Worst Manager(s) your club has had?

Comments

• skinjskinj Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Juande Ramos or Christian Gross have to be two of the worst Spurs managers I remember!!!

Gotta be Ramos, Gross had nothing to make a mess of, Juande took a great group of players and just gradually turned it into a mess, got worse from day 1. Only good thing was the CC win but Jol had already got us there fairly much. After that win we did nothing.
  • Pink_PounderPink_Pounder Posts: 13,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my memory?

Technically the worst manager of my club I have first hand experience of is Sir Alex Ferguson.

But it's kind of a one horse race. I can't comment on how 'bad' anyone else was as I wasn't alive to judge.
  • Wallasey SaintWallasey Saint Posts: 7,621
    Forum Member
    Graeme Souness stint at Liverpool, got rid of Peter Beardsley, Ray Houghton & brought rubbish like Paul Stewart.

If we can include International level, then it has to be Steve McClaren, summed up by the last game, v Croatia when, we were 2-0 down in 20 min, & he was more bothered, about keeping dry, than changing tactics
  • Jen-BJen-B Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of recent years?

Mansfield Town - Carlton bloody Palmer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Paul Jewell
  • Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,040
    Forum Member
    Adrian Heath & Brian Robson
  • Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my lifetime, it has to be David O'Leary (Villa). Though Graham Taylor's second stint was a disaster too.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my memory?

Technically the worst manager of my club I have first hand experience of is Sir Alex Ferguson.

But it's kind of a one horse race. I can't comment on how 'bad' anyone else was as I wasn't alive to judge.

Who the hell is your club?
  • Faxy FowlerFaxy Fowler Posts: 17,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Sir Alex manages Manchester United.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get it now, was being a bit thick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its quite good going if he is your worst. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Southampton - Ian Branfoot
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dave2233 wrote: »
    Alex Ferguson of cause,
    He the only one i have ever know, so therefore he has to be the worst ;)
    In my memory?

Two for Fergie, it's official Regular Foxiness is shit :p
  • the chimpthe chimp Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jen-B wrote: »
    Of recent years?

Mansfield Town - Carlton bloody Palmer.
    By a country mile........ Haslam,s (spit) best mate.
  • jalfrezijalfrezi Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrcynical wrote: »
    Could people please put the name of the club with the manager.

It's just that the likes of Souness, Hoddle, Mowbray, Megson, etc, may have f*cked up several clubs, and we don't neccessarily know which one you are referring to.

D'you get the impression they're not listening to you mate? :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my lifetime Boothroyd ruined us financially, by offering unsustainable contracts. But Brendan Brodgers is just a general t***. Sold our best players, no loyalty, left us for a bigger pay check.
  • trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Josef Venglos - Aston Villa
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 734
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bolton - Gary Megson
  • MalbrenMalbren Posts: 3,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my lifetime Boothroyd ruined us financially, by offering unsustainable contracts. But Brendan Brodgers is just a general t***. Sold our best players, no loyalty, left us for a bigger pay check.

I though Aidy did a good job with us, i wouldn't have him down as worst. He got us into prem, grnated we came back down and then we were low in table when he left but he gave us some good times for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jay-1.1 wrote: »
    Bolton - Gary Megson

Worst you've ever had? Kept you in the Premier League.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst you've ever had? Kept you in the Premier League.

I've never got the Bolton hatred of Megson either but there must be a good reason behind it.

I haven't got many choices really...most of the managers we have had had to work with difficult circumstances at sometime during their reign. I'll actually have to go for Roy Keane because he was the first manager since I started watching who had a stable club to move forward and instead he managed to take us backwards somehow. Still, we appear to have recovered this season so can't moan too much. :D
  • braddobraddo Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Mike Walker-Everton
  • jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Swansea City briefly had a manager who'd been the youth team manager at non league Crawley Town Kevin something or other - didn't last long. So insignificant that I can't recall his name without looking up the club online.:D
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JDD93 wrote: »
    QPR - hmm where do i begin? i will go for recent ones, Gerry Francis 2nd stint, Garry Waddock, and Mick Hartford's 2nd stint
    So many to choose from. :) The worst ever was probably Tommy Docherty, admittedly only a cameo performance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thinking about it, given we've yet to win in three games this season, the accolade must be given to David Moyes.

Sack him and bring back Howard Kendall. Job done.