Artists who spend their time slating other artists

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nah, he didn't just make a few jokes. Did you even see what Example said about Nicki Minaj? He was saying in seriousness he didn't know why she was so popular and cheated her way into getting a career. That's a pretty bitchy allegation to make about someone who is way above his professional level. He said Ke$ha was talentless, a 'bitch' and hired people to be her friends. And then him saying he was 'too cool' to work with Cheryl Cole - I can't stand La Cole but he just sounds shoved up his own arse.

Come off it, if he was a girl and made those comments half of you would be flailing around outraged.
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    stargirl1 wrote: »
    I notice Example only slags off females, so juvenile and a coward.

He's also made jokes about Pitbull and The Wanted, but people always conveniently ignore that because it doesn't suit their argument.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Bettie_Boo wrote: »
    I find Lady Gaga to be the biggest bitch. Its common knowledge in the industry that she uses her best buddie Perez Hilton to be a mouth piece on her behalf.

O RLY?
    Forum Member
    xe2a2 wrote: »
    Nah, he didn't just make a few jokes. Did you even see what Example said about Nicki Minaj? He was saying in seriousness he didn't know why she was so popular and cheated her way into to getting a career. That's a pretty bitchy allegation to make about someone who is way above his professional level. He said Ke$ha was talentless, a 'bitch' and hired people to be her friends. And then him saying he was 'too cool' to work with Cheryl Cole - I can't stand La Cole but he just sounds shoved up his own arse.

Come off it, if he was a girl and made those comments half of you would be flailing around outraged.

Wasn't aware of the Nicki Minaj criticism. That does sound harsh, but I wasn't aware of the context so I can't fully comment - particularly after having seen the interview in which he made those comments about Ke$ha, because he was simply recounting a story in which a model she was with at a club told him she'd been paid to go as Ke$ha's friend. That's slightly different to just saying "Ke$ha's talentless, I bet she has to pay people to be friends with her." Don't remember him calling her a bitch, either, though I could be wrong.

As for the Cheryl Cole thing, he said she makes cheesy pop and he makes 'cool' dance music, so a collaboration wouldn't work. The 'cool' part is debatable, but other than that it's a perfectly reasonable comment to make. He shouldn't feel the need to lie if he's asked something in an interview, though he probably could've been more tactful about it.

Either way, it's the Twitter comments that seem to anger people the most, and they're clearly not to be taken seriously. He takes the piss out of himself more than anyone else, I'm surprised DS aren't reporting "Example slams Example over Twitter".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Example's head is too far up his own ass. He's got all cocky since getting that number one. Dont even know, why the song is completely DIRE
    Forum Member
    EvKyle21 wrote: »
    Example's head is too far up his own ass. He's got all cocky since getting that number one. Dont even know, why the song is completely DIRE

He's always made these comments. So yes, he's cocky, but it's nothing to do with the number one.
  • UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bettie_Boo wrote: »
    I find Lady Gaga to be the biggest bitch. Its common knowledge in the industry that she uses her best buddie Perez Hilton to be a mouth piece on her behalf.

Agree. The perfect example of this was last summer when Perez was in no uncertain terms bullying Christina Aguilera. Christina never once responded to him yet he continued to bait and belittle her in public in his need to defend Lady Gaga. At the time Gaga herself often tweeted telling Perez how much she loved him. :rolleyes: So if she didn't agree with Perez using her name to slander another artist she should have stopped it. Fact she didn't speaks volumes. He was the exact same with Katy Perry when she slagged off Gaga on twitter. He responded back to Katy and within a day Gaga was again tweeting ''much love'' to ''daddy monster'' Perez.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UpInMyFace wrote: »
    Agree. The perfect example of this was last summer when Perez was in no uncertain terms bullying Christina Aguilera. Christina never once responded to him yet he continued to bait and belittle her in public in his need to defend Lady Gaga. At the time Gaga herself often tweeted telling Perez how much she loved him. :rolleyes: So if she didn't agree with Perez using her name to slander another artist she should have stopped it. Fact she didn't speaks volumes. He was the exact same with Katy Perry when she slagged off Gaga on twitter. He responded back to Katy and within a day Gaga was again tweeting ''much love'' to ''daddy monster'' Perez.

Thanks for reminding me of the horrible days of March - June 2010 :(

Still Xtina is WINNER :D
  • The Drunk DietThe Drunk Diet Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    We need to remember that Perez sucks up to people who could get him anywhere and smashes those who are "beneath him" (even though he is bottom of the food chain). Examples being him sucking up to Gaga, him being in the S&M video...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to remember that Perez sucks up to people who could get him anywhere and smashes those who are "beneath him" (even though he is bottom of the food chain). Examples being him sucking up to Gaga, him being in the S&M video...

thats all we need to know :D;)

and yeah i hate that, i was like WTF, he is acting as a dog in her video when this time last year he was mocking her WTF is up wid dat bwooiiii ahha
    Forum Member
    thats all we need to know :D;)

and yeah i hate that, i was like WTF, he is acting as a dog in her video when this time last year he was mocking her WTF is up wid dat bwooiiii ahha

It was meant to signify him being her "bitch" in a joking way, but I wonder if he realizes that he actually is. Rihanna definitely knows he is but I feel sorry for those (like Gaga) who think he's interested in more than their celebrity status.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mariah (with the exception of Beyonce I cannot think of one female singer who is praised for her vocals she has not thrown shade at) and La Roux were the first to come to mind.

Christina, KP, Whitney, GaGa etc. also do it but not anywhere near as badly.
    Forum Member
    There was me thinking Perez was his own (disgusting, moronic) person, entitled to talking about what the hell he wants. He has a bitchy blog that rips into people, it was hardly out of character for him to throw Christina/Katy under the bus, especially considering how obsessed he is with Gaga.

It's completely irrational to assume he was speaking on behalf of her. She is clearly not a bitchy kind of person, she even managed to remain civil when dealing with religious nutcases picketing her show FFS, if she were we'd have seen that rear it's ugly head by now. Katy, Rihanna, Christina etc. can pretend to be nice, but will throw shade no problem. It's the beauty of twitter. Gaga's attitude is very 'I don't give a shit' and keeps herself to herself.

Plus - like others have mentioned - it's debatable how close Gaga even is with Perez. They were at the start, but they're never together now, and she never talks about him. He wouldn't be around to get her thoughts on x, y and z, and I doubt she sends messages with 'What a cow. Attack.' :rolleyes:
  • maninthequeuemaninthequeue Posts: 2,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I loved about the British music scene from the Post Punk era through to Pre Band Aid/Live Aid/ Stock Aitken & Waterman domination 1980s is that popstars would openly slag each other off in the press (NME; Melody Maker; Smash Hits; Sounds; & on TV on shows like Saturday Superstore; Razzmatazz; Tiswas; The Tune; The Old Grey Whistle Test); because the concept of PR; marketing; product and celebrity brand did not exist back then, and music was all the better for it.

At school & college fellow students thought I was odd because my two favourite acts were Duran Duran & The Smiths; and they (especially Simon Le Bon & Morrissey) were constantly taking pot shots at each other.

Sadly, society has taken a turn for the worse in this respect as too many people blindly support their favourite act in whatever circumstances; and can't seem to be able to support one act on one subject; and turn against them on another.

I like Example, he clearly has a sense of humour unlike the humourless PR'd to death pop mannequins who've been offended.

But you only have to look at the recent reaction regarding the attempt at a joke F1 driver Lewis Hamilton made after the Monaco Grand Prix when he quoted Ali G "Is it cos I is black" phrase. Of course the newspapers and posters failed to report than McLaren's celebrity guest for the race in Monte Carlo was comedian Sacha Baron Cohen and his wife Isla Fisher ....; sadly today too many people seem to have a sense of humour bypass these days defaulting to Political Correctness at the very first opportunity.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Lady GaGa doesnt mention names but she does throw shade at other artists.

Xtina 'well know for Bitching other artists off'

Lilly allen
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    Lady GaGa doesnt mention names but she does throw shade at other artists.

To be fair her long held view of criticising acts who use too many backing tapes when performing live in concert is hardly an invalid point to make. P!nk has said the same thing frequently as well.

If certain fans of acts who are guilty of lip-syncing live in concert are offended by her comments, then more fool them for being gullible enough to pay big bucks to see an act cheat in concert.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's completely irrational to assume he was speaking on behalf of her. She is clearly not a bitchy kind of person, she even managed to remain civil when dealing with religious nutcases picketing her show FFS, if she were we'd have seen that rear it's ugly head by now. Katy, Rihanna, Christina etc. can pretend to be nice, but will throw shade no problem. It's the beauty of twitter. Gaga's attitude is very 'I don't give a shit' and keeps herself to herself.

Well, except GaGa goes out of her way to consistently rubbish artists who mime on stage and yet claims to adore Britney who is pretty much synonymous with miming at this stage in her career. GaGa is just as shady imo.
  • UpInMyFaceUpInMyFace Posts: 2,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly. Lady Gaga is just very sly in the way she does it.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gonna be honest, I find Example and his Twitter very amusing :D it's obviously not meant to be taken seriously though!
    Forum Member
    franster wrote: »
    Well, except GaGa goes out of her way to consistently rubbish artists who mime on stage and yet claims to adore Britney who is pretty much synonymous with miming at this stage in her career. GaGa is just as shady imo.

Mostly it's just Gaga saying that she doesn't mime because there's always the "ugh she's not talented. LIP SYNC!" crew that come around whenever she does.
    Forum Member
    franster wrote: »

Well, no, she doesn't. During her show, as part of the script, she basically says "just incase you thought I was lipsyncing, I never have and never will" followed by some belting.

It's a fair point, and it hardly makes her a shady person. I'd imagine it's directed far more at her detractors and showing off than intending to mock Britney. She has praised her countless times. Not liking lipsyncing =/= not liking Britney.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, no, she doesn't. During her show, as part of the script, she basically says "just incase you thought I was lipsyncing, I never have and never will" followed by some belting.

It's a fair point, and it hardly makes her a shady person. I'd imagine it's directed far more at her detractors and showing off than intending to mock Britney. She has praised her countless times. Not liking lipsyncing =/= not liking Britney.

Exactly, I've bought all of Britney Spears albums, because she's made many great pop tracks.

But I would not dream of seeing her in concert until she sings (close to) 100% of Her set live, because I hate that sort of thing.

That hardly makes me a shady person, just someone with certain standards and beliefs.
  • Mr. FahrenheitMr. Fahrenheit Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

It's funny how she hasn't actually mentioned Britney since she didn't get what she wanted from her.

Instead it's all been; ''Surprise! A pop show, and the bitch can sing!'', ''If you were going to compare me to a blonde popstar, I'm glad it's Madonna'' and ''I'm not like those blonde bitches who lip-sync all the time! Never have, never will! *Fails to do XTina impression*''.

Don't get me wrong, I love GaGa, but since IUSA pointed them out a while ago it's become clear that GaGa doesn't like Britney at all, or at least not anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamelia, I recall she called Leona Lewis a poor mans Mariah Carey
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    Elly Jackson from La Roux used to be the worst for this, but she seems to have vanished recently. Example is probably the most annoying one at the moment. I like his music, but he seems to dedicate SO much time to slagging other people off.

I tell you, I'm so glad that Elly bitch has found a seat...she was getting way too big for her boots...running her mouth at any artist she could think of...with her stupid ridiculous hairstyle (that looks like a giant orange cock) and faux-indie attitude...what a bitch...

She used to be in the news every week slagging down one artist while using it to promote her own record...I'm pretty sure Bulletproof only got to #1 after she'd milked her feud with N-Dubz more than a cow at a dairy farm...