Options

Ralph Macchio - 51???

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What is that man taking?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Ralph_Macchio_01_%289514696578%29.jpg

Oh, and sidebar (sorry), what is it with Daniel Larusso? Three films, three different girls. What a player!?!

*Sweep the leg!*

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/c8ad4aa802/wax-on-f-ck-off-with-ralph-macchio

Comments

• Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First and third film were good. 2nd was terrible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never heard of him, what does he do?
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

Gets beaten up, acts like a wounded puppy, quotes a Robert Frost poem, causes a fire in an abandoned church, throws a bed pan at a nurse, and dies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Takae wrote: »
    Gets beaten up, acts like a wounded puppy, quotes a Robert Frost poem, causes a fire in an abandoned church, throws a bed pan at a nurse, and dies.

That explains it all:o
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member

Awhatnow?:confused:

Wax on, wax off...
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    Great genes.
  • Options
    shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »

The OP should have said the kid in the 80s Karate Kid films. Would have been a lot clearer. Thanks Google.
  • Options
    LykkieLiLykkieLi Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    The OP should have said the kid in the 80s Karate Kid films. Would have been a lot clearer. Thanks Google.

Clicking on the link would have shown that, he hasn't aged much.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He must have been 23 when he made The Karate Kid then. Not as bad as some other age discrepancies, like Stockard Channing being about 34 when she made Grease and Dustin Hoffman being around 30 when he made The Graduate. Only six years younger than Anne Bancroft.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member

Stay Gold Ponyboy!

:D
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He makes Phoebe from friends look well old.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    In Karate Kid 3 he is older than the man who played Terry Silver (The new Cobra Kai teacher who tricks Daniel to let him be his new trainer)
  • Options
    kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    The memory of the young, slightly chubby Elisabeth Shue in that film gives me the horn.
  • Options
    Rare GrooveRare Groove Posts: 406
    Forum Member
    More like what's he not taking.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    The memory of the young, slightly chubby Elisabeth Shue in that film gives me the horn.

You take that back right now...:mad::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You take that back right now...:mad::p

Aw come on, she was puppy-fat pokeable in TKK :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    He must have been 23 when he made The Karate Kid then. Not as bad as some other age discrepancies, like Stockard Channing being about 34 when she made Grease and Dustin Hoffman being around 30 when he made The Graduate. Only six years younger than Anne Bancroft.

The thing is that he actually makes quite a convincing teenager in the first Karate Kid film, despite being in his 20s, as you say. His on-screen girlfriend, the lovely, curvy Elisabeth Shue, was 21 but didn't really look like a teenager.

I really like the first film. Of course it's not great cinema and it has all the cliches of 80s films - power ballads, terrible hair etc. However, the story has a certain charm and the late Pat Morita was brilliant as Mr Miyagi.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The thing is that he actually makes quite a convincing teenager in the first Karate Kid film, despite being in his 20s, as you say. His on-screen girlfriend, the lovely Elisabeth Shue, was 21 but didn't really look like a teenager.

Ironic then that by the third film, Shue had blossomed into quite the lovely (I know she wasn't in it), and Ralph had put on about two stone, and wore his trousers higher than Simon Cowell. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kippeh wrote: »
    Ironic then that by the third film, Shue had blossomed into quite the lovely (I know she wasn't in it), and Ralph had put on about two stone, and wore his trousers higher than Simon Cowell. :D

Yes, Ralph was a bit of a chubster by the third one (Italian genes, I expect). He should probably have switched arts from Karate to Sumo to make it more convincing.:D

Elisabeth was indeed still sex on a stick in 1995 when she was in Leaving Las Vegas.
  • Options
    MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His wig isn't very fetching.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was also in My Cousin Vinny which starred Joe Pesci. Great film. :D
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh how I loved Daniel LaRusso during my pre-teen years. ♥

He does look good for his age in that picture OP, but his forehead looks a little larger in this pic.
    http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/ralph-macchio.jpg

And his hair looks a little different in this one! :D
    http://www.movpins.com/big/MV5BMTY3ODQwNDgzNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDU4NDA2NA/ralph-macchio-at-event-of-take-me-home-tonight.jpg
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    You could always tell when Karate Kid 1 had been on TV as the next day half the kids in the playground were trying to do the crane kick and as ours had wooden stumps some tried to get up and do it on those
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    Oh how I loved Daniel LaRusso during my pre-teen years. ♥

i cant relate to that, but i love this song inspired by it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00ZHah-c0hQ
  • Options
    soransoran Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was also good in Crossroads(1986) although the story is similar to TKK just swap Karate for guitars.