Options

Why do the housemates on eviction night who are not up for eviction dress smartly?

ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Silly question, but I have always wondered why dress up for the occasion on eviction night, if you're not one of them going?

Does it matter if you're in a dressing gown and pyjamas if you're not up or is it seen as a big farewell party?

Comments

• Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some don't , but I suppose its just a way of doing something special , break the monotony etc.

of course it might be a bit difficult this week !
  • Options
    SunnydaysSunnydays Posts: 12,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    .......because they want to be shown at their best when they know that all the cameras will be on ALL the HMs....
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They know they are DEFINITELY going to be on camera for a good while that night. It's time to make an impression. Plus, you wouldn't turn up to a farewell party for someone in overly casual clothes! :p
  • Options
    callym1980callym1980 Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the process of 'getting ready' makes them feel good and breaks up the monotony.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe part of the reason is that they are worried that BB has been lying about who is up for eviction and therefore they get dressed up smart because they don't want to get evicted wearing tatty old rubbish

If they are big fans of BB they may remember the time during BB6 when BB did that whole lying to the house thing. One of the lies was that nominations were optional that week. BB told the house that Anthony, Craig and Kemal were up for evictions but as they were the only HMs who had nominated they were in fact safe and everyone else was up for eviction
  • Options
    PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a lot of the more dozy housmates seem to think that we can only see them when they are on a live show :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pitman wrote: »
    a lot of the more dozy housmates seem to think that we can only see them when they are on a live show :p

Forum members can be just as bad. I couldn't count the number of times I have read that "x always does y when she know that the cameras are on her". Pete was even accused of only having Tourettes when he was on camera, which was both fatuous and horrible.
  • Options
    jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Maybe part of the reason is that they are worried that BB has been lying about who is up for eviction and therefore they get dressed up smart because they don't want to get evicted wearing tatty old rubbish

If they are big fans of BB they may remember the time during BB6 when BB did that whole lying to the house thing. One of the lies was that nominations were optional that week. BB told the house that Anthony, Craig and Kemal were up for evictions but as they were the only HMs who had nominated they were in fact safe and everyone else was up for eviction

I think that's definitely why. they always want to dress decent just in case BB goes 'oh by the way everyones up for eviction', or 'oh by the way we lied. X Y and Z aren't up. everyone else is'. also I suppose like someone else says it gives them something to do during the day on a Friday so why not lol
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Might have been started in BB6 when the housemates were told 3 housemates were up however it came to eviction night and everyone but those 3 were up and no one else seemed ready

and we know BB can change at anytime so they might just say you're all up as a punishment or something
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always thought that it's just part of the eviction night atmosphere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might have been started in BB6 when the housemates were told 3 housemates were up however it came to eviction night and everyone but those 3 were up and no one else seemed ready

and we know BB can change at anytime so they might just say you're all up as a punishment or something

I am sure even in BB1 and BB2 they used to all be suited and booted for when Davina came on :cool:

apart of course, you always get the odd slob that just sits there in their underpants and carpet slippers :cool:
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Pitman wrote: »
    I am sure even in BB1 and BB2 they used to all be suited and booted for when Davina came on :cool:

apart of course, you always get the odd slob that just sits there in their underpants and carpet slippers :cool:

I probably think it was BB6 as I don't remember everyone getting dressed up in BB5 (which was my first BB) but I could be wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I probably think it was BB6 as I don't remember everyone getting dressed up in BB5 (which was my first BB) but I could be wrong

maybe BB5 were all just slobs :cool:

for sure in early BBs they did, in BB2 you had Helen the disco dancer who used to spend about the entire week doing her hair for Friday night :p
  • Options
    JazieJazie Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    I think they dress up simply because BB requests them too as it is a live broadcast.

In the US the audience at eviction shows even have a dress code to participate.
  • Options
    bbloverbblover Posts: 41,663
    Forum Member
    It's like going out i guess,part of Eviction nights routine.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BB isn't always honest with evictions. I'd get dressed up every week over fear that really I was up for eviction.
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,109
    Forum Member
    If I was in the house I would feel quite rude knowing someone is leaving and I'm dressed like nothing is happening. I wouldn't go all out, but I'd look presentable to acknowledge it as a significant event in the house.

Though, as has been mentioned, knowing BB nowadays you never want to be caught off guard.
  • Options
    JennylooJennyloo Posts: 14,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunnydays wrote: »
    .......because they want to be shown at their best when they know that all the cameras will be on ALL the HMs....

As if they arent at other times.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they are on TV and want to look well unless its the Jeremy Kyle show of course.
  • Options
    troystontroyston Posts: 1,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess it's almost like their Friday night out. It must get pretty monotonous in there so you might as well try to make an event out of it. Plus .. don't BB normally give them parties after the eviction? By parties I mean booze.