Options

What was your best and worst grade at school?

enudzioenudzio Posts: 2,932
Forum Member
✭✭✭
as today it is GCSE results day , thought i would start this thread , what was your best and worst grade in school and in which subject?

mine was

Best - C in Maths

Worst - F in Georgraphy.

Comments

• Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,641
    Forum Member
    Worst grade was a G in maths
    Best was an A* in French
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Best- A* in English Literature.
    Worst- D in IT (and I got a B in the exam, it was just my failure to do any coursework that dragged it down. I retook it in my first year of sixth form and passed, so we can all die happy.)
  • Options
    ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    F in English at school. It has improved since at college. :)
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got a B in maths this year after finally getting around to it

and the worst were e's in physics,social studies,office studies and english - but it was 1988 and one of the crappiest schools in the area where even the dobermans travelled in pairs where they didn't even bother to get text books for the new gcse exams as they apparently were told the old O level books were fine so queue a lot of studying to find that most of what we did in mocks based on o levels was of as much use as a sausage at a barmitzpah
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grade 5 CSE Maths was worst, Grade 2 CSE English was best, but those were the only two I did anyway!
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F in A Level Geography. My cousin used to grade A Level papers for extra income and he told me at that time you would have to even spell your own name wrong, to get an F.

And highest the same year, a Distinction in the JMB's Special Paper English - higher than A Level. At the time, I was told it was the highest distinction gained but I dunno how they knew that. JMB was notoriously the toughest board in that subject, too. At the same time I got an A in A Level English - the only one in my year at my crap comprehensive. When I got to uni I never met a single person who even passed the English S Paper. And they'd all gone to public schools and grammar schools. So I went from the lowest grade possible to the highest, in one set of exams.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At GCSE my worst was a C in science and PE. My best was A* in English.

At A-level I got Bs in everything.
  • Options
    idlewildeidlewilde Posts: 8,698
    Forum Member
    Best - English, Maths, Physics
    Worst - PE, French, Religious Studies (I spoiled the RS paper deliberately)
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got four 3s and four 4s. Originally had one 5 but it got changed to a 4 after my teacher appealed it. I guess the equivalent to this is four Cs and four Ds
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Double A* in Science was technically my highest.

D in English Literature was my only grade below C. So glad that I scraped the English Language C as otherwise I would have been retaking it . . . . .
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,043
    Forum Member
    Pre-A*s for me:

Best: A, Worst: B
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For official external exams:

Worst: An A in GCSE English Language.
    Best: I got an A* in all my A-levels and 9 of my GCSEs. Out of those, I'm most happy with my score of 595/600 in A-level Chemistry.
    I did get full marks in GCSE Chemistry and Physics, but so did a hell of a lot of other people and "full marks" nowadays doesn't actually mean "full marks" because of the way exams are scaled from "raw marks" to "UMS marks".

I sat my GCSEs in 2012 and A-levels this year. Say whatever you will about grade inflation and the state of modern qualifications.

Outside of proper external examinations, I've probably got a number of C's in subjects I'm terrible at such as Art, Music and Technology.
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I left school before GCEs were introduced, but I always got good marks in French, (quelle surprise), English, history, and geography, but was useless at mathematics and science.
  • Options
    sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always got a A in sport and Z in Maths and English.
    This was before Dyslexia was known about.
    Was put in the dunce class for most of my school life.
    I often wonder how I would have fared these days with exams and with the knowledge of dyslexia. Or in the US where I might have got a scholarship because of being great at sport
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    G in Art. Didn't even know that grade even existed until I got my results. It's funny though, at the time when I got my GCSE results I was devatsted by them (all of my results were quite bad) and thought it was the absolute end of the world. It really wasn't. Eventually I even went to University. Also, any jobs that I've had don't even ask for them.
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did mine in 1993, best was 2 Bs in English and worst was 2 Es in Science. Got a couple of other Bs too but they were crappy, non important subjects.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 9A's and 1B. Worst was English Literature. Best technically was Business Studies (2 away from A*; got an A* in it in the mocks.)

The worst grade I ever got was 2 grade D's in AS Level units - an AS Literature exam (after doing the worst in it at GCSE, I really should have reconsidered taking it) and a General Studies paper. That one came as a surprise, as I knew what I was talking about in that exam, compared to the other paper that I got an A in despite guessing most of it!
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got 7 As and 2 Bs
  • Options
    trphiltrphil Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did O levels rather than GCSEs, I got 5 As, 5 Bs and 2 Cs. I can't remember all the individual subject grades but my C at English Lit. Was quite an achievement as I hadn't read any of the books, although I have read and enjoyed them all since.
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best B in maths, worst D in History with a C in Geography in the middle. I only took 3 GCSEs because I was home schooled and was already studying electronics engineering part time at college by the time I had to do my GCSEs.
  • Options
    irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got 0% in a maths test in Secondary School - I was removed from the class and dropped down to a lower class ... the teacher was a w.anker anyway :p
  • Options
    EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    C in English
    F in French
  • Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best - A*s in English, Literature, Business, Economics, Geography, and Commerce.

Worst - C in friggin Mathematics.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    My worst was an, erm, epic fail in Chemistry.
    I didn't want to take Chemistry as an o-level option but I was already doing every subject that was an alternative for it so I was stuck with it.

With hindsight, it was probably a bit of a daft idea to let 14 year old kids pick the subjects they took exams in by themselves, without any help, 'cos it was all rather confusing.
    If I'd had a bit of help I probably could have arranged my options so I was doing another subject I was actually interested in. :(
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best grade: A (there was none of this A* rubbish back then).
    Worst grade: C