Come dine with me and the simpsons. Coverage on more 4
    Paralympic Games 525 - 630
    Hollyoaks and news. Coverage on more 4
    Paralympic Games 730-1030
    The Last Leg with Adam Hills 1030-1115
    friday
    Paralympics Tonight 605-7am

So it looks like only one channel showing coverage at a time

They will also have coverage on three dedicated channels on Sky and Virgin - not sure about Virgin but on the Sky platform they will be using 450-452 (the same numbers the BBC used for its coverage).

No freeview red button coverage unfortunately - except for HD users I believe.
  • MandarkMandark Posts: 47,930
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    They will also have coverage on three dedicated channels on Sky and Virgin - not sure about Virgin but on the Sky platform they will be using 450-452 (the same numbers the BBC used for its coverage).

I've been reading that the new channels fire up in the EPG next Tuesday - 28 August. Wonder if they'll be using the same music and style as the BBC channels.
  • whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can watch on the international paralympics website - there are 5 live channels.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Channel 4 HD will have uninterrupted* coverage from 7am-11.15pm each day (with more irreverent "The Last Leg" from 10.30pm-11.15pm) -- in other words, the More4 coverage will be in HD on Channel 4 HD.

*Save for a 5 minute news bulletin at noon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Freeview 304 seems to be C4 PG Extra from 30th August
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MARTYM8 wrote: »

Just 3 channels? That's pants
  • grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Virgin have just added 6 channels, 3 HD and 3 standard, 550-555.
  • sparkie70sparkie70 Posts: 3,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A shame More 4 has little coverage as this is a big moment for C4 itself. The three para channels is welcome but little use if you have freeview sd.

Why C4 has to opt out but its HD version keeps the coverage is odd.
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparkie70 wrote: »
    A shame More 4 has little coverage as this is a big moment for C4 itself. The three para channels is welcome but little use if you have freeview sd.

Why C4 has to opt out but its HD version keeps the coverage is odd.

No More 4 HD.
    And like the BBC maybe C4 SD viewers cannot switch over to More 4 and watch Deal or no Deal. But I assume the News has to remain on C4 SD and cannot go on More4.

Is C4 HD/More 4 the only way Freeview viewers in Wales can see the Paralympics? Under the impression it is not on S4C?
  • Neda_TurkNeda_Turk Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Anyone know the actual satellite frequencies of these 3 extra channels?
  • leicslad45leicslad45 Posts: 299
    Forum Member
    I would like to ask what plans have the BBC and SKY got for covering the paralympics.

Will there be reports on BBC news, Sky News and Sky Sports News.

The paralympics should get the same amount of coverage as the olympics. Thats just my opinion
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    Of course they will.
    Five live will also be doing constant commentary of the Parakympcs.

Don't forget most of the BBC coverage wasn't in the news and sport but specific programming so can't be the same for the Parakympics as they don't have the rights to do so.
    It will be well represented in the appropriate places.
  • Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    leicslad45 wrote: »
    I would like to ask what plans have the BBC and SKY got for covering the paralympics.

Will there be reports on BBC news, Sky News and Sky Sports News.

The paralympics should get the same amount of coverage as the olympics. Thats just my opinion

I've seen reports on every BBC News bulletin I've seen this week.
  • hardeephardeep Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiger Rose wrote: »
    I've seen reports on every BBC News bulletin I've seen this week.

The One Show have also mentioned it on a regular basis even to the extent of mentioning Channel Four's coverage:) I'm sure there'll be lots of coverage on local news as well.

What will be interesting is how the 24 news and sports channels react. For the olympics every GB medal was a breaking event on both BBC and Sky News. Sky Sports had an onscreen medal tally for the entire games. (I was wondering after the first few days if it would quietly disappear;) )

I'd like to think they would do the same but I suspect that for the most part it'll be part of the hour/half hour round up with only the higher profile athletes like Ellie Simmonds getting the breaking news treatment. Guess we will see soon enough.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BBC appear to only be having coverage on BBC Five Live (radio) but I assume they will have enough drop in reports on the sports segment of BBC News
  • VideostarVideostar Posts: 14,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think More 4 channel will be showing some coverage too.
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Its better for Channel 4 to focus on quality. The BBC went for quantity at all costs, and ended up with some lousy coverage at times, with poorly informed presenters and weak commentators
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I just went and added the opening ceremony for the paralympics to my planner. couple of seconds later I went back to it and I hadn't imagined it, according to the epg the opening ceremony is not being broadcast in HD on the C4HD channel. that can't be right can it? please tell me I've missed something somewhere :confused::(
  • MeepersMeepers Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Given Channel 4 HD is just Channel 4 in HD then you must be mistaken.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulmbe wrote: »
    I just went and added the opening ceremony for the paralympics to my planner. couple of seconds later I went back to it and I hadn't imagined it, according to the epg the opening ceremony is not being broadcast in HD on the C4HD channel. that can't be right can it? please tell me I've missed something somewhere :confused::(

On my sky planner it's showing as on channel4hd from 8pm wednesday.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I set it to record, it was on the HD channel but not marked as being in HD.

I'm sure it's just a mistake.
  • rosalynnrosalynn Posts: 4,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the Paralympic ident on Channel 4 today - not sure if anyone else has seen it? Really glad they've done a special ident for the Paralympics :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSz7zXCwGAk
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,535
    Forum Member
    Meepers wrote: »
    Its better for Channel 4 to focus on quality. The BBC went for quantity at all costs, and ended up with some lousy coverage at times, with poorly informed presenters and weak commentators
    What absolute rubbish, please list the 'lousy coverage' examples.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should do coverage on E4 too. Worked well for BBC3 :)