Whoever is in charge of billing at Virgin Media needs firing!

lalalala Posts: 21,175
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Boy oh boy. This needs some explaining so here I go:

I'm currently on their base broadband package with phone- So I should be charged at £14.50 a month. However, when I logged online and checked my bills since February of this year, I was being charged (excluding phone calls and landline) £16.15 for my broadband.

You can imagine my surprise at this, so I naturally phoned virgin to make a complaint about this. At first I was told by the lady on the line that there was a price increase a few months ago and hence the price I was paying. I corrected her by citing THEIR OWN website and the price it has on there.

She then tried to fob me off by saying that the price I was on their website was a promotion for new customers only. I then calmly countered her by saying that there is a promotion on their website- 6 month subscription for £7.25 which then reverts back to £14.50 after that period- So therefore I should be paying £14.50.

She then put me on hold, clearly frustrated that I wasn't believing any of the lies she was spewing, so that she could go and speak to her manager. After what seemed like 10 minutes, she finally got back to me and said that because I had 8 month left on my contract, that they'll be charging me from now on the correct amount and giving me a two pound credit on my next 3 bills for the amount the overcharged me. But the way she said it was as if she was offering me a special offer... Erm no... you are going to be charging me the amount you should have charged me in the first place.

Thieving bastards. If I didn't check up on my bills, then they would have happily carried on overcharging me for a fixed price package! More fool me for trusting that a huge company like virgin would at least charge customers the correct amount each month! Shocking, I've learn't my lesson and will be keeping an eye on my bills.

I mean who the hell is in charge of billing at virgin? Do they not know their own pricing? Idiots!

:mad:

Comments

• R410R410 Posts: 2,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The prices rose at the beginning of February. This is what triggered me to see what Sky could offer me and my subsequent switch to Sky.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    R410 wrote: »
    The prices rose at the beginning of February. This is what triggered me to see what Sky could offer me and my subsequent switch to Sky.

I know they did. I was paying £13 something, I should have been paying £14.50 after the rise... not £16.15! Daylight robbery
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know it is a separate organisation, but I just had a VM Mobile bill for 1 month of £118. A bit of a rant later, reduced to the correct amount of £5.11, but not a sniff of any compensation for trying to steal my money. (The computer seemed to ignore my text allowance for most of the month)
  • BenMcr77BenMcr77 Posts: 6,573
    Forum Member
    lala wrote: »
    If I didn't check up on my bills, then they would have happily carried on overcharging me for a fixed price package! More fool me for trusting that a huge company like virgin would at least charge customers the correct amount each month!
    Prices can vary between old bundles and the ones currently advertised.

So it is quite possible for the same set of services to cost different amounts depending when they were taken out.

However this is correct as you are notified of price changes to the package you are on before it happens so are then able to take action at that point
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have sympathy for you. Virgin don't reduce existing customers' tariff as they do for new. So every so often I have to change package, sometimes it's a downgrade in some areas and other times I end up getting more features for less money. Either way, it's bloody annoying and a never ending battle to try to maintain a reasonable price.

And as to Virgin's annual price rise being way above the rate of inflation...

What it comes down to is that, basically, if you never checked the website, as you did, you could end up paying many 10s of £££ more than newer customers, precisely because Virgin work it that way.

I'd say the guys and gals in billing, far from expecting to be fired, instead look eagerly to their annual bonus!
  • Steven L HunterSteven L Hunter Posts: 10,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Virgins billing to be very bad you never know what you're paying if you take more than one service. I only take one service from them now and I now know the price I pay for it and do t have one of these "bundles".
  • weetomuncherweetomuncher Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    I had to call Virgin for a second consecutive month earlier because we had been overbilled by £73 last month and we were promised a credit for the money and it hadn't been taken off this month's bill. It was resolved eventually but it was all because there had been a mess up after we upgraded our broadband.