Motown week performance show 24/3/11 thursday uk pace

Comments

• DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Paul.....Tracks Of My Tears....

He looks a real star on stage. Like his version.

10/10
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    Here comes Croaky Robinson.
    Yep your smile definitely looks out of place, dude. Look at those pearly whites. :cool:
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a such a camp version of the song Jacob did. OK it was good, but not as good as the judges said. They really are over the top this year, what are they all on?
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what the hell is she wearing?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damanda wrote: »
    Scotty is no Elvis......

I like him but he is one trick and his head is growing, they need to stop blowing smoke up his bum before hit ruins his chances

He's certainly no Elvis but he's the only one out of this sorry lot worth listening to or looking at twice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Naima & expected more - I htink she's in danger of going now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No using that forbidden word Ryan! :p:D

Naima.....Dancing In The Streets....

starts good, jaunty, some body movements...there she goes, African dancing. She has energy.....

10/10 fun times are back, hope she stays. :D

Steven lost for words, then speaks. lol
  • TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naima isn't the best singer but I think she has probably the best stage presence!
  • DamandaDamanda Posts: 34,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought Niama was bloody brilliant
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pia - 9.5/10 - Now I love the girl, and she smashes it every week. She kept it up this week but I agree with Jennifer (and meglosmurmurs) in that she must do an uptempo. Something like Beyonce's Single Ladies, Sweet Dreams or Crazy In Love would suit her loads, show off her voice as well the fact she can sing anything!

That's just it. She can't sing anything and she can't perform uptempo convincingly. She's Leona with a more run of the mill voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here comes Croaky Robinson.
    Yep your smile definitely looks out of place, dude. Look at those pearly whites. :cool:

I liked him but he is wearing thin.

Did i just hear mad Stevie compare him to Bob Dylan and Willie Nelson...... lawdy lawdy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope next week is rock/metal week. :) Let's allow these peeps to have some fun, seeing if they can command the stage, rather than just sing like a jukebox.

God forbid. The last thing this show needs is the guy who doesn't just think he's already won it but who thinks he's already got a stack full of sales under his belt thinking he has a week to himself. Mind you, he's so average and embarrassingly unaware of how mediocre he is that it could be hilarious.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ibeca wrote: »
    He's certainly no Elvis but he's the only one out of this sorry lot worth listening to or looking at twice.

Well a boy his age trying to raise an eyebrow and singing out of the corner of his mouth to be sexy gives me the creeps.... he's got a good deep country voice.... but i think he's just too old.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    Paul.....Tracks Of My Tears....

He looks a real star on stage. Like his version.

10/10

You are funny :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomStar wrote: »
    Naima isn't the best singer but I think she has probably the best stage presence!

She's the best performer but she doesn't have stage presence. Stage presence isn't about running and jumping the length of the stage. If a performer has presence, they can stand there as still as their microphone stand and have it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well a boy his age trying to raise an eyebrow and singing out of the corner of his mouth to be sexy gives me the creeps.... he's got a good deep country voice.... but i think he's just too old.

Who says he does that deliberately and is trying to be sexy? Scotty doesn't strike me as knowing what sexy means.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's just it. She can't sing anything and she can't perform uptempo convincingly. She's Leona with a more run of the mill voice.

I disagree and I dont know how you can state this as a fact, you might think it but we cant know as we have yet to see her try.

I think she is far superior to leona lewis, who is a very boring performer, I have not liked one song she has released.
  • Flower PotFlower Pot Posts: 16,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    adam lambert wannabe but he'll never be as good
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James.....Living For The City.....

Good stage performance, seems to be enjoying himself. Not bad

9/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who says he does that deliberately and is trying to be sexy? Scotty doesn't strike me as knowing what sexy means.

He does it all on cue like a performing monkey

I agreehe doesnt know sexy, But i suspect he thinks he knows

We wont agree so i shall end my discussion with you here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dix wrote: »
    James.....Living For The City.....

Good stage performance, seems to be enjoying himself. Not bad

9/10

I dont like this guy, he strikes me as a right pratt, but that was very good IMO
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree and I dont know how you can state this as a fact, you might think it but we cant know as we have yet to see her try.

I think she is far superior to leona lewis, who is a very boring performer, I have not liked one song she has released.

Pia attempted uptempo in Hollywood week.

I'm no fan of Leona but you can't compare the two vocally. Pia doesn't come close. Not within a million leagues. There are several other female contestants over the years in AI and other talent shows who have been up there. Pia is as ordinary as a twice before reject should be expected to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont like this guy, he strikes me as a right pratt, but that was very good IMO

He strikes me as a sweetie who is being unfortunately led by the show and the judges (particularly Tyler and his ulterior motive) to think he's far better than he is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flower Pot wrote: »
    adam lambert wannabe but he'll never be as good

Stil laughing at something that was tweeted a couple of weeks ago that James has a big future as an Adam tribute act :D