Options

Saturday Night TV - Where has it gone wrong?

2»

Comments

• Options
    kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Takeaway is TV for the plebs.

What do you mean by plebs? It is difficult to comment on your sweeping generalisation until you explain who you mean.

I assume in order to make that comment, you've watched it:rolleyes:
  • Options
    JeeooorghhhbbbJeeooorghhhbbb Posts: 490
    Forum Member
    Takeaway is TV for the plebs.

What a ridiculous statement. It's harmless family-friendly entertainment for a Saturday night. What exactly is non-plebeian TV?
  • Options
    Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    I never watch 'Live TV' anymore (apart from my two soaps - Emmerdale and Corrie). I pre-record loads of programmes from daytime to evening throughout the week. I then choose what to watch when I want to! If there's anything left at the weekend - I watch the rest (whilst I'm recording new things!).
    I'm not a TV addict by the way,,,, :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair it is 2 weeks till Easter, which commonly (I know mainly for BBC One) a complete weekend overhaul with new shows left right and centre. They are just filling up the schedules with whatever they can so that when the new shows come out everyone goes "that's great entertainment" and stays in to watch
  • Options
    Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,406
    Forum Member
    I just watched a documentary on Channel 4 about Nazi sympathisers getting hold of secret documents form the US Embassy at the start of WW2.
    Mrs Brown's Boys is on after Casualty.
    How is that for "Variance"

What do you expect them to schedule on a night with the biggest International Rugby game of the season showing Live ?? With Live games you have to schedule filler and repeats around ,in case anything happened, like crowd trouble or lights failure or a serious injury holding up the game.

I am not going to use this as an excuse to bump an old thread I started called "The Whingers charter", but the OP certainly fufils many categories (TV channels should all be free and only show programmes I like to watch, at times I want to watch them) etc etc
  • Options
    leicslad46leicslad46 Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV seem unwilling to explore alternative avenues away from BGT and Xfactor. Challenge seems to be the channel that i am watching on saturday nights
  • Options
    Irma BuntIrma Bunt Posts: 1,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason there is to tell old people they're still alive.

BBC4 - Yes you get some gems, but it's not to my taste sadly plus I don't get control of the remote of my house thanks to my boyfriend.

Your ageism is a disgrace. Grow up, for goodness sake.

And isn't that line in your second sentence telling? "Not to my taste". Perhaps when you do grow up, you'll understand it isn't all about you...