 was a great cycle, but it does seem to lack something when I watch it. Yoanna was an okay winner but she almost came off as boring when compared to Shandi, Mercedes, April and Camille.

Cycle 12 never really got going for me. Allison and Celia were the best girls for me, whereas Teyona was just so underwhelming, and Aminat staying around too long was frustrating.

Cycle 10 I didn't actually mind, but on reflection the photoshoots are possibly the weakest, the girls are some of the nastiest, and the eliminations were pretty unbalanced. I liked Whitney, but I didn't actually majorly support anyone, except maybe Lauren but she looked like she wasn't enjoying it at all.
  • Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cycle 13 - Strongest all-round standard of girls I think. Sundai was the only flaw to this season, and maybe it was lacking a bit of drama too.

Cycle 11 - Strong mix of girls and a strong winner. I just wish Lauren-Brie had gone a bit further.

Cycle 14 - Round this really entertaining. Great characters, standard of the girls were so-so.

Cycle 7 - Weak standard of girls overall but I LOVED both CariDee and Melrose and it was quite entertaining. I wish Melrose had won though.

Cycle 8 - The standard was okay. I liked Natasha, but this cycle was kind of forgetable looking back.

Cycle 9 - Generally hated this, though a lot of the girls had potential. I liked Jenah, Victoria, Ebony. So I rank it a bit higher for that.

Cycle 12 - Never really got into this. It was okay, but I never really bought into Allison like others have. Teyona was better but very bland.

Cycle 10 - Very weak. It wasn't so much Whitney winning that bothered me. Though she didn't deserve it - just a very boring and substandard selection of girls.

Not going to judge C1-6 since though I saw them - I saw them much after they aired and never really got into them in the same way.
  • javjamoll84javjamoll84 Posts: 15,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yobaba** wrote: »

Cycle 11 - just wish Lauren-Brie had gone a bit further.

Major agree with that!! Esp how she was generally good except that one photo when she was eliminated! And considering they even said that her hot air balloon was one of the best shots they've had - was miffed when she left!

I also like how in a photoshoot this current cycle the
    Vampire
    one a blogger who recaps said they had the same 'lauren brie' pose in their shot, but of course was slightly different angle.

I would do one but I've only seen 2,9,10,11,12,13 and 14 I think. May just use them but not tonight. I forget a lot of these stuff aswell xD
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw all the cycles so from the ones I watched I loved cycle 13 as my favourite nicole fox won and my other favourite was runner up =).... Loved cycle 4 because of kahlen and I am devastated she lost..... and even more heart broken she's not modelling anymore... I wanted heather to win in her cycle (forgot the cycle was it 9?)... cycle 10 I am happy a plus size model won but there were some better contestants then whitney... Oh and cycle 11 I really really really wanted Majorie or Analeigh to win!!1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to find out what has happened to your favourite contestants once the cameras stopped rolling. This site has it all.
    http://antm411.wordpress.com/

My favourite cycle is Cycle 3. I wanted Eva to win from the get go. I don't think Toccara was over rated. She was good, but I don't think she would have won. It was good to see Yaya being made to eat some humble pie.

Second would have to be Cycle 6. There were lots of strong girls and I could not have called it in the beginning. I loved Danielle and Jade was just too much!

A lot of people seem to overlook Cycle 1. There was so much drama and the original diva - Robyn! I thought it was amazing. I watched the whole season in one day! I think season one was more true to the model industry in making 4 girls share that tiny hotel room and giving them limited resources to attend their go sees in Paris.

Cycle 7 comes fourth. I loved the twins. Some of those had huge egos which got knocked down a peg or two! Anchal and Eugena were really good contestants in that Eugena embraced her colour from the start and Anchal learned how to do so. It was an entertaining series with most of the contestants being deserving bar the awful Monique!
  • bella82bella82 Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    cycle 6- danielle and joanie amazing, mollie sue robbed of final 3, however thought the last 6 were great entertainment
    cycle 4- just loved britney, also kaylen
    cycle 1- was so pure!! adriana and elyse top models
    cycle 2- loved yoanna, shandy, april and mercedes, prob the most potential models of them all
    cycle3- eva great winner, loved nicole, norelle and amanda
    cycle 7- good winner, should have been one of the twins or aj though
    cycle 5- liked nik nore than nicole but worthy winner
    cycle 8- jaslene was the best from the start
    cycle 11- definatly the worthy winner
    cycle 13- worthy winner again
    cycle 12 - should have been alison or celia
    cycle 14- will accept it
    cycle 10- ok it had to happen but anya was robbed
    cycle 9 - totally random, definatly not my top 3 beside jenna

i am a purist when it comes to top model, the first are always the best
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bella82 wrote: »
    cycle 6- danielle and joanie amazing, mollie sue robbed of final 3, however thought the last 6 were great entertainment
    cycle 4- just loved britney, also kaylen
    cycle 1- was so pure!! adriana and elyse top models

cycle 9 - totally random, definatly not my top 3 beside jenna

i am a purist when it comes to top model, the first are always the best

I forgot to mention Mollie Sue. She was stunning and her photos were amazing! I don't know why she was eliminated. Her post ANTM career has been really successful.
  • cherubmattdcherubmattd Posts: 13,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cycle 10 - great mix of characters and a nice, yet bitchy winner
    Cycle 11 - loved Amsterdam and most of the contestants. Was the first cycle I watched too :)
    Cycle 7 - Caridee, ignorant Monique and the fun made this season really good.
    Cycle 8 - liked it alot, loved Jaslene as the winner.
    Cycle 12 - 1 word - Celia. Great season, loved the house in NYC and the judges were on top form.
    Cycle 3 - Eva the Diva, Yaya etc. My best memory was 'RESPECTO, it means respect in Portuguese' :p
    Cycle 6 - great villain in Jade and one of my favourite winners, Danielle
    Cycle 5 - loved the house, the destination, Lisa and Kim :)
    Cycle 14 - hated the international destination, but most of the people were nice enough.
    Cycle 2 - just a nice house, apart from Camille :D
    Cycle 13 - crap destination, boring people, boring winner.
    Cycle 4 - forgettable
    Cycle 9 - boring
    Cycle 1 - compared to the earlier cycles, it was dull.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I havent watched them all but from the ones i have...

Cycle 7: easily my favorite, I dont understand why it isn't memorable to some people, although its opinion i guess. Im thinking about it all.the.time ( not good in a maths GCSE! :p) although in my opinion one of the twins, preferably michelle, should have been in the final. I dont get the whole Caridee being amazing thing :/ i thought she was a bit average...

Cycle 13: SUCH a strong season, i wanted Nicole to win so i was happy about that but i would have been happy to see Laura, Erin, Jennifer or Brittany win, all were amazing! Agree thay Sundai was the weak link and really shouldn't have stayed longer than Brittany and Kara...but thats life :P

Cycle 10: All i can say is Allison was robbed. It made me so sad :'(

Cycle 9: A pretty meh season to be honest, Heather should win, although I'm sure hanging around here i will find out soon if she did lol before i get there :P. Victoria should have gotten further than she did, although i do see how she didn't come across very well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've completely changed my opinion about cycle 7. Having not watched it for years.All i remembered about it the first time around, was that there were 2 blondes in the final (and one of them being a right bitch , Melrose) and that there were a pair of nondescript twins.
    With all the threads about the old cycles, i made an effort of watching cycle 7 again.
    In terms of the photo shoots, the tasks,the interaction of Tyra and the girls throughout..This cycle,IMO,was one of the best, with Melrose being one of my favourite girls of all time. Her enthusiasm and her smile was so infectious.Her runway walk in the final was brilliant.And i thought that Caridee intentionally stepped on her dress during the showdown on the catwalk.

At the beginning of the cycle, Melrose may of been a bit overbearing.But she shouldn't of been treated the way she was, by some of the other girls.

I'm glad she got to the final (which she should of won ).And i hope she is doing brilliantly now.( Preferably in the fashion world.)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Haven't ranked the cycles in a while, so bumping up this thread to do it. ;)

1. Cycle 6
    2. Cycle 13
    3. Cycle 8
    4. Cycle 7
    5. Cycle 5
    6. Cycle 11
    7. Cycle 3
    8. Cycle 4
    9. Cycle 15
    10. Cycle 9
    11. Cycle 1
    12. Cycle 16
    13. Cycle 2
    14. Cycle 12
    15. Cycle 10
    16. Cycle 17: All-stars
    17. Cycle 14

Cycle 18 so far...........
    would probably be around 10th/11th as although it's quite cheesy, I am enjoying it so far. Of course we're only halfway through and sometimes the biggest influence over a cycle is who makes it far/overseas and who wins.

The biggest rise since my last list is cycle 8, watching it recently it really is a strong cycle, some of the best photoshoot themes and entertaining girls.

The bottom four are my clear least fave.